Farewell ......... SPARKY

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Post by big mervyn »

18 years of home games, the occasional foray across the border and a European final. He must be close to AAT's appearance record.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (bear?ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.
McIlroy?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gary wrote:
Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.

Ever since his head dropped off a few years ago, I think most of the wains sussed out Sparky wasn't a real bear. Once they'd got over the trauma that is.
I had a fair idea ever since that warm day in Treviso when he had to regularly take his head off to take swallies of whiskey.

That was the old Sparky though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

"What do you mean he is not a real Bear. Logan said he was , caught him in Congo fighting Capt Black"

Yes Kofi, but it was when Sparky lost his head that i first began to doubt the veracity of our CEO's words. He had seemed so honest and believable up to then. Now, I'm even beginning to wonder if he really did retake the Falklands that time.

And BR, are you sure that wasn't just HWM in his onesie? :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think that game predated onesies. HWM just used to show up naked.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:I think that game predated onesies. HWM just used to show up naked.
Was he still pîssing over supporters then as well
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Surely Logan's the one always taking the pi$h
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

big mervyn wrote:18 years of home games, the occasional foray across the border and a European final. He must be close to AAT's appearance record.
And AAT has at least one appearance as Sparky too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Many thanks Norman ... enjoy your retirement from the bear suit. Any chance you could do us a favour and take that smug deluded tosser of a CEO with ya :cheers: :red:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Jeez BR, it's taken me years to forget that. Now, it's back. I need a large glass of something alcoholic.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gary wrote:
Jeez BR, it's taken me years to forget that. Now, it's back. I need a large glass of something alcoholic.
Mark Anscombe?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Time to bring back the real sparky.
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Kofi Annan wrote:Ffs , Sparky abandoning ship as well, Logan you are ruing this club, who is next , Ethel
My position is safe, that I can assure you, I meet hundreds of people every day, they all say, “Ethel you are safe” I will miss p, such a little scamp, he once hid my box of bourbon creams, Bryn was furious he had to have custard creams. Oh how we all giggled.

I do miss the two boys, Stu sent me a lovely bunch of flowers with a note, I shall not divulge the words as I don’t do kiss and tell, Paddy sent me a lovely text, saying how must he will miss my sponge.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh, I hate to do this ................................ I've always hated Sparky more than the band. What finished me with Sparky was the 2012 HC Final, when he allowed that Lionbastard Leo to make a backtilfront of him. He turns up in his bear boots & Leo the LionBastard turns up in a shiny well-dubbined set of Gola Reys, Leo flukes one through the poles, Sparky doesn;t even get one as far as the poles FFFS.

So that was it for Sparky & I, as for the band, I'm hoping they will treat us to "The Girl from Ipanema" themarra.

Olha que coisa mais linda mais cheia de graça
ela menina que vem e que passa
Num doce balanço a caminho do mar
Moça do corpo dourado do sol de ipanema
O seu balançado mais que um poema
a coisa mais linda que eu j vi passar.

Sing it, Frankie, sing it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I remember it well, Leo is Gaelic for cheating bast...
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND