ARE WE JUST GOING TO MEEKLY ACCEPT THIS?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

useless mess
Novice

Re: ARE WE JUST GOING TO MEEKLY ACCEPT THIS?

Post by useless mess »

I'll not be setting foot in Ravenhill again, simple as that.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

I've been going to matches at Ravenhill for 25 years plus and Lansdowne Rd for over 30 years. That' s me finished with the FIRFU. This decision was based purely on money, not what was right and fair. I'll never give them another lousy cent/penny as long as my arsehole looks down.

I'll be writing to both UR and the FIRFU in due course to register my disapproval of their actions and to let them know they can get some other eijit to part with their money. If i used any of the sponsors (which i don't) i'd be cancelling their services, so I encourage any right minded Ulster folk to do so expeditiously.

Shove yer money up yer jam roll Phil Orr, you spineless f@ck
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

They won't care about demonstrations or walk outside. All they care about is money. A half empty stadium is the only way to show our disgust. It won't be hard to achieve, the place was only 2/3rds full at best on Friday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

It's plain and simple in my mind.

Everyone turn up as normal, but don't cross the turnstile.

Wear UR jerseys with the sponsors taped off.

Demand the reinstatement of the innocent and removal of Logan.

If this gets traction I'll go, if not Rifle Park.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I would be up for a protest outside the grounds, 14000 fans outside the grounds with none in the stands would send a very strong message
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If I thought for five minutes that 14000 of us would either turn up, or stand outside, I’d be right there with them. The truth is, most of the sheep will either turn up as usual and watch the game, or stay away entirely. In short, it will be a complete cocksoda. Ulster supporters don’t do protests. They find excuses to attend.
A mass walkout on the Ten minute mark is a beautiful idea, but it would be done half heartedly and have no impact. Plus the vendors of grub and booze would still get a turn.

Should the URSC call for a boycott, we might be onto something but I can’t see it happening.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I agree with tender.We as supporters dont have the spine for a public display. If i thought the masses would, Id go for it but for most its all talk. We only represent a small fraction on this forum. The 17000 or so who signed the petition are wooden dollars imo.

I just wont be going anymore and not support the UR organisation financially in any way. I'll also do it the old fashioned way and put it in writing as to why.
Exterminate all rational thought
Ulster71
Novice

Post by Ulster71 »

I too have stopped going to Ireland matches on back of the Ruan decision. I also agree there is passive sectarian behaviours @ D4. There is a new petition re getting rid of Logan , I know last one was ignored but this is quite specific ,albeit not well written, & signing it will make me feel I’ve done something. However it’s not just Logan I am fuming with, but the weak representation UR have @ IRFU. Could it be they are too long in the tooth, no fire in their bellies & too comfy with their nice ( paid for) hotels & restaurants to rock the boat too much—- can almost hear them say (Father Ted voice) ‘Down with that sort of thing ‘.
I desperately want to show my solidarity with the remaining UR players but feel so strongly about this heinous act I am torn as to what to do next.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If there’s a petition to rid ourselves of Logan, give us a link thread similar to the Paddy & Stu petition.
I’d gladly make a donation if funding is required to keep such a petition running.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

I agree with most on here, a walk out would send a message, but is also unlikely to happen.
I think both IRFU and Ulster have factored into account we are approaching the end of the season and relying on the fact this will blow over pretty soon.
Equally as many of us can stop going to Ireland games as you like, but it wont make a difference to the IRFU, they can happly fill those seats with supporters from Munster, Leinster and Connacht.

I think if we could make anyone notice, it would require a small warchest, where by we could take out monthly adverts, so that the issue doesn't go away. The adverts would have to do the following:

- call out the inequality, of the decision:
In 2013 when two other internationals had there own sex scandal, did that not bring the game into disrepute, where were the protests, the review, or the sponsors raising concerns (shouldn't name players by name, just the fact they were and still are major ireland internationals)
- Ask the question do Ulster rugby fans feel they should support Bank of Ireland, if Bank of Ireland doesn't support Ulster players
- Ask the question can Ulster rugby fans support the IRFU, when they don't support Ulster players.
- The fans acknowledge that the messages were inappropriate and degrading, but feel that the players should have given the opportunity to use their experience to work with young guys from grass roots upwards, to understand the importance of respect etc etc.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

useless mess wrote:I'll not be setting foot in Ravenhill again, simple as that.
i think it is that simple. Anything else is just the whipped dog going back for more
..one more thing
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Tender wrote:If there’s a petition to rid ourselves of Logan, give us a link thread similar to the Paddy & Stu petition.
I’d gladly make a donation if funding is required to keep such a petition running.
https://www.change.org/p/ulster-rugby-s ... ate-effect
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Interesting , look who is in the middle of this threesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... e_between/

Oh and the comments , wel, you can rest assure DUBLIN ignored this
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
Leonidas wrote:I’ve already emailed the IRFU to indicate my extreme displeasure, a small gesture in itself but at least if enough people email it will be a pain in the ar$e for someone in the IRFU to sift through them all and might make them think about the potentially irreversible ramifications of their course of action (if indeed they care) ># ># >#

Ps I agree that BOI share a large part of the blame for this and it would be good to demonstrate this to them
why not Vodafone and bear in mind baggy has already alluded they they were worse than BoI..
Cockers, have you lost your mind? Are you a secret IRFU 5th columnist? Or do you work for BT?

I most certainly didn't say Vodaphone were worse than anybody and I have repeatedly said that BANK OF IRELAND pulled the trigger and made their fate sealed by threats to withdraw sponsorship. I do not know what KINGSPAN, VODAPHONE, BT or any other sponsor said, I do know from an unimpeachable sauce that the players were told that it was BANK OF IRELAND's intervention, made before they made their statement that sealed their fate.

I have no wish to excuse any threats from any sponsors, I simply want to clarify that nobody but BANK OF IRELAND have certain blame in my knowledge. They do the hypocritical shysters, who are still attempting to rob their customers as the mortgage base rate scandal demonstrates, €170 Million worth of illegal charges excised from their financial figures in the last annual accounts. No lessons learned from the financial crash, still the same avaricious mentality, no hint that what is good for their customers will profit the bank, just a hard "strip their cash at all opportunities" approach, employing cut & burn executives who slash services take their bonus and move on. Warren Gatland.

Now, is that clear?

BANK OF IRELAND SACKED JACKSON & OLDING. Others may have played a part.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.