Sooper Dooper qualification.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Sooper Dooper qualification.

Post by Tender »

He’s just too old to play second row
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

If league get 8th spot Ulster are in and Treviso play Ospreys in PO
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’m a little bit of colour Neill old Bud, you may have to run that one past me again.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tender wrote:I’m a little bit of colour Neill old Bud, you may have to run that one past me again.
Ulster would get the extra spot and Treviso and Ospreys play off for the last league spot.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

As far as I can see, for us to get in without a playoff, Pau have to finish in the first six in the Top-14. They are currently seventh and could catch Castres or Lyon, if the last round of fixtures go the right way. However, Pau are at home to Toulon, while Castres are at home to Oyonnax and Lyon are home to Montpellier. A tough ask!

EDIT - In accordance with a decision of the EPCR Board comprising the nine unions, federations and league bodies, the 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified - Leinster and Racing already in
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified - Cardiff in, Gloucester currently sixth but play Saracens away and could be caught easily by Sale or Bath
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified - As above
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified - Newcastle are in but Pau may not be, see above
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner - That's us if Leinster win but pretty far down the list. A play-off is much more likely and, given our lack of fortune this season, seems almost inevitable.
Last edited by rocky on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bo***cks to Brexit
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rocky wrote:As far as I can see, for us to get in without a playoff, Pau have to finish in the first six in the Top-14. They are currently seventh and could catch Castres or Lyon, if the last round of fixtures go the right way. However, Pau are at home to Toulon, while Castres are at home to Oyonnax and Lyon are home to Montpellier. A tough ask!
Even more unlikely than yesterday's scenario.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The list of favours we need from other sides is getting larger year on year.

LOFT
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Listen up, now, LOOK ............. you all know Ulster's playoff record .........................or maybe not, it seems so long ago that the Mexicans put our lights out first up. So here's the thing. Ospreys have a good record in what the Seppos call "post-season playoffs".

They also have a team that Clarke has done pretty well with since Tandy was gassed, albeit they have also had some dreadful defeats. If AWJ & Tipuric are fit, I suggest that we may be in bother.

One of game, I'm calling it 50:50.

The Parker Pen would not surprise me, especially if our coaches insist that Big Stu & NHL are the centres. How can highly paid professional not see that as a pair they are pure dogshit? NHL must be the worst passer of a ball since that guy Piutau played for Ulster. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Without Piutau, Hendo, Cooney, Cave (ignored), Rea (he was great against them in the 8-0 classic), plus all the other absentees... It will be the parker pen.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Agh Dave, now don’t get all pessimistic on us like. A 50:50 at home with our Band, Sparky making one final final appearance, Tommy Bowe remembering how to play, foam fingers, SubMan, CoolTube, Glens of Antrim Crisps, no Boycott and Bod doing the roving mic shyte. How could we not win?

:fleg:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Based on the scour we've produced this season, we don't deserve to be in the top competition.
We may actually qualify out of our group in the challenge cup.
I'm absolutely indifferent about the whole thing. Next season is about rebuilding, developing youngsters and winning matches.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Nope, next season is all about Logan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:Based on the scour we've produced this season, we don't deserve to be in the top competition.
We may actually qualify out of our group in the challenge cup.
I'm absolutely indifferent about the whole thing. Next season is about rebuilding, developing youngsters and winning matches.
If we qualify for the SDC we will have a horrendous group. Better to be in a competition on our level.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I am still convinced it makes no difference where you qualify
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

TopPoster wrote:
Tender wrote:Snooker loopie nuts are we
Speaking of which - did you see Ronnie O’Sullivans shoulder charge on Carter: reckon that would have put Diack back 2 yards.
It would have ruptured Deysel's ACL, given Luke an HIA and put Hond out of commission for at least 3 months.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"