LOGAN OUT PETITION

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: LOGAN OUT PETITION

Post by BR »

Or Hugh McCaughey?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Fair call BR. Is he still a civil servant?

Shane is really going to get shown up here. Will show just how bad he is.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gary wrote:Kofi, I've been taking a bottle of bubbly in and out of the fridge for a week or more. Are you feckin' certain this time?
Gary ... drink it then buy another one it will be worth it... I have a bottle of Buckie chilling... the problem still remains the cabal that are now trying to save themselves from the cull..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Or Hugh McCaughey?
McCaughey would be a decent choice actually, feck any man who is attempting to run a division of the health service on a shoestring budget and lack of sufficient staff due to no one having the foresight to train them years ago is well used to pressure situations, ok the NHS has it fair share of useless managers but Hugh is not one of the tossers.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Guys, the guys you mention are probably the likeliest but my concern about them is, having had successful careers elsewhere is there hunger there to need to succeed.

As I've said before, my ideal candidate is a man who needs to make a living from this, not a guy with a hobby job in retirement. That may well underestimate guys, but it's the reason that I'd happily see Bryn at the helm and if they are interested, having people like Gordy Hamilton & Hugh McCaughey available to support or even mentor, probably neither of them "need" the job.

Ach, but waddyeyeno?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Guys, the guys you mention are probably the likeliest but my concern about them is, having had successful careers elsewhere is there hunger there to need to succeed.

As I've said before, my ideal candidate is a man who needs to make a living from this, not a guy with a hobby job in retirement. That may well underestimate guys, but it's the reason that I'd happily see Bryn at the helm and if they are interested, having people like Gordy Hamilton & Hugh McCaughey available to support or even mentor, probably neither of them "need" the job.

Ach, but waddyeyeno?
These 'hobby' jobs in retirement are usually part time non exec roles and of course we'd all like to see a professional non exec board overseeing the pro gamebut is that too much to ask?

If one of the above mentioned were interested in a CEO role I would take enough from their own desires not to jeopardise their hard earned reputations

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Guys, the guys you mention are probably the likeliest but my concern about them is, having had successful careers elsewhere is there hunger there to need to succeed.

Ach, but waddyeyeno?
Baggy,

I think there is room for a CEO with commercial or public service as their main selling point and having Bryn there as his/her right hand man with all things rugby business related. All the same, my ideal candidate would be a rugby person with high level playing experience who doesn't have an ego the size of Antarctica, is there for the right reasons, i.e. to take UR forward, build from the ground up and make us a sensible, rugby centred team/organisation that do their best to nurture local talent. Avoid Daves from F@ck knows where, who don't end up playing/contributing, avoid brass f@cking bands, avoid cheer leaders, avoid cultures that make players think like their the biggest swinging d1cks in Belfast, avoid sponsorships of everything you can think of, Take it back to basics, That's what i want. Good honest rugby, played in an no quarter given kind of way. Oh yes, AND A F@CKING CEO WHO DOESN'T F@CKING LIE HIS LIFE AWAY.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Day 54 of the Logan Out Petition Thread

Has he gone yet?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

>yahoo
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Ethel wrote:>yahoo
have you heard something ethel?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
have you heard something ethel?
Novochuck in his tea ?
The proper Russian stuff not that cheap fake stuff used in England
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I don't know the specific guys mentioned, but IMO the absolute last thing we want is someone from the Civil Service. I've had the misfortune to spend some time in certain parts of the NICS and what I encountered was wall-to-wall avoidance of responsibility, ass-covering, failure to challenge bad decisions or ask questions - from bottom to top... (sound familiar?) The RHI tribunal is doing a great service by bringing a lot of this stuff to light.

In my experience, to the extent there are switched on people in the CS, they are basically switched off, and unabashedly there for the easy life.

So I think to get someone from the CS you'd risk either getting Shane Logan the second, or someone who wants an easy time of it
..one more thing
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

ColinM wrote:These 'hobby' jobs in retirement are usually part time non exec roles and of course we'd all like to see a professional non exec board overseeing the pro gamebut is that too much to ask?

If one of the above mentioned were interested in a CEO role I would take enough from their own desires not to jeopardise their hard earned reputations

The NED point is interesting - firstly its a reminder that actually Ulster is a branch not a subsidiary, and so doesn't have its own directors, or a board. Which has a bearing on the 'CEO' role, because really it's not a CEO role - it's effectively an Ops Director role (overseeing local finance, marketing, operations teams, and reporting to the board in Dublin), with a requirement for the job holder to be media-savvy given the disproportionately high profile nature of the business.

NEDs can be really beneficial for a business though, and I actually think it would be a really good idea to try to incorporate them somehow in the branch governance structure - the success or otherwise always depends on getting the right candidates, but some wily, tough local business people, perhaps retired or sold their business, in at Ulster 'board' meetings once or twice a month to challenge / advise the CEO..
..one more thing
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Come on Ethel - spill the beans!!!

I need something to celebrate this weekend >burp :stout:
Finished
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Columbo wrote:
ColinM wrote:These 'hobby' jobs in retirement are usually part time non exec roles and of course we'd all like to see a professional non exec board overseeing the pro gamebut is that too much to ask?

The NED point is interesting - firstly its a reminder that actually Ulster is a branch not a subsidiary, and so doesn't have its own directors, or a board. Which has a bearing on the 'CEO' role, because really it's not a CEO role - it's effectively an Ops Director role (overseeing local finance, marketing, operations teams, and reporting to the board in Dublin), with a requirement for the job holder to be media-savvy given the disproportionately high profile nature of the business.

NEDs can be really beneficial for a business though, and I actually think it would be a really good idea to try to incorporate them somehow in the branch governance structure - the success or otherwise always depends on getting the right candidates, but some wily, tough local business people, perhaps retired or sold their business, in at Ulster 'board' meetings once or twice a month to challenge / advise the CEO..
Columbo.... those people have been around for a while currently Tetterington and previously others like Hamilton, Dobbin and others beside.. in fact a lot of the so call better business has been down to some of these others .... take the stadium rebuild the current dickbrian who claims it all down to him was little more than NIHE tenant who sat back and let the project develop around him.. it shouldn’t go unnoticed who the Chair of the SIB was when they drove the project.. and who later became Chair of the PMC and who got out when he seen what was coming..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU