TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Post by Snipe Watson »

My ire hasn’t subsided one little bit, but it has been drawn into sharp focus and direction. That direction is south.
I know for a fact that UR management did not want this outcome. This decision was forced by sponsors and the IRFU who wanted to make an example of them.
I also take as gospel Baggy’s words when he said some of the players didn’t even want to play last night.
I’m left to conclude that it would be wrong of me to withdraw my support from those players who have seen their mates shafted by the craven quislings of the IRFU with their passive sectarian agenda. I abhor them and everything about them.
Let us apportion blame where it belongs, with Philip Browne and the rest of the D4 biǧots.
If there’s a dirty end of the stick, we get it. If there’s a costly point to be made it’s at our expense. As far as I’m concerned Ravenhill is occupied by a hostile power.
I will continue to support my team, the oppressor will not drive me away, but to quote Baggy again, the IRFU are dead to me.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Hendo looked very angry post game.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
jean valjean wrote:So conflicted on this. One one hand I don't want Tommys last game to be ruined by this clusterfuk however a point needs to be made regarding what has happened. An empty ground for the start of the game will make the fans views very clear. Anyone without a season ticket should stay away completely and those with one should follow baggys advice and throw them on the pitch at the end.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Tommy's last game will be the playoff game v Tospreys

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't bet on it Jackie, we need to match Treviso in their match against Zebre
We have also a game in hand Rooster. Not that I really give a feck
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Timmy has only ever been concerned about his wallet. His social media makes that clear
rugoval
Novice

Post by rugoval »

I have never been someone to go down this route previously, but I am convinced there is some sort of passive sectarianism being displayed by the IRFU, demonstrated by recent decisions regarding Ulster rugby. I am furious with the IRFU and with the BOI which seems to perceive itself as the custodian of moral integrity and yet with their recent history.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

With hindsight how could anyone have thought that there would be any other outcome?
The agenda is being set by women these days, all organisations are desperate to appear female-friendly.
The way the unions and tv are promoting womens' rugby internationals (in spite of the miniscule player base) springs to mind.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

big mervyn wrote:Couldn't give a f*ck about Tommy's last game or Treviso.
Me too, sorry Tommy.

Have to say the lack of any kind of public support from the players of the 4 provinces sticks in my craw, even if it would be through their Rugby Players Ireland association. I'd say plenty of them have done a lot or written a lot worse than the two lads and got away with it. Threat of strike action or just the support of the players might have had an effect. Pathetic.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

People are scared to stick their head above the parapet due to the #metoo movements tactic of naming, shaming and, as demonstrated, destroying of anyone it doesn't agree with. I can understand why the players have been quiet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We should all have turned our back on the FIRFU after Ruan. At that time I burned all FIRFU merch and I still cringe when I see ejits wearing FIRFU merch at Spanners. Saw a woman on Friday wearing a FIRFU beanie. I almost lost control of my inner gent.
I haven’t supported FIRFU’s international team since Ruan and won’t watch them again.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:We should all have turned our back on the FIRFU after Ruan. At that time I burned all FIRFU merch and I still cringe when I see ejits wearing FIRFU merch at Spanners. Saw a woman on Friday wearing a FIRFU beanie. I almost lost control of my inner gent.
I haven’t supported FIRFU’s international team since Ruan and won’t watch them again.
The only thing only wardrobe I'm even half comfortable with right now is the retro shirt; white, red hand, long sleeves and no corporate shyte.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

That’s because it not the new fitted style shirt. Nothing to do with sponsors...it’s yer belly.

I wish ta feck I could get my hands on the retro shirt.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I have written to Tommy telling him I wont dirty the gates even for his last game and wished him all the best

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

You can get them on http://www.sumosam.com/retro-rugby-jerseys/

Safe in the knowledge the IRFU get none of the money!!

For me it’s empty seats, it’ll get the sponsors jittery and that’ll be what UR & IRFU care about. On social media let the squad know we support them but that they shafted the 2 lads and we’re boycotting the place, as well as bbc.

Ive been giving brad pitt to the Irfu and UR on Twitter. Also fair play to Neil best who has been more vocal than any other former player, and now Quinlan questioning Logan’s role.

As an aside if I was Schmidt I’d be worried. No high quality back up 10 to sexton. It’s going to be arg 15 all over again with a madigan 2.0 cluster feck by keatley or wee joey.

....but of course sitting on a bench watching a world class 10 makes u better not actually playing...that’s why the fans are also brilliant 10s. The Irfu only do what’s best for them. Shove a replacement 10 from down south. We’ll play our own.

Remember the q at the season tkt holders meeting re 2yr seAson tkts....that it was just a convenient option for supporters?....yeah course it was....or maybe they wanted to tie fans in because they suspected or knew what was coming down the line, and how the fans would react.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »