Are we allowed to talk about yesterday's game????

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Are we allowed to talk about yesterday's game????

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Will we send a second string team to Munter? or go for broke in the hope we win, Edinburgh lose and we sneak into 3rd and the big boy play offs?

I'm not really bothered by this potential Ospreys play off, win or lose. I could take a season or two in the Challenge Cup.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Full side to Limerick.
I would take Gibbes back in a heartbeat. If and when he's in a position to come back.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Missionary! It's the only one Logan allows.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tender wrote:Missionary! It's the only one Logan allows.
Quality post right there.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tender wrote:Missionary! It's the only one Logan allows.
And through a whole in the sheets. Unless of course it's not your betrothed.

Anyway.

Scrum held up ok. Went backwards a bit when TOT came on but that'll get better and we got the ball away anyway. Only 1 scrum penalty and it looked 50.50 with both front rows popping up.
A lot more of the first receiver taking the ball at pace, but this led to some handling errors esp from the usuals Warwick and Treaders. Think some of it was due to the next man running a line too close to the passer and getting a bullet pass.
Back row did well. Again Deysel carried well until he busted himself again. Reidy was everywhere and Timoney looks like an athlete.
I'd be happy if we told the IRFU to feck off and kept McPhillips at 10, unless Joey wants to come as cover.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Clive Ross was good also.

Lets be honest though, that Glasgow pack has always been suspect.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

It may have been suicide, but i applaud Glasgow trying to run everything. Very few aimless kicking Doakball tennis.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Timoney was fantastic I thought. The whole team had a new-found lease of life, hopefully this isn't just down to recent outrages. Has Farrell started working with us yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I don't think that Farrell has been to Ravenhill this year, that whole story appears a myth.

However, Jared Payne has taken over as the defensive coach and his unravelling of the "Kiss & Go Through" system has started to pay dividends. For my couple of bob, not enough has been said about Nilling Ospreys and even against Weegies who are behind only Leinster in terms of tries scored, it was much better, one of their tries coming from a prop being skinned.

Doubtless many will be shocked that Ulster has scored more tries than either Scarlets & Embra and indeed have only lost 2 more matches than Leinster and despite us being devastated by this season, we only trail Leinster by 10 points albeit they appear hot favourites for the SDC, probably the Pro14 & we have been gash.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

TopPoster wrote:Have we not seen all this before: good start to the season to get the blood flowing, diabolical throughout the wind and rain of the winter, a flurry towards the end of the season as the climate changes giving us a glimmer of hope for the next season.....and repeat.
When I read the first couple of lines I thought it was old "wet balls" Ron'n again. Have to say TP, you have given me a smile or two since you blew into town. :D :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If only I'd read another post, there he was, old wet balls himself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Clive Ross was good also.

Let's be honest though, that Glasgow pack has always been suspect.
I like Clive, as he has done for the A team, he gives you everything he has to give. I hope he is retained.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:It may have been suicide, but i applaud Glasgow trying to run everything. Very few aimless kicking Doakball tennis.
McPhillips has good height from his restarts. It might be a novel concept but trying to win the ball back is quite a good idea. When the restart goes deep there always a bit of tennis and we invariably haemorrhage yards.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The only time I've ever seen Farrell here is before Internationals when Leinster have no home match. Even then he prob misses about a quarter of the match out of his seat.
Not heard of him being at training?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
TopPoster wrote:Have we not seen all this before: good start to the season to get the blood flowing, diabolical throughout the wind and rain of the winter, a flurry towards the end of the season as the climate changes giving us a glimmer of hope for the next season.....and repeat.
When I read the first couple of lines I thought it was old "wet balls" Ron'n again. Have to say TP, you have given me a smile or two since you blew into town. :D :thumleft

Let’s just say I have previous.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:I'm trying not to think that what we are now seeing is the Gibbes' influence that should have been there from September. That would just make me too angry.
Think positive, Gibbes has shown that a team can be altered beyond recognition in a short period. This ought to inform the decision makers when selecting the new staff.

I always thought Gibbes was a good appointment but one swallow etc...

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk