Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 29 users online :: 10 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Dave, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot, WeeWorld, Wheeker, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 656150
Total topics 19105
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby stickinout » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:43 pm

rocky wrote:I saw Jonno Gibbes was bemoaning the lack of penetration in our play yesterday. Maybe someone could staple a note to Dwayne Peel's forehead, with mirror writing saying just two words - DARREN CAVE - before the play-off.


Amen to that Rocky. DC, the man who makes things happen when we need to conjure a try from nothing. Like a few on here, i don't understand why he's not being used more. Also, I don't know why he re-signed with us. How long has it been since he's had a run of games? He seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing on a more regular basis to get his groove on.
User avatar
stickinout
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:For the record, I regard watching a fillim an unconscionable waste of the brief remaining portion of my life. They are fuller of shyte than a recently dug scouting group’s latrine.
Except My Cousin Vinnie, that's legend status stuff



The last great fillim ever made my fine feathered friend, 1992, the year the movies died. It was a brave while back top the westerns. When they made that bullshite in monument valley with the wee lad with MS with the DeLorean I just wanted to punch some fillim people.

Now it's all green screens and computer-generated shyte, give me a break, I need that garbage as much as I need a rerun of a Dudley Phillips destroyed rugby match with Funky Gibbon as TMO. :roll:

I think Ghostbusters was one one the last Hollywood blockbuster films to be filmed without cgi.
Pop videos were.better in those days too thinking AHAS 'Take on me,' 'Thriller' or Peter Gabriels 'Sledgehammer.'
All still to be admired and not bettered.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby big mervyn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:29 am

Largely in agreement with Baggy. Very few big budget filluns don't get ruined to some extent. LOTR were decent efforts but even they felt the need to tack on a romantic sub plot and introduce a few twee Disney style touches that grated on me.

10 very good filluns:

Life of Brian
Kes
The Producers
Withnail and I
The Shining
Trainspotting
Napoleon Dynamite
Dr Strange love
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10584
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Russ » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:41 am

stickinout wrote:
rocky wrote:I saw Jonno Gibbes was bemoaning the lack of penetration in our play yesterday. Maybe someone could staple a note to Dwayne Peel's forehead, with mirror writing saying just two words - DARREN CAVE - before the play-off.


Amen to that Rocky. DC, the man who makes things happen when we need to conjure a try from nothing. Like a few on here, i don't understand why he's not being used more. Also, I don't know why he re-signed with us. How long has it been since he's had a run of games? He seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing on a more regular basis to get his groove on.
Someone is paying him the guts of £100,000 pa to keep fit, play some sport but have enough time to himself to set up his own business

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28179
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm

big mervyn wrote:Largely in agreement with Baggy. Very few big budget filluns don't get ruined to some extent. LOTR were decent efforts but even they felt the need to tack on a romantic sub plot and introduce a few twee Disney style touches that grated on me.

10 very good filluns:

Life of Brian
Kes
The Producers
Withnail and I
The Shining
Trainspotting
Napoleon Dynamite
Dr Strange love
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket

Top drawer all of those
Add to that my personal favourite Rocky 3.
Interestingly enough Stallone only commissioned Survivor to do the famous theme when he couldn't get Queens 'another one bites the dust'
Also did anyone spot Roberto Duran sparring with Rocky in Rocky 2?
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby 222toHounslow » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Never got Napoleon Dynamite
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
222toHounslow
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1445
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:42 pm

222toHounslow wrote:Never got Napoleon Dynamite

Actually I agree with that.
Seems odd mervyn put it with those other classics.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Tender » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Guilty Pleasure.. we’ve all got one. Mine is watching Ulster implode from close quarters. No CGI necessary, just good old fashioned arsefoonery.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Gary » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Apocalypse Now.

My favourite film and good description of UR's situation.
"What's the requirement of my job? I don't have to be very clever, I don't have to know that much," - David Davis, Minister for Fecking Up Brexit
User avatar
Gary
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3533
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Directors Cut


Image

Lieutenant Colonel Shane Logie:
"I love the smell of the Napalm I made last night in the morning ... Now gentlemen, I'll have to leave you as there seems to be some journalists at the front door wishing to interview me ... VC don't scare me ... but interviews do ..."
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Postby stickinout » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Russ wrote:
stickinout wrote:
rocky wrote:I saw Jonno Gibbes was bemoaning the lack of penetration in our play yesterday. Maybe someone could staple a note to Dwayne Peel's forehead, with mirror writing saying just two words - DARREN CAVE - before the play-off.


Amen to that Rocky. DC, the man who makes things happen when we need to conjure a try from nothing. Like a few on here, i don't understand why he's not being used more. Also, I don't know why he re-signed with us. How long has it been since he's had a run of games? He seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing on a more regular basis to get his groove on.
Someone is paying him the guts of £100,000 pa to keep fit, play some sport but have enough time to himself to set up his own business

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



great if you can get that kind of work...
User avatar
stickinout
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 10 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->