Boycott the Glasgow game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Russ »

Right. Enough is enough

There are 3 things we need to do

1. Not go to Ravenhill. There is a big game at Rifle Park if you want to watch passionate rugby. Starts at 14:30. Banbridge versus Ballynahinch in the Division 1b playoff
2. If you want to watch Ulster do it on TV from your local rugby club, bar, or front room. Do not go to Ravenhill
3. If you have to go to Ravenhill (we still have some great lads to support like Best Cave and Hendo) there are some more options to decide on:
A. Do not enter the ground until after kick off
B. Enter the ground before kick off but turn your back for the first 2 minutes and do NOT sing SUFTUM when it is piped in or played over the tanoy
C. Your season ticket. Throw it on the pitch after the game or post it through the letterbox

feck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Boycott the Glasgow game

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I will not go to this game as a protest, the action of BFN are akin to the bad days that paramilitaries excited people from this country forcing men and women to leave their jobs and families, KELLIE TURTLE a I hope you are happy today that you have ruined families lives. You have taken sons , and brothers away from their mothers and sisters, and you claim you represent women , no you don’t,, you repres3nt what ever protest comes next, something sad must have happened in your life, I feel sorry for the influence your bitterness will bring on to others around you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:I will not go to this game as a protest, the action of BFN are akin to the bad days that paramilitaries excited people from this country forcing men and women to leave their jobs and families, KELLIE TURTLE a I hope you are happy today that you have ruined families lives. You have taken sons , and brothers away from their mothers and sisters, and you claim you represent women , no you don’t,, you repres3nt what ever protest comes next, something sad must have happened in your life, I feel sorry for the influence your bitterness will bring on to others around you.
Let's be quite clear here. Given alleged the connections to the alleged victim I doubt these fellas wouldn't have been run out by the paras

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Agree. Either boycott the game completely or arrive after kick off. Logan/ tv and the FIRFU will be desperate to see the fans reaction. The only way to make a point is to have empty terraces and stands at the start of the game. Once the match starts cameras will focus on the pitch and any gesture after that will be lost.
Walkouts/ throwing season tickets will not garner enough numbers to be seen. It needs to be simple and clear.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

I will not be going as I will not give IRFU any revenue ever again. Is it true that Ulster committee voted 10-2 in favour of the two guys staying but IRFU had final say?

Yesterday afternoon I threw a bin bag full of my entire collection of Ulster shirts, t shirts, beanie,
warm/waterproof Ulster gear and a UR rucksack over the gate at Mount Merrion end. If there was an Eventsec operative sleeping in his chair on the other side I hope it didn't land on his head and break his neck.

I will decide over the summer if I will ever return to Ravenhill but I'm so angry at the treatment of Jackson and Olding and BOI's double standards when 2 other elite players whom we cannot name publicly did something si ilar and one ofthem is now a brand ambassador.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Not going and I don’t care about the result, won’t be renewing either. If you are renewing at least boycott this game.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

#justdontgo , it’s that simple, watch the game on tele, cut the grass whatever but just don’t go, even if you have your ticket , don’t go. Let the IRFU see the cash cow up north is dwindling .

The fans in gate Money alone bring around £6-7M yearly , not including what fans travelling to Dublin

If that drops by half Then they might get the message .
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Unfortunately when this game was rearranged, I knew I couldn't go due to a prior arrangement and offered my ticket to a friend who is looking to buy two more and take her daughters.

If she has not bought those tickets, I will try to persuade her not to, and I will hold onto mine and not attend.If she has already bought the tickets (which I think she was doing before this broke) I will feel honour bound to give her the ticket as promised.

I will not be going Munster game, nor will I be renewing my season ticket.

I said my farewell on Friday night to some good friends I have made over the years at Ravenhill. and will workout other means to meet up and keep in touch.

After nearly 50 years of attending Ravenhill, this is just so sad. The players and many of the staff have my respect and admiration and are still worthy of support, but the club and the "product" at Ravenhill are far removed from the provincial rugby I learned to love all those decades ago.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Nahin will happen unless everyone agrees one way forward. Why doesn’t someone with a bit more know how than me set up a poll of options. All vote and all stick to the outcome.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Topsy, NO stop being so NAmby pamby, no vote stick to one plan no discussion, JUST DONT GO, that’s the simple and best message
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A pile of discarded Ireland shirts somewhere prominent in the grounds
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

TopPoster wrote:Nahin will happen unless everyone agrees one way forward. Why doesn’t someone with a bit more know how than me set up a poll of options. All vote and all stick to the outcome.

We need a born leader a leader of men.. hold on we have one.

Anyhow lets be clear here protest will not work because it will amount to 40 middle aged men, attract little or no news coverage and confirm UR's belief that they have this managed.

The only thing these people understand hence the impact of sponsors is the money and in the scheme of things a few thousand don't count. What can however count are totally empty terraces next week in an end of season game against Glasgow with vendors getting no sales.

Any protest during the game will unlikely make TV coverage just watch the last game on playback and see how the cameras work and what they show and when....

One thing and one thing only will send the right message not only to UR but beyond and it will be silent and respectful because empty terraces and seats will speak..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:
TopPoster wrote:Nahin will happen unless everyone agrees one way forward. Why doesn’t someone with a bit more know how than me set up a poll of options. All vote and all stick to the outcome.

We need a born leader a leader of men.. hold on we have one.

Anyhow lets be clear here protest will not work because it will amount to 40 middle aged men, attract little or no news coverage and confirm UR's belief that they have this managed.

The only thing these people understand hence the impact of sponsors is the money and in the scheme of things a few thousand don't count. What can however count are totally empty terraces next week in an end of season game against Glasgow with vendors getting no sales.

Any protest during the game will unlikely make TV coverage just watch the last game on playback and see how the cameras work and what they show and when....

One thing and one thing only will send the right message not only to UR but beyond and it will be silent and respectful because empty terraces and seats will speak..

Correct. That will be the most effective protest. Logan and sponsors will not like seeing a paltry crowd there.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We either JUST DON’T GO, or we turn up and protest OUTSIDE the Entrances.

Going in after kick-off is still going in. Not an option for me.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
useless mess
Novice

Post by useless mess »

It has to be a boycott. All this talk of dance in backwards or put sequins over the BoI logo or whatever is nonsense.

Those lads didn't grow up wanting to be employed by Ulster Rugby Inc. They grew up wanting to play for Ulster, a team that represented a community and was more than a brand. The enduring love we've all had for the team is surely rooted in the fact that the game is more than just a product to us.

People have made the calculation that our love of the game and desire to support the remaining players will drive us through those gates no matter what they do.

When the money men came Ruan told them no, because of loyalty. A loyalty which was never repaid, a loyalty which I doubt the financial decision makers even understand.

Now two fellas who've trained their whole lives to represent their province get exiled over unsavoury private texts.

In my opinion anyone returning to that ground is a collaborator.