So what now?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: So what now?

Post by ColinM »

Deraless wrote:Why does sports commentary turn so many former players into self-regarding twats?

Moore and BOD were twats long before their commentary careers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The question is why are self serving twats selected by broadcasters to commentate?

The answer is their self serving ways cause them to be most well known and therefore most saleable assets. A self fulfilling prophecy

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

At least everyone now knows what a self aggrandizng ballbeg BOD is. Before, some may just have suspected it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Whatever happened to the damaging news that was to hit the week after the trial finished?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

big mervyn wrote:At least everyone now knows what a self aggrandizng ballbeg BOD is. Before, some may just have suspected it.
That was a particular disgusting moment hearing BOD state there was nothing else the FIRFU could do. Talking about topics, in the media, that you only have a fleeting knowledge about is nasty.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

damianmcr wrote:Whatever happened to the damaging news that was to hit the week after the trial finished?
Logan saying he's going nowhere

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:Whatever happened to the damaging news that was to hit the week after the trial finished?
It's been and gone
Blood on PJs sheets or some brad pitt

The real news is hidden behind the veil of anonymity cast over her by Gerry Adams lawyer

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I am in full agreement with this article

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/every-sa ... ner-future

When your CEO demonstrates a culture of failure being equal to success then it is not difficult to see how that can transcend into the 'we've made it' attitudes of the Academy players and the 'men around town' attitudes of the junior squad players.

Look at it this way, when Logan is asked if rugby is failing under his watch he replies, no it is a success, we have a great stadium and 27m under privileged Ulstermen touched a rugby ball last year. Hardly a beacon of high performance for a Pro sports outfit.

The top shaggers made it on Logan's watch and while he preached the gospel at them, people only tend to take heed of those who choose to practice their preachings.

This boils down to culture, and the CEO is employed to develop and be responsible for the culture of an organisation. A more humble Christian would recommend and fight for the guys to be forgiven and given that second chance. A less odious and arrogant individual could make the connection between his actions and the lack of a real killer instinct and winning mentality in his organisation.

For the record I believe the boys did wrong. They were innocent of the charges but guilty of a few moral crimes given their positions in society. SO seemed more guilty of boasting than PJ. I do however believe that their criminal innocence is sufficient to warrant an opportunity for redemption and do not subscribe to the view that their is any grey area between not guilty and guilty.

FOSL

breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Russ wrote:
It's been and gone

The real news is hidden behind the veil of anonymity cast over her by Gerry Adams lawyer

now now russ...

Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
It's been and gone

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 94371.html
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Why does sports commentary turn so many former players into self-regarding twats?[/quote]BoDs missus is in PR isn't she?
Would he have something to gain financially from following her lead?
BoD owns an agency that represents some Irish players who have a financial stake in PJ and Olding not playing for Ireland again

BoD is a poison chalice and his naked sectarianism was well known when he played Ulster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Have you never watched Striking Out? Mrs BOD is quite good in it. Sort of LA Law meets Jack Taylor but set in Dublin.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I dislike Ms Huberman's taste in men although she may be a perfectly decent sort that apart. At least she has the good sense not to take his name, for it will save on administration when she sees the error of her ways