Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:Logan spotted in fake moustache and nose glasses at George Best airport heading for Alicante ...

It must be true.
¡Vete a la mierda Shane Logan!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Tender wrote:January would be a fecking joke.
We need a head coach in place the minute Gibbes fecks aff.

Pre season with Peel ... i.e running on sand dunes while Stu practises running into things.
Might need to use the Piutau money on balls. McCloskey will be offloading them all into the fecking ocean.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Fecking joke!!

Typical UR pantomime.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dave wrote: With the confirmation of Dan's appointment, we will be announcing at least one further addition to the coaching team in the near future to ensure that we have a strong unit in place in advance of pre-season."
This is a great move - announcing that at least one coach will be here when next season starts, and a relief to the players, at least we'll have someone here to open up the changing rooms for them.

Shane Logan, Ulster's Chief Executive, added via an untraceable web link somewhere in Europe:

"I'd like to congratulate Bryn and our Professional Game Board for conducting such a thorough process that has led to this appointment.

"We have worked closely with the IRFU and are very pleased with the outcome."

After this the transmission went dark ... but our reporter said he counted all the Logies out and counted them back again.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

So Logan is essentially just the Head accountant now?
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Highly rated he may be but he will be cutting his teeth as a head coach with Ulster.

The thought of Peel and Dundon conducting pre-season and taking us through to January 2019 is as bewildering as it is frightening. Have we learnt nothing? Would any other professional rugby team put up with it?

The lack of a start date from UR is another sign of their disdain for supporters.

Any bets on Jared being announced on the coaching ticket as defensive coach?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Could we get Les in for a 6 month gig?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Any feckin chance of Jirrid being pronounced fit to feckin play Rugby?

So we right off another season. How many more years do we wait for World Domination?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Where did this January thing come from? I thought RBBN was just taking the pi$h...
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Where did this January thing come from? I thought RBBN was just taking the pi$h...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43942096

3rd sentence down.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

From the twitter world:

Murray Kinsella‏ @Murray_Kinsella · 3 minutes ago

Although there is a nine-month notice period in Dan McFarland's contract with Scotland, the expectation is that he will arrive at Ulster following the summer tour.

Makes sense for all parties for the move to happen at that stage and expect that to be the case.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Tender wrote:Any feckin chance of Jirrid being pronounced fit to feckin play Rugby?

So we right off another season. How many more years do we wait for World Domination?
UR are going to synchronise complete World domination of Rugby union with a successful vote
in favour of the reunification of the 32 counties. Shane will become the first Tioseach of
a united Ireland as a reward for everything he has done for everybody in solving all their
problems and granting all our wishes.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

FRB wrote:Highly rated he may be but he will be cutting his teeth as a head coach with Ulster.

The thought of Peel and Dundon conducting pre-season and taking us through to January 2019 is as bewildering as it is frightening. Have we learnt nothing? Would any other professional rugby team put up with it?

The lack of a start date from UR is another sign of their disdain for supporters.

Any bets on Jared being announced on the coaching ticket as defensive coach?
Or they just don't know the start date.

The new fella is on tour in Canada, USA and Argentina in the summer - I imagine he'll want to make sure he's working his notice period to cover that, at least.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Cornerfleg wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:Where did this January thing come from? I thought RBBN was just taking the pi$h...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43942096

3rd sentence down.
What’s the fecking point of that then? We’re writing next season off already...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

1. Interesting candidate - knows the system here so fewer surprises for him. I suspect he knows a bit more about the politics of IRFU than your man who spent a summer in Greyabbey so I hope that means less chance of him fecking off mid contract.

2. Gregor Townsend - I trust his judgement more than I trust Nucifora, Bryn, Logan and anyone else in the system.

2. Start date - Jan? wtf? I thought that UR considered seasons finish in Jan because that is how long they cover fly half for. Hope Gregor gets his replacement in the summer and agrees an early release, however if not he will be needed for the AIs. I'm not sure what use the SRU would have for him between Nov-Jan though arguably a HCs most important months are July & August

3. Another addition to the coaching team? Jared?

4. Logan - publicly distancing himself from the most important decision his organisation has taken since 14 April, a spineless joke