ARE WE JUST GOING TO MEEKLY ACCEPT THIS?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ARE WE JUST GOING TO MEEKLY ACCEPT THIS?

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:Mass pitch invasion on 10 minutes followed by walking out?
Are you going to be there to lead the charge?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If you're going to throw anything onto the pitch, shirts (Ulster and/0r Ireland) would make a strong and very visible point. I have a clatter that I'm unlikely to wear again.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe... WE may not agree on much but hopefully we could on this.

The only message that UR will understand is that of empty seats and terraces being broadcast across the BBC next week. A scene in which vendors have no bar or food sales sales and a desolate Ravenhill suggesting what the future might look like and which leave 200 Fone-a-Cab taxi drivers with no fares for the evening....

Trust me UR believe they can ride this out and drop a few short-term sales safe in the knowledge that most will turn up and that by next year we will all have kissed and made up bar the 14 die-hards that refused to buckle. Protest is not the way forward an empty stadium is even if it is just for this one match or until that excuse for a CEO resigns.

Some 14,000 people signed a petition to see them back and hopefully that drop in level of support for the next may be enough to see further change at the top.

My fear though is that by next weekend most will have forgotten and will be back in big enough numbers to send the message that there are only a few hundred rebels and which UR believe they can replace or see return. Indeed I have spoken to 6 people all season ticket holders all supportive of having them back yet today after this announcement they are now 100% behind what the IRFU have done..

EMPTY STADIUM is the only answer but unfortunately that won't happen...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

further...

throwing shirts or season tickets onto the pitch is a non event which will received not a jot of coverage... the only way is to let then see what 300 supporters inside Ravenhill looks like and for that to be show on national TV for a whole 80 mins with silence and empty space for the world to see..

won't happen because UR have formed an opinion that they can ride this out easily..
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Blackskulllad wrote:For some reason I haven't been able to load the site all day.

People are talking about walking in late or walking out.

The only answer is to stay away. If you use your ticket that will be counted towards the attendance.

Think of the turnstiles as a picket line. Do not cross them, stand outside for ten minutes then go home.
picket line and a demo where the Feminists were. Get someone to bring a couple of Lambegs, a few banners and lots of noise. Get it out on bakebook or newspapers
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

big mervyn wrote:If you're going to throw anything onto the pitch, shirts (Ulster and/0r Ireland) would make a strong and very visible point. I have a clatter that I'm unlikely to wear again.
I have been thinking of chucking my Ireland top on to the pitch.

Even if season tickets holders don't turn up it'll still get counted in attendance and we've already paid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote: EMPTY STADIUM is the only answer but unfortunately that won't happen...
Correct, it'll not happen.

This decision was taken by head office. They may have come to Belfast for the meeting, but this was an IRFU decision and UR did what they were told.
Let's start by blaming those who were actually responsible.
We all know you like to blame Logan for everything, but Logan is just a useful idiot, a Dublin stooge. This wasn't his decision Logan was just informed of the official line and told to agree with it.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

I have not been back since Ruan Pienaar was treated like a dog by the IRFU and offered no succour by Spineless Logan and co . Some on this board chided me a little and some friends tried to persuade me to go back. I will go back this Saturday to picket the gates. If the lads have signed for different clubs fair enough but sometimes you have to make a point. I wish you well In your protest in whatever form it takes.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Deraless wrote:
big mervyn wrote:If you're going to throw anything onto the pitch, shirts (Ulster and/0r Ireland) would make a strong and very visible point. I have a clatter that I'm unlikely to wear again.
I have been thinking of chucking my Ireland top on to the pitch.

Even if season tickets holders don't turn up it'll still get counted in attendance and we've already paid.

Yes of curse they will have the money but the signal that 14,000 empty spaces will send them will be a strong message.. protest and the 12 people along side you will look foolish and send a message that it is only the few die-hards..

I would like to see the URSC ask fans to stay away but as I have said none of this is going to happen and this time next year they wouldn't even remember Pete Jackson..
Leonidas
Novice

Post by Leonidas »

I’ve already emailed the IRFU to indicate my extreme displeasure, a small gesture in itself but at least if enough people email it will be a pain in the ar$e for someone in the IRFU to sift through them all and might make them think about the potentially irreversible ramifications of their course of action (if indeed they care) ># ># >#

Ps I agree that BOI share a large part of the blame for this and it would be good to demonstrate this to them
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Leonidas wrote:I’ve already emailed the IRFU to indicate my extreme displeasure, a small gesture in itself but at least if enough people email it will be a pain in the ar$e for someone in the IRFU to sift through them all and might make them think about the potentially irreversible ramifications of their course of action (if indeed they care) ># ># >#

Ps I agree that BOI share a large part of the blame for this and it would be good to demonstrate this to them
why not Vodafone and bear in mind baggy has already alluded they they were worse than BoI..
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

The pain and anguish on here is extraordinary. I can very well see where people are coming from when they say they are finished, done etc. I have been thinking about this all day -what to do or say. Presently my view is simple. This is my club, my team, my family. I have invested in it, supported loyally and spent thousands in that pursuit. Can I walk away. feck NO. I'll be damned if I am going to let anyone destroy the proud heritage of Ulster rugby. Whatever it takes I'm up for it. Protests, letters, emails even fecking twitter.
As for Shane Logan, forget the IRFU briefing mate. All of this tom kite happened on your watch - go now you buffoon.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Leonidas
Novice

Post by Leonidas »

Cockatrice I am particularly drunk at BOI because these bar-steward bankers went public and gave the IRFU an excuse to hide behind, it wouldn’t surprise me if the IRFU asked them to go public.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Unfortunately I don't have a BoI account or a Vodafone contract I can cancel. Any other way I can shove it up them?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

We can't do much here on the island, but we are supplied mobile/broadband by VF and I'll be cancelling that at some expense this week; Friday will of course protest as he'll be unable to watch Masterchef until I arrange an alternative.

If I was there , I'd be there on Saturday but only to protest whatever form that may take. If anyone wishes I would be happy to pass your protest ideas on to URSC on FB as I'm not yet banned from there.