Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Will you be going to Ulster v Glasgow Sat 21st @ Ravenhill

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 am

Yes, wild horses wouldn't drag me away
25%
No way. UR has been run into the ground and I just can;t do it.
75%

Total votes: 76

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Post by Deraless »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:
Our one and only protest was an empty stadium tonight. I repeat, one and only.
How'd that work out for you?
Oh so Smarmy. I saw Peter Jackson standing there proudly, now there’s a man of principle
+1
He knows what's right and has nothing to be ashamed of now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I wonder if PJ and SO are prohibited from attending Logan's Stadium? They are both Ulster supporters. I imagine even mild mannered lemmings might raise a chant if either of them showed up to a game and I don't think eventsec could do a thing about it.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tender wrote:I did not mention Ulster shirts.
It's not all about you Tender.

I think the phrase you were looking for is confirmation bias, or maybe cognitive bias.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

No, I've found it ...it's Kunt. Stephen Nolan wannabe Kunt. Yep, that's it.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

There were many empty seats around me. Friday night matches there are usually none.
There were less people wearing Ulster gear for whatever reason.

I also heard that the "review" didn't exist. They were given Sophie's choice and told to feck off. And now look, there's a wee spot free for Ulster to develop some Mexican twunt for the IRFU. Tell them to bugger off, we're sticking with McPhillips and Curtis.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:Going with my big son to back the lads on the pitch. Sick and tired of the crap appearing on social media from the get go. Everyone playing the blame game when in reality the blame sits squarely with social media and its use by all concerned. I care more about my own family and keeping my own two adult children on the straight and narrow and so far so good. This whole affair involved a young girl my daughters age and lads my sons age and that's why I find it all so sad. The lads were found innocent by a judge of their peers but the complainant was a 19 year old girl and that does not sit well with me regardless of the outcome. Social media (whattsapp) and the vivid reliving of an unfortunate set of circumstances in the public eye sealed the fate of two great young talents but in 2018 it serves as a cautionary tale to all young people. Bottom line-no amount of protest in whatever guise will make any impact on Ulster rugby. Glasgow is a must win and I will be on the West terrace standing up for the Ulster men on the pitch who deserve the accolades... Thank you beagle and Tommy Bowe.
She willingly engaged in group sex, not my findings , the courts, if you uncomfortable with it go preach to her, two adult children ? Jeez at 18 I took the queens shilling , my dad did not go with me.
Let's not make sihte up!

The court did not find that. That is simply your interpretation of the court's findings.
BR, the jury went with the account of the defence, that she willingly engaged in group sex, sorry if your liberal view does not see it that way.
Kofi - we only know 6 things the jury decided. They individually may well have thought that she willingly engaged in group sex, but that is not what they were asked to determine as a jury, so we should never know.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Attendance looked down on the normal numbers but given it was down to be the last game for Bowe and wee pee , plus there are those who support the players but it doesn’t mean there is support for Logan .

No body goes to support Logan never did and never will
What will move Logan is his failure to command respect of the players and committee members — if he can’t put the case to keep players and smirk at their dismissal I can’t see to many club men giving him
A vote of confidence — the average punter though the gate has nothing to offer in the sway of his employment .

What will keep the numbers through gate in the mid teens is success and the Irish Rugby team needs four strong Provinces not one or two .

International success requires strength in depth .

Which is why I see Paddy’s revocation to be a form of suicide because the options to Sexton are at best below average Pro 14 Standard

Irish International success depends on two players Murray and Sexton injury to either reduces the odds of winning substantially and injury to both equates to disaster against most of the top tier sides— hard to beat but requiring luck to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I'd hazard a guess Logan sees the playing staff as canon fodder. He now has a wee arrangement with the IRFU to take Leinster cast-offs in return for meekly doing their bidding.

We have become the Arsenal of rugby. Plastic fans and content with mediocrity so long as the bank balance looks ok.

Belfastboy
Novice

Post by Belfastboy »

Sorry folks I have just been approved for submissions and had this post ready for submission so although too late here it is?

Hello to all here who lurk amongst the enlightened.

Recent events have made me feel obliged to crawl out from my hole and make comment on this issue.

I have for a very long time revered this forum with its enlightenment, sacasim , banter but above all, the love of all things Ulster or the White Knights before we became PC!

I like you have been disillusioned over these past few seasons with some of the inexplicable decisions by the management which have lead to the demise of the team we have all chosen to support over the years.

The recent decision by both the IRFU and UR off the back of sponsor pressure, to exile two native players for private immature comments, which are nothing more than male boasting, is without doubt a travesty of any right thinking Justice. Yes the 'private' comments in today's transparent, emotive and victimhood PC society were unacceptable and on balance probably deserved to be sanctioned, but exile!

I have read how some here have decided to attend on Saturday with there own plan to show their disagreement and frustration at the decision. I for one, a season ticket holder for numerous years and a long time Ravenhill attendee cannot find my reason to attend, albeit Tommy's and small Paul's farewell game. Yes the team need support, especially the new blood that's starting to shine, but if we can't show our collective and unanimous disgust and objection to this travesty of justice, by not being visible to the TV cameras and the UR board, then I believe it's pointless to speak of the subject down the road. This is the first and arguably our only opportunity to demonstrate our disgust because by the time next season comes around we will all have mellowed and the IRFU and UR CEO will have played a blinder, in their eyes of course.

Yes it's one game, the last for some senior players, and probably the last of the season but a strong message needs to be sent to the excuse of a CEO and the IRFU, and anything short of empty seats/terraces will not register with them. They can give away free corporate and unsold tickets but they can't fill empty season ticket spots! The TV will control the the onscreen images along with the audible chanting, so a lot of what may be occurring with look-a-like masks, or shirts with sponsors covered, will not be evident to the wider viewing public, what could be evident would be the vacant space and deafening silence?

I feel the official supporters club rolled over on this matter perhaps being too close and not wishing to offend, but the rest of us need at the very least display our disgust!

For those of you who see it differently and are attending remember it's the team your there for and not what is now become a shadow of UR. I feel the guys on the pitch will fully understand and see the possible absence of support for what it is, support for what they must surely want within the club, a CEO who is willing to SUFTUM!

Thank you UAFC for this opportunity and the years of enlightenment.

In addition may I take the liberty to add what has come to pass is an injustice has been permitted without a display of disapproval from right thinking supporters, regardless of wether the 'Ravenhill Two' walked a stupid path.

Having watched this game on TV through a commitment to justice, I have to inform you that all the 'look a like masks', the anti Logan chants and sponsors logos covered, did as others suggested, fail miserably to convey anything what's so ever, even the Beeb referred to a 'good attendance' even though there was clearly less seats filled!

So for what's it's worth Mr. Logan and the IRFU have succeeded, and justice failed, this was the one and only opportunity to display our collective disgust and we failed miserably. So Loganspan is safe in the hands of the IRFU and the muppets up North will continue to flash the cash for their use! :banghead:
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:There was no major stay away. If some of you want to convince themselves that the place was half empty. Believe what you want. The Terrace was packed.
There was no appetite for a vocal protest either despite attempts from who I assume was Rugoval and myself to get "IRFU shame on you" and "Logan out" going, there were no takers. Somebody on the Prom had a Logan out banner, but it seems the good people or Ulster don't give a toss.
Sorry Snipe but it was clear from tv there were plenty of empty seats, I would estimate a couple of thousand at least. They might have been able to give away tickets for terrace, but the stands showed a lot of space. Maybe the good people of Ulster do give a toss but think there is a better way of showing their disapproval? Not necessarily staying away either.
Seats in the grandstand are always vacant on a Saturday. I've always assumed that a lot of grandstand dwellers are also club people who are otherwise occupied on a Saturday. Or people with families where Saturdays are not convenient.
Fair enough, didnt think of that
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

rumncoke wrote:Attendance looked down on the normal numbers but given it was down to be the last game for Bowe and wee pee , plus there are those who support the players but it doesn’t mean there is support for Logan .

No body goes to support Logan never did and never will
What will move Logan is his failure to command respect of the players and committee members — if he can’t put the case to keep players and smirk at their dismissal I can’t see to many club men giving him
A vote of confidence — the average punter though the gate has nothing to offer in the sway of his employment .

What will keep the numbers through gate in the mid teens is success and the Irish Rugby team needs four strong Provinces not one or two .

International success requires strength in depth .

Which is why I see Paddy’s revocation to be a form of suicide because the options to Sexton are at best below average Pro 14 Standard

Irish International success depends on two players Murray and Sexton injury to either reduces the odds of winning substantially and injury to both equates to disaster against most of the top tier sides— hard to beat but requiring luck to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That bokkie with munster must be nearly ready to drink a guinness and get the passport?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Beattiespastie wrote:Could care less about the off field politics involving Logan. I do however care about the lads who pull on the Ulster Jersey and put in a performance like last nights.Its quite obvious that the VAST majority of Ulster supporters like myself pay no heed to the ramblings of a few keyboard warriors on social media calling for protests. SUFTUM. :fleg:

Logan's Loyal Lemming.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

This was half way through the first half and people still say there was a good crowd...Image

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Deraless wrote:This was half way through the first half and people still say there was a good crowd...Image

Get away up the yard Dera :lol:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Deraless wrote:This was half way through the first half and people still say there was a good crowd...Image

Get away up the yard Dera Image
ImageImageImageImage