URSC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URSC

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:Well said Baggy. The URSC has to work with one hand tied behind the back. Jeez I know that better than most. But the fact that the fans don't have some unifying, independent voice, means that an opportunity has been missed. The IRFU is now in firmer control than ever. It took just about 4 days to ride out the storm and complete a resounding victory over the fans, whose only importance is to be there and encourage the team. Oh, and keep handing over lots of money. I have spoken to just one player...he would have had no problems with a boycott.

Anyway, I'll be there on Saturday so hope to get the chance to say farewell to you and wish you all the best in Spain. Hopefully this time next year I'll be away too!
Cheers Gary, I will not be willingly handing any money over in the bar, I'm a freeloader >EW , we will be at MRFC beforehand. Doubtless, we'll be in the bar for a chat so hope to see you there. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:I respect the URSC position, but this part of their statement is cobblers.
"Protest would also likely adversely affect the remaining playing squad for the last crucial matches of the season and would be disrespectful to players like Tommy Bowe making their final home appearance."

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Not so sure Snipe, Rory wants the fans and team to remain united, he is to be trusted and according to reports is greatly unhappy with proceedings. So unlike earlier in the week, I am going to give the players my usual support and protest in my own way as well.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:I respect the URSC position, but this part of their statement is cobblers.
"Protest would also likely adversely affect the remaining playing squad for the last crucial matches of the season and would be disrespectful to players like Tommy Bowe making their final home appearance."

I was just about to post the same thing. It's fair enough for them to not officially back a protest but to be critical of anyone who might is bad form.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I have written to Tommy to wish him the best and explain my reasons for not attending

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
RugbyRegent
Novice

Post by RugbyRegent »

Had the membership voted to do so I’m sure they would....
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Russ wrote:I have written to Tommy to wish him the best and explain my reasons for not attending

Cos you live in Lahndan?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:
Russ wrote:I have written to Tommy to wish him the best and explain my reasons for not attending

Cos you live in Lahndan?
This was not the reason cited

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Not so sure Snipe, Rory wants the fans and team to remain united, he is to be trusted and according to reports is greatly unhappy with proceedings. So unlike earlier in the week, I am going to give the players my usual support and protest in my own way as well.
Yes, I take that point, but don't see how a protest in the car park or outside the ground will impact the players. As heavily invested punters, through thick and thin, we have earned the right.

I have also wound my neck in since the weekend. Apparently I was quite rude and irritable :shock:.
Since my rage has subsided and been replaced with a more focused hostility and having heard certain other viewpoints. I'll be there on Saturday and whatever protest takes place, I will be in the middle of. I will also be expressing my thoughts on the IRFU and B of I.
Have I mentioned that I despise the hostile occupying force known as the IRFU?
Gazpacho
Novice

Post by Gazpacho »

Tender, you are an idiot! I fully support protest, Logan out etc but get a grip. Boycotting is a cowardly way out, what good is that going to do except affect the rest of the players. Protesting in the ground - banners etc for the TV and suchlike- is more media savvy. >flog
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Oh great. I look forward to seeing hundreds of banners etc (whatever etc refers to) and a massive protest inside Logan’s Stadium. It’ll be brill. I’m sure there are workshops springing into action right now and there won’t be a bed with a sheet on it come Saturday. B&Q will run out of paint and 2inch PAR. Hundreds will order megaphone’s from Amazon and the chanting will be deafening, just as it was when Ruan got shafted.
FFS catch yerself on. The URSC’s response is about as revolutionary as we get. A strongly worded letter.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The responses showed the old bell shaped curve but at least it was skewed towards D and E.

Typical Norn Irn, except when it comes to politics.

Can't blame URSC, I'm just annoyed more people aren't concerned about the way things are going under he who shall not be named.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BFNImage

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:BFNImage

LMAO
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I noticed a headline saying Ulster meeting with Woman's Aid. FFS we don't have a misogyny problem!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:BFNImage

Aye but who wrote the comment ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best