Boycott the Glasgow game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A mass protest in the car park or outside the ground. It will make the news.
but that’s not going to happen is it? That needs to be orchestrated, and I think this whole episode has shown that with no disrespect to ourselves, we don’t have a baldy how to go about it..
Correct. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have duck taped over the B of I logo on the back of my shirt. :thumleft:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Columbo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A mass protest in the car park or outside the ground. It will make the news.
but that’s not going to happen is it? That needs to be orchestrated, and I think this whole episode has shown that with no disrespect to ourselves, we don’t have a baldy how to go about it..
I agree we don't as it is not the Ulster Way yet if the URSC survey comes down for a protest they will be forced to take a lead.. I would volunteer but I won't be there for love nor money.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Columbo wrote:
Exactly, many different views as well. A boycott is the simplest thing for many of us, means your face isn't plastered over Twitter either as a rapist by the lunatics. If you want to protest in your own way then fair play but please, don't make your way to the Terrace or stand until a few mins after KO. The Ospreys game was pretty empty, even 2 thousands less punters would make that big white lump look quite Murrayfield like.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

justinr73 wrote:
twiglet wrote:It has to be a boycott.
That'd be great if nobody turned up but it ain't going to happen.

A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.

How do you come to a figure of 1,000? Could be 5k or 6k? Could be 500 only? I know there's a lot of people out there not happy at all with the way the boys were shafted and I'm hoping they vote with their feet to show UR what a pile of crud "product" theey've become. I'm not talking about on the pitch either.

LOGAN THE ARSEFOON OUT!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Any post Ulster put up on Twatter is followed by derision rather than #SUFTUM

There are more than us hardcore lot who are drunk.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Cockatrice wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Friend of mine works for an accountancy firm, they're trying to give them away free in batches of 4!
they are firing tickets out to anyone that will take them...
i'd take them, say thank you very much, then make a video of me burning them, get it up on bakebook and show the way. That way, at least, i'd know there'd be 4 less going. :red:

If you have to go to the match, please take a message of protest. I would also be delighted to hear, "Logie, Logie, Logie, OUT OUT OUT!! at regular intervals over the airwaves with Gusher.

IF YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH OF BAWLBEGS SHOUT LOGAN OUT
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I'm assuming there will be an URSC orchestrated protest which might be worth uniting behind. Might be details tomorrow. Have to wait and see. Better to be something with numbers than everyone going off half cocked.

The media need to be told before hand so they can be there. Say what you like about BFN (provided it doesn't promote RAPE CULTURE (it has to be capitalised I think)) but at least they managed to scramble more cameramen than protesters.

Anyone considering sneaking flegs in, be aware that the Supreme Magnificence will have his Stasi out and about. They were making children unfurl those wee shìte free flags last week for goodness sake. So he was expecting it. Any banners etc you'd need to be secreting up the old beige daisy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Gary wrote:There will be no boycott. That sound you hear is the bleating of the sheep returning to their pen. The IRFU knew exactly what would happen. They can do what they like in the future knowing the fury will last 4 days. I'm going on Saturday as It'll not cost me anything and then that's it.

Can't agree with your sentiment Gary. I don't know how anybody could go in to that place and not think of the way Ruan was shafted then not think of the way the lads were shafted. Pints of stout wouldn't go down well. It would be like betraying a good friend.

LOGAN PETE GRIFFIN IN DISGUISE OUT OUT OUT
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Gazpacho wrote:What a bunch of morons! Talk about shooting your self in the foot. You do realise that if we win on Saturday we virtually guarantee a Playoff for Europe. I agree a protest is essential but not a boycott. Think of the effect on the team. Surely We can screw The FIRFU, Logan and Bank of Ireland by protests in the ground. Much more media savvy than a boycott >flog
Gazzy,

I couldn't give a f@ck about play off places. I couldn't give a f@ck about the rugby either. What you'll see on Saturday night, i would argue, will more than likely not be rugby. It'll be a pale shadow of an anaemic team that has had the stuffing kicked out of it all season. They might give a plucky performance but we're cooked. Glasgae will probably show the way.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:I agree with Justin
A 1000 less on the gate won't be noticed and, even if it is, it looks more like apathy than anything else.

A full house chanting "We want Logan out" for 80 minutes would be much better, plus a pile of unwanted Ireland shirts outside the office door.
Doing something will be noteworthy and reported in the press.
1000 not turning up will be exactly what Justin says.... nothing. Logan and the IRFU say look, no protest.
I'd like to see a couple of hundred at the game, every one of them with their aul bedsheet out and proud with "LOGAN OUT" or "IRFU DISGRACE" or some other apt ditty written on it. Now, that would send a message.....
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: He makes Paddy Mayne look like a lamb.. now there was a real soldier.
A drunk psycopath
with a self-destructive dislike for authority.
He'd fit right in at modern-day Ulster. At least he wouldn't have be warned away from the women.
Like most men, Blair Mayne was a complicated soul with a multi faceted complicated personality. You forgot to mention he had the heart of a lion and showed the kind of loyalty and care towards his men that only true leaders show, unlike the clampit we have at UR. DSO with 3 bars is all that needs to be said, a real soldier and warrior.

PEETAH GRIFFIN OUT
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: He makes Paddy Mayne look like a lamb.. now there was a real soldier.
A drunk psycopath
He'd fit right in at modern-day Ulster. At least he wouldn't have be warned away from the women.
Like most men, Blair Mayne was a complicated soul with a multi faceted complicated personality. You forgot to mention he had the heart of a lion and showed the kind of loyalty and care towards his men that only true leaders show, unlike the clampit we have at UR. DSO with 3 bars is all that needs to be said, a real soldier and warrior.

PEETAH GRIFFIN OUT
BR, fortunaly you would not be able to lace his boots, don’t be so fûcking disrespectful.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I shall be boycotting the game on Saturday. The only way to get the message across is to hit ulster rugby in their bank balance.
Who knows, BoI appear to run UR so perhaps they will happily make up the shortfall for the loss of ticket sales. Aye right!
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

The sad fact is that no matter what we protest about it will make not one jot of difference to either the IRFU, the Ulster Branch or Logan as he oversees the ruination of Ulster rugby.
The boys wont be back as money from sponsors now rules the game.
I will be there on Saturday to support the players who have made their feelings on the sackings clear and they should not be punished by lack of support. Also it is Tommy's last home game after years of service to rugby and as a lifelong supporter I feel I must support him. As for next year I will be still there to support the team but my support of the IRFU and the Irish team has gone for ever.
Read Richard Mulligans excellent article in the News Letter which I totally agree with.
Last edited by Cracker on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
A drunk psycopath

PEETAH GRIFFIN OUT
BR, fortunaly you would not be able to lace his boots, don’t be so fûcking disrespectful.
I'm not saying there wasn't a time for drunk psycopaths with a heart of a lion and a tendency to look after (and at the same time disconcert) his men. And I'm certain his medals were much deserved, and no doubt should have been greater were it not for the combination of his attitude to authority and theirs to his modus operandi.

Just don't think he'd be the man for the CEO job at UR now. (Of course, being tatey bread counts against him too, but only slightly compared to the incumbent)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk