URSC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Roll away 5
Novice

Re: URSC

Post by Roll away 5 »

Everything you buy at Ravenhill and every time you go, remember you are helping put pennies into Logans pocket. Enough for me to say no.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Not surprised at result but they might as well save on the stamp as no letter will do any good... Logan will be laughing his balls off that in less than one week they had ridden out th storm.. from here on in it will the few lunitics slabbering and no one will listen.. Logan is safe for life .
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

URSC

Post by rumncoke »

The fact is the URSC like every other supporter faced fait accompli because of this many may consider that they have no effective course of action.

personally from the players point of view given the militant misandry that they would facing weekly playing for Ulster I doubt they would relish the prospect of living in Belfast and playing Ulster .

I doubt Contrary to popular belief The harassing hordes would let the matter rest .

Basically those shouting loudest have no interest in justice or truth ,only wanting to exercise their own hatred of the men .They have a warped appreciation of life ,ie every difficulty they face is because they are woman and men don't face the same problems and violence is only directed at woman .

The fact is violence could be experience more frequently by men expect at a young age most men learn when and where to shut up.

Another fact not acknowledge by the militant female is that 50 % of all internet misogyny is by woman . Woman dress up and wear make up not to attract a male but to demean other women.

But what sticks in the throat of most is the fact that those at Ulster Rugby who should have acknowledged the players innocence and supported them after the trial and recognised that the players had been subjected to a personality smear during the trial sat back and then washed their hands in public like a latter day Pilate and then allowed the mob to hang them on the Cross of Twitter

Not one of the quoted messages had any relevance to the question of consent .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

For the love of Chris Akabusi read your posts before you submit them.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He can't read
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well guys, god bless the URSC, they have done their best, made the general feelings known, have been totally transparent unlike many or any other parties involved.

They cannot compel people to vote, this is not Australia. They also need to have a decent relationship with UR as do UR with URSC, they cannot say the obvious - Ulster Rugby you have sold us out and treated the players abysmally whilst completely ignoring the fans.

I think throwing insults at the URSC is counterproductive, they have a fine line to walk so that they can be a realistic conduit between the club, and more specifically between players and the supporters. What they do is voluntary and they give their time & effort for little or no return, above all they do it because they love the Ulster rugby team, those who represent us on the pitch, not Logan or anyone else you want to bite a chunk off.

Without them facilitating those who are into meeting and hearing from the players and occasionally coaches, none of this would happen, assuredly Logan would be as bemused by such events as he was when I asked him why Ulster had no entertainment on big days as most clubs would do.

They are a very soft target, I'd ask people to give them a fair crack of the whip, not a needless whipping. Whilst I am spouting I may as well thank Jonathan, who is as sound as her Madge's pound, and the rest of the volunteers especially my chum Grumpy for the pleasure I have had thanks to their efforts.

Please direct your anger where it is deserved, I'm as happy as anyone to release the dogs of war on a suitable target, these guys are not that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

tender point accepted and a few amendments made

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Well said Baggy. The URSC has to work with one hand tied behind the back. Jeez I know that better than most. But the fact that the fans don't have some unifying, independent voice, means that an opportunity has been missed. The IRFU is now in firmer control than ever. It took just about 4 days to ride out the storm and complete a resounding victory over the fans, whose only importance is to be there and encourage the team. Oh, and keep handing over lots of money. I have spoken to just one player...he would have had no problems with a boycott.

Anyway, I'll be there on Saturday so hope to get the chance to say farewell to you and wish you all the best in Spain. Hopefully this time next year I'll be away too!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gary wrote:When I'm watching the games on tv next season, if I can be bothered, I will be amazed if the fans start singing "Stand Up for the Ulstermen". Would be rather hypocritical of them.
Will you be subscribing?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I am a URSC member. I did not vote. I will be acting as my own conscience dictates on Saturday. I do not expect the URSC or anyone else to follow my lead.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jonathan Bill represented the URSC very well on the media and I very much appreciated the opportunity to influence the feedback. I think the "fine line" that existed has been well and truly trampled on and erased. I would very much like the URSC to canvass support for a formal letter calling for Logan's resignation.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Which he will formally refuse to do.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I respect the URSC position, but this part of their statement is cobblers.
"Protest would also likely adversely affect the remaining playing squad for the last crucial matches of the season and would be disrespectful to players like Tommy Bowe making their final home appearance."

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The Ulster Supporters of London (USoL) fully endorses a boycott of the following:

1. Ravenhill
2. All UR branded products
3. All UR sponsors
4. All vendors within grounds of Ravenhill Park
5. All matches at the Aviva stadium under the guise of the IRFU

Our demands are:

1. Logan out
2. PJ and SO to be given new playing contracts for Ulster
3. Joey Carberry to never play 10 for Ireland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Roll away 5 wrote:Everything you buy at Ravenhill and every time you go, remember you are helping put pennies into Logans pocket. Enough for me to say no.
Indeed.

Stop thinking of yourself as a supporter, there to be milked - start thinking of yourself as a paying customer, who has a right to something of value in return for his (or her) spend.

At the end of the day, the pound in your pocket is the only leverage you have. The question is if/how that can be used collectively to make a point - not just about recent events, but about the general deterioration of the product Ulster Rugby is selling.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”