Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by UlsterNo9 »

nonplussed wrote:Dundon Done... Said in an orchestral manner

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Some would say he has been made redundont (sic)
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Some would get slapped for saying it.

We’re heading in the right direction, but it’s gonna take years.
Why are they now playing music during breaks in the game? We’re not Mercans. We won’t get bored if there’s some down time. No feckin need. Speaking of music, why is the pre match music (Qchube) so feckin loud? I can’t have a conversation with the people beside me without shouting. It’s invasive and fecking annoying.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Tender, I've just agreed with everything you said there.

Which one of us needs to change their pills? :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Why are they now playing music during breaks in the game? We’re not Mercans. We won’t get bored if there’s some down time.
Tender

You and I don't, but those with the concentration span of a gnat, and those with boredom threshold deficiency cannot endure a few seconds of serene, solitary introspection. >EW
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

errata
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:erata
Desid ...?

...Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
GLENN CORNICK wrote:erata
Desid ...?

...Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. :thumleft:
Silence, please, please.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

May have been posted elsewhere, may not have.......

What this guy has pulled together in just over 8 months is incredible.

He exudes class, comments like below really make me think we have the right man, would dread to think what twitcher Kiss would have said.
When asked what his views on the game's turning point was, Ulster coach Dan McFarland said: "I know what you want me to say and I'm not going to say that.

"I was asked four times about Jacob dropping the ball over the line. My answer is: there are not many people in the world who could beat that many players, to even get in the position to put the ball down.

"I'm proud of Jacob, he played a great game, did a lot of really good things."
If he says there's more to come, I believe him! Yes, his game plan is a little unknown, with the more miles under his belt as a head coach there will be more to analyse about how his teams play, having said that he'll evolve also.
"You could look at this and see it's a huge game. But to me, it's just a step and we're just at the start of what I consider a long journey, hopefully to go a lot further."

"We have a quarter finalist (Glasgow) of Champions Cup next week, a quarter finalist (Edinburgh) the following week, then two weeks after that we have a semi-finalist (Leinster again)," said McFarland.

"People talk about other leagues in Europe. Forget that, our conference is where it's at - not even our league, our conference.

"It's tough going, but in terms of the support staff, we've been preparing for this.

"We knew it would arrive, that we'd roll off the back of this game into some really important games and so we planned for this two, three weeks back, and we know exactly how we're going to prepare.

"We’re going to have switch mindsets. We have to understand the level of the task in front of us and be totally focused on that.
Powerful words and great to read.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Ulster have got a real gem and seems to be a genuine nice guy.
When his arrival was announced it was generally “ Whose McFarland ? “ Then The SRU tried to screw it up further with their none release.
Maybe a bit reminiscent of Messrs Cheika and Schmidt’s arrivals at Leinster except Dan after his spell of playing and coaching at Connacht understands the Irish Provincial setup and the importance of the Jersey right from the start. If he is as good as the two aforementioned he will do us fine and he is showing every sign of it.
He also seems to value his coaching team around him unlike his predecessor who was a one man band and playing out of tune.
Unlike Kiss his selections have appeared to be logical and consistent and have not been a source of regular outcry from this site.
Long may he continue.
He must also be commended for his very public support forJacob in particular and his players in general. Mind you what ever he says in private also seems to be working too.
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Aird wrote:Ulster have got a real gem and seems to be a genuine nice guy.
When his arrival was announced it was generally “ Whose McFarland ? “ Then The SRU tried to screw it up further with their none release.
Maybe a bit reminiscent of Messrs Cheika and Schmidt’s arrivals at Leinster except Dan after his spell of playing and coaching at Connacht understands the Irish Provincial setup and the importance of the Jersey right from the start. If he is as good as the two aforementioned he will do us fine and he is showing every sign of it.
He also seems to value his coaching team around him unlike his predecessor who was a one man band and playing out of tune.
Unlike Kiss his selections have appeared to be logical and consistent and have not been a source of regular outcry from this site.
Long may he continue.
He must also be commended for his very public support forJacob in particular and his players in general. Mind you what ever he says in private also seems to be working too.
In his defence, Les did tell us over a year ago that we were much closer to Leinster than recent results suggested - although he may simply have been referring to reduced journey times if you're using the Newry bypass.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

One piece of advice I would have for Kiss currently ... he has been sold a pup with SoB.. nowhere near the player he was.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

For a laugh Dan should have referred to Leinster as finalists!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.