Relationship lessons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Relationship lessons

Post by Russ »

Has Logan signed the Ulster legends board?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

ColinM wrote:Of course if you kick the players out of the system they don't obtain the benefit of the workshops, so how does society get the full benefit of this initiative?

Rugby players to be given 'sexual relationships' classes

The subject will be part of Rugby Players Ireland's (RPI) wellbeing workshops for players
Rugby players are to be given "sexual health and relationships," classes by the body which represents professional players, The Times has reported.

The subject will be part of Rugby Players Ireland's (RPI) wellbeing workshops for players.

The classes, which aim to promote "healthy behavioural attitudes," follow a high-profile rugby rape trial.

Ireland and Ulster Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding were both acquitted of all charges.

'Integrity, inclusivity and respect'
However the wider issues raised by the case, and in particular the players' message exchanges - containing explicit sexual terms about women - have prompted intense debate.

Mr Olding and Mr Jackson had their contracts terminated earlier this month after a review by the Irish Rugby Football Union and Ulster Rugby.

The IRFU/Ulster Rugby also said that Ulster and Ireland winger Craig Gilroy has been sanctioned over a text message he sent to Stuart Olding.

Ulster rugby pair cleared of rape
Key people who made the headlines
Trial that played out beyond court
RPI said their Player Wellbeing Programme which focuses on "off-field development" was being developed "in light of recent events".

The organisation said this was "to ensure that our values of integrity, inclusivity and respect, integral to the game of rugby, are understood by all our players and reflected in their behaviour on and off the pitch".

'Healthy behavioural attitudes'
The programme is being developed in conjunction with the IRFU and provincial management teams.

Image copyrightPA
Image caption
Stuart Olding (left) and Paddy Jackson were cleared of rape charges after a nine-week trial in Belfast
Dr Ella McCabe, a Senior Clinical Psychologist is facilitating the workshops designed to educate the players on "healthy behavioural attitudes".

The RPI said the content of its programme is "reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it continues to evolve in line with current trends".

"We have invested more resources in this area, including broadening the curriculum delivered to players through individual consultations, group workshops and the provision of educational material so that all players receive the support they need in their daily lives, while also preparing them for their transition from the game," it added.
When we're at it can we have managerial lessons on hypocrisy?
Let's examine the values of integrity inclusivity and respect when they abandoned two of their players in a heartbeat.
Highly respectful and inclusive, full of integrity that.
Also the last paragraph.referimg to player support.
What support was offered to Pj and SO?

Let's call rhis what it is, an @ss covering, box ticking PR exercise for any future shenanigans regarding player behaviour so the management can wash their hands and claim the higher moral ground.
Not that they needed that.

The only real lessons to he learned from this trial player wise is to choose your bed fellows with caution or you'll be screwed in every sense.
The difference on the fateful night is that the Northern Ireland Footballers were well aware of these particular pit falls.
Basically we are now down the route of football and I suppose it was only a matter of time.
However I think I may be doing football a diservice as I see Ched Evans is playing for Sheffield United again without much controversy.

To be honest I think the English have put up with this hysterical nonsense for a while and people are bored of these 'rape'trials collapsing as case after case has been dismissed or overturned in recent years through false claims from imbittered women.

What about rape classes for women?
Where's their education for what actually constituttes rape?
First lesson REGRET IS NOT RAPE.
End of class.
The tragedy is the true victims of rape suffer.

Meanwhile in these types of women are encouraged to know that just to claim rape is sufficient to ruin a man's life regardless of the verdict.
It shouldn't be that easy.
Brace yourselves for more of this nonsense but hopefully sense prevails at some point.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:Are threesomes ok as long as it's two girls and a boy?

What about 3 boys? spit roasts don't have to be sexist when you're as gay as the next 2 men :thumleft:

Maybe the Colonel should take inspiration from that other great leader, Alexander the Great?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:Are threesomes ok as long as it's two girls and a boy?

Are threesomes ok as long as only 1 professional rugby player is involved?

Do threesomes exhibit geographical differences e.g. one performed in Leinster involving 2 males from Munster?

Can consent be obtained in the presence of the uncle if daddy is neglecting me?

Was Gerry in the RA?

You will hear from Sean
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

" And now boys and girls this weeks essential reading is " the Joy of Sex ""

"
And the matter to discuss is to compare the handling skills of rugby to those of the bedroom "

The whole costly charade is a facing saving waste of money - the average of a rugby team is about 25 -28 not bloody 15 year olds .

They are subjected to team building exercises which internalises the group who then tend to spend the off field moments in each other's company which only encourages group activities both a day variety and also
night time .

What needs to done is the encouragement of activities away from the group a broader net work of friendships than just Ulster Rugby .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Liz Fraser wrote:
ColinM wrote:Of course if you kick the players out of the system they don't obtain the benefit of the workshops, so how does society get the full benefit of this initiative?

Rugby players to be given 'sexual relationships' classes

The subject will be part of Rugby Players Ireland's (RPI) wellbeing workshops for players
Rugby players are to be given "sexual health and relationships," classes by the body which represents professional players, The Times has reported.

