Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Cockatrice »

Out of interest has the accountancy consultancy firm undertaking the review of UR completed its review yet... accountants know everything about rugby clearly best people for job.... Leinster get Henry and look at happened to them... we get what?

We won’t care either we have our coach we have signed our players and we have our leader.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Liz, preach sister preach, I could not have put it better myself. He is one for you all, wait and you see the deals, fre3bies UR Spin Department do for tickets on a play off if that’s the way we go, I want Leinster to get thrashed and the ghost of Clarke to haunt ravenhill and drive a 8 inch nail into the coffin of Slogan
Who would you have gone for Kofi?
A proven coach and not a D4 puppet, why do you ask ?

Who is giving this stooge direction?

Who is setting the culture and his appreciation of game?

Who is setting the roles and responsibilities?

BHO, there is better out there, but I go back to what I always believe about Irish Rugby. There is the BEST people for the job and there is the RIGHT people, the right people always get the job, never the best people.

Personally right now, complete and utter collapse of UR is the only way forward, those cnuts that hide on committees and are not accountable will run to the hills, we then can start afresh.
I ask as there appears to be a lot of negativity, not just yourself, about the appointment whereas maybe naively I am quite positive about it.

I’m just wondering would it matter who was appointed or would there be negativity anyway due to the current circumstances at UR? That’s why I ask who? Is there an actual name of a coach that you have in mind that would get your full & unequivocal support?

Or is it just easier being negative about everything surrounding UR at the moment without giving solutions.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:Who would you have gone for Kofi?
Kofi would never have been happy (short of a highly unrealistic name like Wayne Smith walking in) anyway.

No surprise that the response fails to contain actual names.

[Although I agree with Kofi that many on the committees need hunted out the door. The biggest problem in rugby within Ulster right now.]
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

By accounts from his time down south he's a hard nosed son of a gun who won't take any nonsense, may need a good cop by his side to help with the man management.

I think he's quality from his track record and should do us rightly, but it's all about what other coaching appointments are to be made.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

therealspratt wrote:may need a good cop by his side to help with the man management.
Genuine question - is that Bryn's job?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Bryn likes his job.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

ColinM wrote:
therealspratt wrote:may need a good cop by his side to help with the man management.
I'd say likely not, he isn't going to be on the training pitch, possibly Payne or one of the other new appointments.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Amiga500 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:Who would you have gone for Kofi?
Kofi would never have been happy (short of a highly unrealistic name like Wayne Smith walking in) anyway.

No surprise that the response fails to contain actual names.

[Although I agree with Kofi that many on the committees need hunted out the door. The biggest problem in rugby within Ulster right now.]
That's nonsense Amigo.
Kofi clearly states he wants to see a proven coach at a decent level.
If you are saying Wayne Smith is the only decent available coach with experience at the helm and a track record I simply won't accept that.
If you are saying Edinburgh, Connacht and the Scarlets can attract such coaches and we can't I won't accept that either.

Liverpool used to appoint internally as the whole process was seamless and required no fixing just a person from the inside who understood it and continued the good work of the previous manager.
Hence Cullens Leinster appointment.
We have appointed internally but that's doesn't work as they are part of a system that doesnt work.

We are a great first appointment as a coach can see all that's wrong with the system and put it right when they get another job provided their reputation isn't in complete tatters by that stage..

Ask yourselves why would UR want to bring in someone who will rock the boat?
It would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.
No its more like the emperors new clothes at UR right now.

If Mcfarland by chance does rock up and start demanding changes he'll be out on his hoop Anscombe style.
I might be wrong but history says otherwise.
I feel sorry for Mcfarland though as he probably will come in with big ideas of how he's going to turn things round.
He doesn't yet know the reality of his role in this ongoing farce.
Wonder when the penny will drop?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:
Of the people I know around UR, admittedly not many in number, the only one I'd currently have any faith in to do the CEO job and cut out this DOR ballix entirely is Bryn, for you know the rugby is important to Bryn and not being an "Ulster Legend" show pony at various religious cults - and yes I didn't misspell that. Let's have a CEO who actually has a toss to give about rugby rather than a lying clown who runs for cover when the going gets tough - he must have made the Argies shyte themselves.

"The Untold Story, Terry Saves the Falklands for Betty whilst several thousand Argies die of laughter-induced heart failure".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Liz, preach sister preach, I could not have put it better myself. He is one for you all, wait and you see the deals, fre3bies UR Spin Department do for tickets on a play off if that’s the way we go, I want Leinster to get thrashed and the ghost of Clarke to haunt ravenhill and drive a 8 inch nail into the coffin of Slogan
Who would you have gone for Kofi?
Robbie Deans
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Townsend still insisting today that Dan is staying until January.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

The notion has just occured to me that the team most likely to benefit from us not having a coach in place for the start of next season is Edinburgh.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Time for Joe Schmidt to start talking up how Ireland would expect to benefit from having access to insider info from Dan for the 2019 Six nations and the world cup.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

The fact that Scotland have already called up a coach as cover for their Summer Tour would suggest he won't be staying with the Scotland Team either. If the SRU were particularly cynical though they could make him serve out his six months on gardening leave on the basis that significantly increasing Edinburgh's chances of finishing at least third in our conference next year might be worth more to them than any compensation they would get for McFarland's release.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

MightyRearranger wrote:The fact that Scotland have already called up a coach as cover for their Summer Tour would suggest he won't be staying with the Scotland Team either. If the SRU were particularly cynical though they could make him serve out his six months on gardening leave on the basis that significantly increasing Edinburgh's chances of finishing at least third in our conference next year might be worth more to them than any compensation they would get for McFarland's release.
Townsend says Dan and Carl Hogg will share duties.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?