Boycott the Glasgow game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Gary »

There will be no boycott. That sound you hear is the bleating of the sheep returning to their pen. The IRFU knew exactly what would happen. They can do what they like in the future knowing the fury will last 4 days. I'm going on Saturday as It'll not cost me anything and then that's it.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Unfortunately when this game was rearranged, I knew I couldn't go due to a prior arrangement and offered my ticket to a friend who is looking to buy two more and take her daughters.

If she has not bought those tickets, I will try to persuade her not to, and I will hold onto mine and not attend.If she has already bought the tickets (which I think she was doing before this broke) I will feel honour bound to give her the ticket as promised.

I will not be going Munster game, nor will I be renewing my season ticket.

I said my farewell on Friday night to some good friends I have made over the years at Ravenhill. and will workout other means to meet up and keep in touch.

After nearly 50 years of attending Ravenhill, this is just so sad. The players and many of the staff have my respect and admiration and are still worthy of support, but the club and the "product" at Ravenhill are far removed from the provincial rugby I learned to love all those decades ago.
Great post Cap'n. :salut: :red:
Col TerrySlogan GC DSO
Novice

Post by Col TerrySlogan GC DSO »

Dear Supporter

I must address some of the comments that are being directed towards myself and my staff. I have worked tirelessly for the past eight years steering the club towards World Domination. In truth I may have aimed too high but don't expect an apology because as a leader of men unlike most of you I know what it takes to lea from the front.

For the record I have sat back and witnessed false allegations against myself but for the record yes I did land at Goose Green and yes I did lead Royal Marines in battle.

However the matter at hand is Ulster Rugby and how I can led them forward to a positive place with your help. I will do it with or without you and over the past years I have frequently met with and listened to the concerns of all supporters so I know what you want. I have built the rugby playing base here from a few thousand to over 35,000 and it is still rising so I ask you to support the team and get behind me and my men as we strive to finish this season on a high. What happened is now in the past and we must stand together as Ulstermen. I will not leave a sinking ship not that we are.

Serve to Lead
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I agree with Justin
A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.
Doing something will be noteworthy and reported in the press.
1000 not turning up will be exactly what Justin says.... nothing. Logan and the IRFU say look, no protest.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Col TerrySlogan GC DSO wrote:Dear Supporter

I must address some of the comments that are being directed towards myself and my staff. I have worked tirelessly for the past eight years steering the club towards World Domination. In truth I may have aimed too high but don't expect an apology because as a leader of men unlike most of you I know what it takes to lea from the front.

For the record I have sat back and witnessed false allegations against myself but for the record yes I did land at Goose Green and yes I did lead Royal Marines in battle.

However the matter at hand is Ulster Rugby and how I can led them forward to a positive place with your help. I will do it with or without you and over the past years I have frequently met with and listened to the concerns of all supporters so I know what you want. I have built the rugby playing base here from a few thousand to over 35,000 and it is still rising so I ask you to support the team and get behind me and my men as we strive to finish this season on a high. What happened is now in the past and we must stand together as Ulstermen. I will not leave a sinking ship not that we are.

Serve to Lead
Scarily believable

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gazpacho
Novice

Post by Gazpacho »

What a bunch of morons! Talk about shooting your self in the foot. You do realise that if we win on Saturday we virtually guarantee a Playoff for Europe. I agree a protest is essential but not a boycott. Think of the effect on the team. Surely We can screw The FIRFU, Logan and Bank of Ireland by protests in the ground. Much more media savvy than a boycott >flog
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Snipe Watson wrote:I agree with Justin
A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.
1000 not turning up will be exactly what Justin says.... nothing. Logan and the IRFU say look, no protest.
A late turn up and some chanting is the best for those who do go. The ground needs go be empty at kick off.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote: He makes Paddy Mayne look like a lamb.. now there was a real soldier.
A drunk psycopath
with a self-destructive dislike for authority.
He'd fit right in at modern-day Ulster. At least he wouldn't have be warned away from the women.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gazpacho wrote:What a bunch of morons! Talk about shooting your self in the foot. You do realise that if we win on Saturday we virtually guarantee a Playoff for Europe. I agree a protest is essential but not a boycott. Think of the effect on the team. Surely We can screw The FIRFU, Logan and Bank of Ireland by protests in the ground. Much more media savvy than a boycott >flog
Dont give a feck about europe
Sure we'll do feck all without a 10 anyway

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jean valjean wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I agree with Justin

A late turn up and some chanting is the best for those who do go. The ground needs go be empty at kick off.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
I'm not going to be in any rush.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A mass protest in the car park or outside the ground. It will make the news.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gazpacho wrote:You do realise that if we win on Saturday we virtually guarantee a Playoff for Europe.
No, it hadn't occurred to me.

And that would be a good thing, or not?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

222toHounslow wrote:Can’t go, ticket went on the fire on Friday night.

I think the option open to us is to simply not go.

That's the way 222 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salut: :salut: :salut:

BUMBLING SMUG GALOOT: OUT TAE F@CK AND GET DOWN THE RAVENHILL ROAD LIKE A LILTY
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: He makes Paddy Mayne look like a lamb.. now there was a real soldier.
A drunk psycopath
with a self-destructive dislike for authority.
He'd fit right in at modern-day Ulster. At least he wouldn't have be warned away from the women.
he had many faults but would love to have been a fly on the wall if those two military men ever had got together.There would of course been only one winner..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Snipe Watson wrote:A mass protest in the car park or outside the ground. It will make the news.
but that’s not going to happen is it? That needs to be orchestrated, and I think this whole episode has shown that with no disrespect to ourselves, we don’t have a baldy how to go about it..
..one more thing