Farewell beagle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hamsterdam
Novice

Re: Farewell beagle

Post by Hamsterdam »

Great guy and 100% committed to Ulster. Hope all works out for him in future.

AT next ?
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Fellow GAWA member!

Family situation puts UR situation into perspective.

Good time to get out buddy.

Thanks.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

All the best Paul. A fine servant whos commitment and effort never dropped below 100%. How many can we say that about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I'll never forget THAT bonus point try against Leicester at home, the one where Gusher called him a wee rascal, weren't those the days eh?

A great servant, not without criticism granted, but was Ulster through and through.

I wish him and his family well, I know they've not had the easiest year. I wish them all a really bright and healthy future.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

All the best to p and especially his wee lad at present, if things on the pitch were going badly Paul was the man to shake things up and confuse the opposition, well at times he confused his own team and the supporters as well but he never gave less than 100% any time he was on the pitch :red: :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

His commitment to the cause was never in doubt and he could, perhaps should, have developed into a top class no. 9. He was one of the nice guys - always willing to chat. never walked past me without saying hello . Has had a rough time in his home life and I hope things take a turn for the better for his wee lad. Thanks Paul and all the best!!!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Wee Woman wrote:I'll never forget THAT bonus point try against Leicester at home, the one where Gusher called him a wee rascal, weren't those the days eh?

A great servant, not without criticism granted, but was Ulster through and through.

I wish him and his family well, I know they've not had the easiest year. I wish them all a really bright and healthy future.
I know you meant it WW but any criticism of the rascal was never in relation to either workrate or effort. If the same could have been said about everyone at UR over p's career we'd be in a different place.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

He could frustrate a saint ,but always gave a 110% would have died for the Shirt
He had a fast pass but took a step to often and could be erratic at times he took a lot of stick for it frequently wrongly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
parsley
Novice

Post by parsley »

I agree with both of you. p was an Ulsterman through and through and I never once doubted his commitment to the cause - even if the application could be hit and miss at times.

Did he ever miss a tackle ? Even if some of his tackles involved some big brute tripping over him as he laid his body on the line!

All the best for the future and thanks beagle.

How many other players are looking for the exit now with Snake logan still at the top ?

#LoganOut
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Being honest, beagle gave me more face palms than even Rodney. I still enjoyed his enthusiasm and effort. I wish we could bottle it and give it to the wage takers and phone it ins. He clearly loves playing for Ulster and that's not something we see in most of our squad.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

beagle - Ulster to the core and a thoroughly decent human being to boot.

Some magical memories and a few howlers but overall his account is firmly on the plus side.

Like Wee Woman - I fondly remember that bonus point try against Leicester - not least for the look on the Leicester players faces, and then the singing of Cheerio Sweet Chariot afterwards! Another was Rory giving beagle a slap for kicking the ball out about half a minute too soon - can't remember the match - but it nearly cost us the game!

All the very best Paul for you and your family going forward - thanks for the memories!
Hope is not a strategy.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rodney, it's fair to say gives away very few face palms ... mainly because you actually have to do something in order to completely feck it up meriting a face palm ... Rodders avoids all this by adopting a Zen like state of total inertia ... very few face palms with someone in complete cryogenic stasis.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

:lol:
Jackie Brown wrote:All the best Paul, last season hasn't been easy for you. Ulsterman to his core and I'm his biggest critic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No you aren’t Jackie not by a long way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish him well in life, I hope his family situation works out, i’ve heard nothing in months and that’s as it should be, none of my business.

However, I would be a hypocrite not to say that this should have happened years ago. He’s a talented player but for me never had the composure to match the talent. Still, for his good moments and his undoubted commitment and bravery, so long p, happy trails.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

For several reasons, he is the most deserving of a send off the marra. :red: :fleg:

200+ Ulster appearances, 3 Ireland caps and a European Cup final not a bad return for somebody who, by his own admission wasn't a standout player at school.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Paul Marshall, Sparky, Tommy Bowe and now this!

In all seriousness how did we ever expect PJ and SO to get fair voice in the media when this is their level of intelligence.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999