Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Post by big mervyn »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Dave wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:That was a good win today for Ulster after a somewhat difficult season.
I was a bit surprised that not many fans turned up for such an important match.
And there I was thinking that Leinster fans were fickle!
Anyway, with a new coach and new players, the only way from here is up.
It's a boycott you retard
But why a boycott today & not the Glasgow or previous Ospreys game?

>you_rock
Because everybody already had paid for a ticket. Classic Ulster Scots thrift mentally where if you find a plaster and cut yourself.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Was Logan at the game, did anyone see him
I was looking put for him and he wasn't in any of his usual haunts. Certainly not beside the TV camera where he usually watches from unless he has fully perfected the invisible man super power.

If he was there he kept a very low profile. Suppose if this match was "owned" by the pro 14 and nor Ulster, he didn't have to show up to play host to his opposite number. :duck:
he was there sitting on his tod in an empty row..
..one more thing
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Columbo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I was looking put for him and he wasn't in any of his usual haunts. Certainly not beside the TV camera where he usually watches from unless he has fully perfected the invisible man super power.

If he was there he kept a very low profile. Suppose if this match was "owned" by the pro 14 and nor Ulster, he didn't have to show up to play host to his opposite number. :duck:

Logan has flatly denied this and said it couldn’t have been the case as there were no empty rows today.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

For the record, I would have gone to the match but its a round trip of 5778 kilometres and 60 hours solid driving, so I thought, if it's good enough for Tommy de Comber, the TV did me fine.

Also for the record, this talk of a year on the bench is contrary to what my information is. They were offered the severance or you can take us to court and we are loaded, you are skint. >seeya
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Wish I was real fan!

SUFTUM

Fûck you Logan
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Columbo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

So not invisible then .... just using his military camouflage training to hide in plain sight?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

222toHounslow wrote:Wish I was real fan!
I am a real fan - just wish I was a true supporter ...

... or is it the other way round? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

So not invisible then .... just using his military camouflage training to hide in plain sight?
Using his training from his army days to hide out in trap 2 but luckily caught on camera.
https://youtu.be/xzrK7HkjAEs
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Was the Hond there?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yes
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

promsandwich wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
There was nothing about my post that suggested you were there. This post, a bit like the last one, makes no sense. If I, or anyone else wants to come on and celebrate the win then so what? My 'rant' was nothing other than suggesting that those players that did well today deserve credit for their performance added to the fact that, as poor as the position that we are presently in, we as fans either need to decide to support the team as it now is, or move on.
How do we then object to the current regime with those two options?
So basically it's bury our heads in the sand as we are taken to oblivion or we walk away and forget about it.
How will that help?
Why should I walk away from a something I care passionately about because of the self interests of the current custodians of Ulster Rugby?
Sorry if itt irks the 'true' fans but I'm through with people p1ssing on my back and telling me it's raining.
I don't think that anyone has the right to define themselves as a 'true' fan and therefore attempt to denigrate others. The question you pose, about how to support the team while expressing dissatisfaction with the regime is not one that I have the answer to. I really struggled with whether or not to continue to attend in the aftermath of the PJ/Olding debacle and the general conduct of the Logan stewardship. Today I went to support the team. It is very difficult to know what could affect the upper echelons of the management, particularly when I saw the video of the stewards removing a 'Logan Out' banner from some supporters a few weeks ago. It seemed to me that those supporters were entitled to be there as they had paid for their ticket and that there was no legal basis upon which the stewards could remove their banner from them. I wish I knew an effective method for demonstrating against those who run the 'club' as we like to think of it. But despite the effort I have put in I can't think of any way that is effective and that certainly leads to the biggest fan disconnect from those that run the club that I can remember.
Fair point but people will make you feel you are not a true fan if you go against the regime.
The 'true' I put in quotes as I get the impression that by supporting the team no matter is a true reflection of what a proper supporter should be.
You are struggling to find appropriate action.
STAY AWAY and don't buy merchandise as I've said for weeks now.
The 10000 odd empty seats today will say more than any protest or banner will.
Its the only action that will hit home to the powers that be.
Or start an alternative AFC Wimbledon style club.
The Alternative Ulster.
Try outs in Musgrave Park a week Tuesday.
All welcome.[/quote]

Personally I wouldn't be too worried about how people try and make you feel. I don't think there is an easy answer. Do what is right for you![/quote]

Im not and I will
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Anyone even mentioned the fact that Gilroy of wassap fame was a 2 try hero and all without so much of a feminist murmur.
Its almost like they've moved on to another subject like a Royal Weddings and have completely forgotten the carnage left at UR.
Well who would have thought that would happen?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Was the Hond there?
Anyone spotted him got a free 6" Sub
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Liz Fraser wrote:Anyone even mentioned the fact that Gilroy of wassap fame was a 2 try hero and all without so much of a feminist murmur.
Its almost like they've moved on to another subject like a Royal Weddings and have completely forgotten the carnage left at UR.
He's way too cute lukkin for the feminists to stay mad at him for too long. >EW The erstwhile wannabe top shagger is rapidly closing in on GLU's Ulster try scoring record.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Anyone even mentioned the fact that Gilroy of wassap fame was a 2 try hero and all without so much of a feminist murmur.
He's way too cute lukkin for the feminists to stay mad at him for too long. >EW The erstwhile wannabe top shagger is rapidly closing in on GLU's Ulster try scoring record.
Indeed he is, young Gilroy has a remarkable strike rate and unless some calamity befalls him is likely to set a mark for tries and appearances that only Stockdale looks capable of getting near................ if he wastes his career at Ulster
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.