Farewell beagle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Farewell beagle

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:Paul Marshall, Sparky, Tommy Bowe and now this!

In all seriousness how did we ever expect PJ and SO to get fair voice in the media when this is their level of intelligence.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yup. Thon biy works for Santander.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ulster and Telegraph. We deserve each other.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

About as accurate as their coverage of the rape trial.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

A below average player who would have been lucky to be 4th choice at any reasonable club with normal ambition levels. I don't doubt his love of Ulster but love of a province and loyalty to same is fairly meaningless nonsense except for those with a perpetual loser mentality. Good luck to him in the more important aspect of his life and I hope their situation improves.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Shan wrote:A below average player who would have been lucky to be 4th choice at any reasonable club with normal ambition levels. I don't doubt his love of Ulster but love of a province and loyalty to same is fairly meaningless nonsense except for those with a perpetual loser mentality. Good luck to him in the more important aspect of his life and I hope their situation improves.
Why come on and start a slabberin' match in the one fecking positive thread we've had all year?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Deraless wrote:
Shan wrote:A below average player who would have been lucky to be 4th choice at any reasonable club with normal ambition levels. I don't doubt his love of Ulster but love of a province and loyalty to same is fairly meaningless nonsense except for those with a perpetual loser mentality. Good luck to him in the more important aspect of his life and I hope their situation improves.
Why come on and start a slabberin' match in the one fecking positive thread we've had all year?

Toss up between him and Munsters 2nd scrum half. Shan is obviously just trying to stir.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

You're talking out yer pipe Shan. I expected more graciousness from you. A few years ago, he was being touted as the next Irish scrum half by the southern media when Murray was injured! To say he's 4th choice in any "reasonable club ", whatever that means, does him a disservice.

The best of luck to you Paul and your family in your future endeavours. Thank you for your years of service at UR.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Right, allow me to step in right now, and stop the bullshite.

For those of you taking umbrage at the above, wise yer feckin' heads up. It was not Ruan Pienaar blocking scrum-half development, it was Ulster Rugby not having the balls to get rid of p when it was blatantly obvious he had talent but neither the rugby brain nor in all honesty the pass to make a starting player, yet nobody got a look in.

Ruan is gone because Ulster hung on to p way past the time he had proven to be less than reliable. They should have been looking for someone who could grow from exposure to the great man, p never showed any sign that Ruan was getting him anywhere. UR should have been giving other guys the gig.

Now I had wanted to let this pass with no real sniping at p but here we go, for I've had enough shyte to do me a lifetime recently, I'm not having more.

So:

- yes, p has 200+ caps and for me, that is an indictment of Ulster, he is not and never has been worthy of the honour, 100+ of the bench, most of the rest when Ruan was away with SA. He is as undeserving as Robbie Diack to have played 200 times.

- Bleeds Ulster I hear you saying, well maybe, but some of you will know that not once but twice he has signed contracts with English clubs. If I have the story right, be got out of one within an hour, the second the following day. I counted each as an opportunity missed for Ulster

- My abiding memories of him will be the frustrating number of "own tries" he has been responsible for, the endless poor decisions and a wish that Rory's boot up his hole had been terminal.

- In conclusion Shan is 100%, at best he is a useful sub - occasionally, just as often he will throw away a game or LBP.

I still wish him well.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I bid him farewell.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Stop gloating Shan, ffs!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

All the very best to Paul and his family. If what Baggy says is true, what second choice player wouldn't want to be first choice, and moving club is a decent way to do that. I suppose any professional has to know what side his bread is buttered on. At the end of the day, he stayed and was a very fine servant of the club.

I also don't buy the idea that Ulster stuck with him when there were other young players waiting to break through. Would even UR really say, 'He's a nice guy, we'll keep playing him even though he's not worth his place' ?

Nice guy, good player, sad to see him go.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Peter OMahony hasnt half the pishun of p

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

feck Sean Cronin

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Right, allow me to step in right now, and stop the bullshite.

For those of you taking umbrage at the above, wise yer feckin' heads up. It was not Ruan Pienaar blocking scrum-half development, it was Ulster Rugby not having the balls to get rid of p when it was blatantly obvious he had talent but neither the rugby brain nor in all honesty the pass to make a starting player, yet nobody got a look in.

Ruan is gone because Ulster hung on to p way past the time he had proven to be less than reliable. They should have been looking for someone who could grow from exposure to the great man, p never showed any sign that Ruan was getting him anywhere. UR should have been giving other guys the gig.

Now I had wanted to let this pass with no real sniping at p but here we go, for I've had enough shyte to do me a lifetime recently, I'm not having more.

So:

- yes, p has 200+ caps and for me, that is an indictment of Ulster, he is not and never has been worthy of the honour, 100+ of the bench, most of the rest when Ruan was away with SA. He is as undeserving as Robbie Diack to have played 200 times.

- Bleeds Ulster I hear you saying, well maybe, but some of you will know that not once but twice he has signed contracts with English clubs. If I have the story right, be got out of one within an hour, the second the following day. I counted each as an opportunity missed for Ulster

- My abiding memories of him will be the frustrating number of "own tries" he has been responsible for, the endless poor decisions and a wish that Rory's boot up his hole had been terminal.

- In conclusion Shan is 100%, at best he is a useful sub - occasionally, just as often he will throw away a game or LBP.

I still wish him well.
I'm fairly sure he never put pen to paper for an English club.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Indeed, he dropped the pen first time and second time he tried a Tap'n'Go and ran straight into two props. Typical p
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.