Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave »

I gave up on hoping certain UR players would find consistency. The likes of Diack, p, Rodney etc. Who have demonstrated a number of performances of a higher standard than the usual disappointing product. 2MP is in his 30s and I'd be surprised if this was his big year. If he has played dung in the AIL then he cannot blame any coach nor anybody else but himself.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I still think we should be at least talking to Serena Williams ... she's giving off today that she's being drug tested more than any other tennis player ... and in a tweet she confessed that her "wab is getting friction burns from going in and out of a cup to pee so often".
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Pete isn't very good.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

I see Aaron Sexton is in the pics from Coleraine the other day - I wonder if he'll be fast tracked through this year as we are short in back three players..
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

therealspratt wrote:Pete isn't very good.

Who is this prophet ... this radical approach to clear thinking scares the bajeeez outta me ... I know it's waaaay left field but you might be onto something ... trouble is you cant unring a bell ... once this line of reasoning starts then reality hits a large percentage of the squad like a hurricane....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Who is this prophet ... this radical approach to clear thinking scares the bajeeez outta me ... I know it's waaaay left field but you might be onto something ... trouble is you cant unring a bell ... once this line of reasoning starts then reality hits a large percentage of the squad like a hurricane....
Might follow that up with a 'he is bad'. Not like Michael Jackson though. Not like that way like Michael Jackson either. Not a Pro 14 standard player. Just like Michael Jackson.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Straight talking I tell ye, cutting to the meat of the matter.

On Sexton though, saw elsewhere that he may not even be in the academy class for this year which is quite a shock. Instead in the back three we seem likely to be bringing in an Exile, Iwan Hughes, whom Bristol passed over not that long ago.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:

Straight talking I tell ye, cutting to the meat of the matter.

On Sexton though, saw elsewhere that he may not even be in the academy class for this year which is quite a shock. Instead in the back three we seem likely to be bringing in an Exile, Iwan Hughes, whom Bristol passed over not that long ago.
Hughes has been given a place in the academy. I think he has represented England, Wales and Ireland at underage level.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Greg Jones, Adam McBurney, Jonny Stewart and Nick Timoney have been given senior contracts.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Prop (8): McCall - Warwick - O'Hagan - Herbst - Moore - Ah You - Kane - van der Merwe (Project)
Hooker (4): Best - Herring - Andrew - McBurney
Lock (6): Henderson - O'Connor - Treadwell - Browne - Thompson
Back Row (11): Rea - Ross - Henry - Murphy - Reidy - Coetzee (NIQ) - Deysel (NIQ) - Timoney - Jones - Montgomery
Scrum-half (3): Cooney - Shanahan - Stewart
Out-half (2): Burns - McPhillips
Centre (4): Marshall - McCloskey - Cave - Addison
Wing (4): Gilroy - Stockdale - Lyttle - Busby
Full-back (3): Ludik - Nelson - Owens

What seems to be final list, pending arrival of "x factor back" from the SH...
..one more thing
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

There's a good starting 15 there and half a bench to go with it ...

Any injuries and were utterly fecked ... there is zero options at 9 if Cooney is injured and with Ludi and NHL out ... 15 looks cack and there is an outside chance that Cave might make the bench!!!!!!!!!!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:There's a good starting 15 there and half a bench to go with it ...

Any injuries and were utterly fecked ... there is zero options at 9 if Cooney is injured and with Ludi and NHL out ... 15 looks cack and there is an outside chance that Cave might make the bench!!!!!!!!!!!
This isn't going to be a strong performance season. Best we can hope for is progress.
Have we decided not to bother with any other NIQs?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think Addisson will be more of a back three player. We seem to be trying to sign an NIQ back three player but there is likely feck all available.
allanddd
Novice

Post by allanddd »

Who is Alan Bennie ,what position,he is showing in the senior squad ??
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

allanddd wrote:Who is Alan Bennie ,what position,he is showing in the senior squad ??
He is a 9. He has played 7s for Ireland.