TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Post by therealspratt »

Or maybe realise Ulster is about more than those two players.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I have made alot of very good friends over the years at Ravenhill

I'm gonna miss seeing them there.

Will have to find other ways to keep in touch. :evil:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

How can Gilroy stay? Can someone explain that to me? His message was worse. I thought the review was on the content of the messages only??

If anything, his staying confirms that this outcome was pre-determined and that the trial was a factor when it should not have been.

Ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards here by the IRFU and Ulster Rugby were complicit in all of it. Will we get anything from them to replace the lads? Don't waste your time wondering on that.

I'm so disappointed, we've had some blows and low points down through the years but this one will take some coming back from.

My season ticket is gone.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Wee Woman wrote:How can Gilroy stay? Can someone explain that to me? His message was worse. I thought the review was on the content of the messages only??

If anything, his staying confirms that this outcome was pre-determined and that the trial was a factor when it should not have been.

Ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards here by the IRFU and Ulster Rugby were complicit in all of it. Will we get anything from them to replace the lads? Don't waste your time wondering on that.

I'm so disappointed, we've had some blows and low points down through the years but this one will take some coming back from.

Olding’s referral to circumstances beyond his contractual obligations as being the factor behind the termination of contracts was the telling part of this mornings statements.

I’d have renewed immediately upon reinstatement as I believe they have been punished enough. In the circumstances why should I part with £600 for two season tickets? Who is our coaching team for next season? In the case of an injury to McPhillips will our 9/10 combo be Shanahan and Cooney as per last night?

Logan is also deluded if he thinks our ‘loyal’ sponsors renew their deals at current rates under the circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The bigger elephant in the room is the BBC footage stopping, less media exposure on TV will hurt.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

I won't be back either. I always recommend everyone deletes any connections the have with them on social media. Let them see the numbers falling everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Get the ready for the heart string tugging insencere bull from UR PR for next week. Tommy wheeled out as it could be his last game and a last chance to say thanks and goodbye, plus some player wheeled out to say how much the crowd gave them a lift against Ospreys and they need the 16th man. Maybe even Bryn wheeled out to say he understands some anger but the team needs us etc.

Well the ONlY way any real protest will get media attention is people simply not turning up. Any other gesture win’t be seen or reported.

For the record, i would have been ok with a further 6 month bans for the players which i think would have quelled a lot of this, but the sack is too far.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Funny thing is that when the news broke last night I felt sick to my stomach, slept like crap - and tbh I was thinking I was over-reacting and taking it all too personally. But pretty much everyone I have spoken to seems to feel the same... an absolute kick in the teeth from a pack of spineless asshats, I haven’t spoken to anyone who will actually be going to the match next week

Only consolation - apparently big paydays for the lads... I only hope that they have fulfilling and successful careers away from this absolute midden-heap...

I now kind of feel sorry for Henderson, signing on for another couple of years
..one more thing
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So conflicted on this. One one hand I don't want Tommys last game to be ruined by this clusterfuk however a point needs to be made regarding what has happened. An empty ground for the start of the game will make the fans views very clear. Anyone without a season ticket should stay away completely and those with one should follow baggys advice and throw them on the pitch at the end.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Wee Woman wrote:How can Gilroy stay? Can someone explain that to me? His message was worse. I thought the review was on the content of the messages only??

I have no desire to see any player from ulster or any other provinve punished on the back of this but i hope someone has the balls to ask the IRFU/UR to explain why the sanctions are different for Gilroy versus the other 2.

If all 3 had gone i could have understood it better.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The IRFU statement is beyond pathetic. A wishy washy meaningless patsy with no time constraint or end goal. They sacrificed our lads on the Social Media Warrior altar, who were looking a pound of flesh and they got it.

The selling off of our TV rights to ppv
The disgusting treatment of Pienaar
The lack of any international north of the border in a decade.
The termination of two innocent Ulstermen for something that every professional player in Ireland has done.

Who do they expect us to get in at 10 for next season? They can literally name their price, even the most average of players will cost us a fortune. Dublin can f*ck off as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

jean valjean wrote:So conflicted on this. One one hand I don't want Tommys last game to be ruined by this clusterfuk however a point needs to be made regarding what has happened. An empty ground for the start of the game will make the fans views very clear. Anyone without a season ticket should stay away completely and those with one should follow baggys advice and throw them on the pitch at the end.

Tommy's last game will be the playoff game v Tospreys

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

therealspratt wrote:Or maybe realise Ulster is about more than those two players.
Or maybe realise ‘it’s the last straw’ and that whilst everyone’s anger at this moment in time is focused on PJ and SOs dismissal, its really just another of many reasons to leave, many of which were highlighted at the recent season ticket holders meeting.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:
jean valjean wrote:So conflicted on this. One one hand I don't want Tommys last game to be ruined by this clusterfuk however a point needs to be made regarding what has happened. An empty ground for the start of the game will make the fans views very clear. Anyone without a season ticket should stay away completely and those with one should follow baggys advice and throw them on the pitch at the end.

Tommy's last game will be the playoff game v Tospreys

Are we there yet? Can't see us gaining any more points and Treviso have zebre to come. How are tied teams separated in the table?

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Couldn't give a f*ck about Tommy's last game or Treviso.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall