Farewell ......... SPARKY

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh, I hate to do this ................................ I've always hated Sparky more than the band. What finished me with Sparky was the 2012 HC Final, when he allowed that Lionbastard Leo to make a backtilfront of him. He turns up in his bear boots & Leo the LionBastard turns up in a shiny well-dubbined set of Gola Reys, Leo flukes one through the poles, Sparky doesn;t even get one as far as the poles FFFS.

So that was it for Sparky & I, as for the band, I'm hoping they will treat us to "The Girl from Ipanema" themarra.

Olha que coisa mais linda mais cheia de graça
ela menina que vem e que passa
Num doce balanço a caminho do mar
Moça do corpo dourado do sol de ipanema
O seu balançado mais que um poema
a coisa mais linda que eu j vi passar.

Sing it, Frankie, sing it.
Bagster, Logan has invited the BFN Sambo band in, they can’t b any worse
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I was saying to the Wife about that there 5mins ago. Called Leo a cheating feck as he had boots.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

The reason for Sparky leaving lies solely at Logans feet.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:I was saying to the Wife about that there 5mins ago. Called Leo a cheating feck as he had boots.
You young ones have nothing better to talk about on a Friday night
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Kofi Annan wrote:
damianmcr wrote:I was saying to the Wife about that there 5mins ago. Called Leo a cheating feck as he had boots.
Can't discuss being top shoggers or legends anymore, it's frowned upon

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:Ffs , Sparky abandoning ship as well, Logan you are ruing this club, who is next , Ethel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Gary wrote:
Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.

Ever since his head dropped off a few years ago, I think most of the wains sussed out Sparky wasn't a real bear. Once they'd got over the trauma that is.
I had a fair idea ever since that warm day in Treviso when he had to regularly take his head off to take swallies of whiskey.

That was the old Sparky though.
I remember the game he went tranny

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ding dong2u wrote:Many thanks Norman ... enjoy your retirement from the bear suit. Any chance you could do us a favour and take that smug deluded tosser of a CEO with ya :cheers: :red:
He's left because of the ceo?

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Not with a crying baby
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Not with a crying baby
Capol, and large whiskey . You have been helped
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Gary wrote:
Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .

Ever since his head dropped off a few years ago, I think most of the wains sussed out Sparky wasn't a real bear. Once they'd got over the trauma that is.
I had a fair idea ever since that warm day in Treviso when he had to regularly take his head off to take swallies of whiskey.

21 January 2006 BR ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Gary wrote:

21 January 2006 BR ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sounds about right,. I still have the scar above my eye.

(The 'warm day' bit was sarcasm - everyone was wishing they were wearing a fur suit that day iirc)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh, I hate to do this ................................ I've always hated Sparky more than the band. What finished me with Sparky was the 2012 HC Final, when he allowed that Lionbastard Leo to make a backtilfront of him. He turns up in his bear boots & Leo the LionBastard turns up in a shiny well-dubbined set of Gola Reys, Leo flukes one through the poles, Sparky doesn;t even get one as far as the poles FFFS.

So that was it for Sparky & I, as for the band, I'm hoping they will treat us to "The Girl from Ipanema" themarra.

Olha que coisa mais linda mais cheia de graça
ela menina que vem e que passa
Num doce balanço a caminho do mar
Moça do corpo dourado do sol de ipanema
O seu balançado mais que um poema
a coisa mais linda que eu j vi passar.

Sing it, Frankie, sing it.
Bagster, Logan has invited the BFN Sambo band in, they can’t b any worse
Lovely ladies Kofi, though I suspect that you mean Samba, given none of the dear ladies was either black or blacked up, genuinely I spoke to them last Friday night, they were genuinely surprised I hadn't come over to punch them.

I assured them that nobody would touch them with a bargepole and that the only 3 weemin I'd ever wanted to punch but hadn't, were Margaret Fu'cking Thatcher, Anne Diamond before she lost the child, after which she became vaguely human & that sack of chopped up turds Katie Hopkins.

Anyway, I digress, as I walked off, they thanked me for having taken the trouble to come and reassure them they would not be beaten to a bloody pulp and could enjoy their evening protest.

I was mildly sad that as the game started I had not heard so much as a bing or ping of a kettle drum nor a shout of "dirty Ulster misogynist rugger-bugger ballix"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

That’s it Baggy, you get it all out there Bud. No point in bottling it up now. Yer last dander up Onslow to gulder fer yer team. This’ll be an emotional day for many, but feck Sparky, feck beagle, feck Bowe... This is gonna be a tough one for you big man and those in attendance should spare a thought for you and yours.
Slogan has made it easier than it might have been, but I don’t like to give him any credit so feck him. It’s hard to imagine walking away from Ravenhill for what could well be the last time. Lump in the throat no doubt, but in the words of that despicable Manc house breaker and joyrider... Don’t look Back in Anger.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Memories of Sparky: the night the head came off and the announcer straight in with 'is there a vetinarian in the house'.?
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...