Andrew Friend

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Andrew Friend

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:"We're not in a position to announce it just yet but it was the primary candidate so we are happy that we have got that and I know the IRFU are happy too."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43937694
"Primary target" is a bit of a nebulous term. The primary target amongst those who expressed an interest or applied for the job? The primary target who was actively headhunted? Big difference.

Not exactly the same claptrap as Logan trotted out about two world wide searches both concluding with Les Kiss.
As a point of information, did Logan say last week that we weren't even at the shortlisting stage?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dave wrote:"We're not in a position to announce it just yet but it was the primary candidate so we are happy that we have got that and I know the IRFU are happy too."

’...I know the IRFU are happy...’ well yes, I heard that the whole show has been run by the IRFU, with next to no input from UR, besides a possibly theoretical right to veto someone they absolutely disagreed with..

(that might be wrong of course, but I guess the IRFU has at least learned to keep Logan away from important decisions)
..one more thing
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Logan can’t even decide what’s to be done about Trap2, without consulting his paymasters in Orthanc.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:

"Primary target" is a bit of a nebulous term. The primary target amongst those who expressed an interest or applied for the job? The primary target who was actively headhunted? Big difference.

Not exactly the same claptrap as Logan trotted out about two world wide searches both concluding with Les Kiss.
As a point of information, did Logan say last week that we weren't even at the shortlisting stage?
Even if headhunted they would have to also be interested in the role and seemingly do an interview anyway. In that case they were merely asked to apply. Basically, Bryn has said the best candidate got the job. It really tells us nothing without knowing who was short listed.

Logan wouldn't lie would he?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Even if headhunted they would have to also be interested in the role and seemingly do an interview anyway. In that case they were merely asked to apply. Basically, Bryn has said the best candidate got the job. It really tells us nothing without knowing who was short listed.

Bryn hasn't clarified if they have successfully targeted and recruited the guy who they believe to be the ideal candidate, let's say Mark McCall or Scott Johnston.
Or if they have shortlisted the applicants and selected the guy who was top target on their shortlist, lets say Andy Friend.
There is a big difference.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I hope the term "primary target" isn't Logie's trigger phrase from when he was working as a special forces sniper in the Columbian forests. Remember that time he took out that drug baron with one shot at 1.3 clicks through the tree canopy. Slotting 1F through the brainstem from the roof of the family stand in the BBC box would be a cakewalk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Bryn hasn't clarified if they have successfully targeted and recruited the guy who they believe to be the ideal candidate, let's say Mark McCall or Scott Johnston.
Or if they have shortlisted the applicants and selected the guy who was top target on their shortlist, lets say Andy Friend.
There is a big difference.
You would have to think that with agents and other means they might have some channels in which they can gauge interest levels. It would be unlikely for someone working with a superior setup to come down to our level. Not impossible of course.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bryn is no bullshitter in my book.

If he is genuinely delighted with the appointment then that will do for me.

I honestly believe if it was not as good an appointment as had been hoped he would have not commented on the appointment as he has.

I have optimism.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

#microclimategate
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’m with u 9. After all the talk to the season tkt holders re culture, transparency, honesty etc and the former players basically reiterating those points....I don’t think Bryn would be trying to bullshit a crap appointment onto the fans....as simply he knows it wouldn’t wash and he would be tainted by it.

I believe it’s Davidson. 90% of the problems that have landed UR in the brad pitt were made in Ulster, but also that’s where 90% of the answers are to those issues. A clean slate, total squad revamp over next 12 months - no daves, changing of the guard of older players. I think SL may just be on borrowed time. If no SDC and season tkt sales don’t heat up Dublin might get rid of him to boost sales.
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Bryn went into slightly more detail in his post match conference
“We have the coach lined up, signed and agreed, our number one candidate, so we’re obviously very happy within Ulster and the IRFU,” said Cunningham after Ulster’s 24-24 draw with Munster saw them miss out on the Pro14 play-offs.
http://www.the42.ie/ulster-head-coach-s ... 4-Apr2018/

Highlighted the most important part, whoever it is was undoubtedly our first choice.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kanbei wrote:Bryn went into slightly more detail in his post match conference
“We have the coach lined up, signed and agreed, our number one candidate, so we’re obviously very happy within Ulster and the IRFU,” said Cunningham after Ulster’s 24-24 draw with Munster saw them miss out on the Pro14 play-offs.

Highlighted the most important part, whoever it is was undoubtedly our first choice.

Interestingly on the BBC that same statement read primary candidate from Byrn's own lips.. I suspect there is no difference between primary candidate and number one candidate.. :scratch:
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Cockatrice wrote:
Kanbei wrote:Bryn went into slightly more detail in his post match conference

Interestingly on the BBC that same statement read primary candidate from Byrn's own lips.. I suspect there is no difference between primary candidate and number one candidate.. :scratch:
He said primary candidate at his half time interview and number one post match. So both right really, but the jist is that we have got our number one choice.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Same as when we got FOLK then. Like many I have my doubts about Bryn but am willing him to succeed, this will make or break my opinion of him

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ColinM wrote:Same as when we got FOLK then. Like many I have my doubts about Bryn but am willing him to succeed, this will make or break my opinion of him

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
+1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999