The subject will be part of Rugby Players Ireland's (RPI) wellbeing workshops for players.

The classes, which aim to promote "healthy behavioural attitudes," follow a high-profile rugby rape trial.

Ireland and Ulster Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding were both acquitted of all charges.

'Integrity, inclusivity and respect'
However the wider issues raised by the case, and in particular the players' message exchanges - containing explicit sexual terms about women - have prompted intense debate.

Mr Olding and Mr Jackson had their contracts terminated earlier this month after a review by the Irish Rugby Football Union and Ulster Rugby.

The IRFU/Ulster Rugby also said that Ulster and Ireland winger Craig Gilroy has been sanctioned over a text message he sent to Stuart Olding.

Ulster rugby pair cleared of rape
Key people who made the headlines
Trial that played out beyond court
RPI said their Player Wellbeing Programme which focuses on "off-field development" was being developed "in light of recent events".

The organisation said this was "to ensure that our values of integrity, inclusivity and respect, integral to the game of rugby, are understood by all our players and reflected in their behaviour on and off the pitch".

'Healthy behavioural attitudes'
The programme is being developed in conjunction with the IRFU and provincial management teams.

Image copyrightPA
Image caption
Stuart Olding (left) and Paddy Jackson were cleared of rape charges after a nine-week trial in Belfast
Dr Ella McCabe, a Senior Clinical Psychologist is facilitating the workshops designed to educate the players on "healthy behavioural attitudes".

The RPI said the content of its programme is "reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it continues to evolve in line with current trends".

"We have invested more resources in this area, including broadening the curriculum delivered to players through individual consultations, group workshops and the provision of educational material so that all players receive the support they need in their daily lives, while also preparing them for their transition from the game," it added.
When we're at it can we have managerial lessons on hypocrisy?
Let's examine the values of integrity inclusivity and respect when they abandoned two of their players in a heartbeat.
Highly respectful and inclusive, full of integrity that.
Also the last paragraph.referimg to player support.
What support was offered to Pj and SO?

Let's call rhis what it is, an @ss covering, box ticking PR exercise for any future shenanigans regarding player behaviour so the management can wash their hands and claim the higher moral ground.
Not that they needed that.

The only real lessons to he learned from this trial player wise is to choose your bed fellows with caution or you'll be screwed in every sense.
The difference on the fateful night is that the Northern Ireland Footballers were well aware of these particular pit falls.
Basically we are now down the route of football and I suppose it was only a matter of time.
However I think I may be doing football a diservice as I see Ched Evans is playing for Sheffield United again without much controversy.

To be honest I think the English have put up with this hysterical nonsense for a while and people are bored of these 'rape'trials collapsing as case after case has been dismissed or overturned in recent years through false claims from imbittered women.

What about rape classes for women?
Where's their education for what actually constituttes rape?
First lesson REGRET IS NOT RAPE.
End of class.
The tragedy is the true victims of rape suffer.

Meanwhile in these types of women are encouraged to know that just to claim rape is sufficient to ruin a man's life regardless of the verdict.
It shouldn't be that easy.
Brace yourselves for more of this nonsense but hopefully sense prevails at some point.
She's still referred to as the victim even though the boys were cleared. Media are feck stars, now they're whinging to their union because Ulster only let sports journalists into the press conferences. feck off

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Relationship lesson outcome N0.1.
So long as the tea is on the table and the shirts are ironed properly things will be fine.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

What really annoys me is that every single media article on reform of rape legislation has a picture of PJ and SO. This is especially prevalent in the42(which is a trash site) and the Irish Indo and Times.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Surely all employees not just players should be subject to such training including those that have strayed from their wives....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jetstream wrote:What really annoys me is that every single media article on reform of rape legislation has a picture of PJ and SO. This is especially prevalent in the42(which is a trash site) and the Irish Indo and Times.
I've noticed this too. It's utterly shameful.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:Surely all employees not just players should be subject to such training including those that have strayed from their wives....
Even CEO's :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I see UR have taken media relationship lessons from Donald Trump to accompany their moral guidance lessons from the Bank of Ireland.
I understand that John Worboys is undertaking sex education lessons for players with couple councilling.from OJ Simpson.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

247E571E-0854-4DFD-9FCA-98EB5D6CE91D.jpeg
247E571E-0854-4DFD-9FCA-98EB5D6CE91D.jpeg (106.4 KiB) Viewed 787 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

To err is human, to forgive is devine...unless yer CEO and the BOI want rid of you.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In some respects The Photos of PJ and OS highlight the fact that under the current system of hearing a case even if the accused are found innocent their future and public image is destroyed .

Rape is the only crime were the accused go into court "innocent in the eyes of the law " but guilty in the court of public opinion , thus to prove they are innocent have to destroy the evidence of the claimant -- which is why in the words of a judge the claimant is on trial .

The law at this time fails to recognise that public opinion 9 times out of 10 will consider the accused are guilty before any evidence is heard.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist