Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby-in-ul ... al-report/

Outlook section
During the year considerable time was devoted to identifying additional sources of income and cost efficiencies by the senior management team and their associated committees. This work, over a number of months, has resulted in a budget 2018/19 at break-even despite lower season ticket sales forecast which has meant reductions in player budgets at a time when our central Irish contracts has been reduced to two. However, good recruitment and continued development of local talent make for a more positive outlook for the professional team than might otherwise have been expected.
There is a general consensus among the majority of Ulster fans that this shedding of players is to build a pot of cash to go out and spend next season bringing in top quality NIQs. Can you please educate and point them to the Treasurers report, specifically the paragraph above. This shedding is to bring about break-even.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Those at the helm took a gamble. Waste of money big contracts did not bring any success. They thought we would win a trophy and the Kingswank would be full every game. Marcell gets crocked. Piutau was hit or miss. It was reported that FOLK went looking for big ball carrying forwards. We sign the Hond and Deysel

Then Nuciwank tells Ruan to FO. The trial happens. UR didn't back Paddy and Stu.

I don't know who to exactly apportion blame. Logan mainly but who else would have been involved in these decisions...Bryn, blazers, Kiss, FIRFUC, Nuciwank etc..?

Now we are fcuked.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ethel! Buying M&S Milk and Honey Creams when a packet of Digestives would have done rightly.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The vast proportion of blame for the current sad state of Ulster Rugby can simply be laid at the door of Nucibastard. Let us represent his b@stardliness with this simple equation:

RP(x2) + GP + WS + BB - EJ = DNWankstain

You've been helped. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The vast proportion of blame for the current sad state of Ulster Rugby can simply be laid at the door of Nucibastard. Let us represent his b@stardliness with this simple equation:

Dave has laid out a number of potential “culprits” and whilst Nucifora undoubtedly takes some of the blame, my concern is that he is too easy a target which could lead to others not being listed. For example, ulster’s last season with pj and ruan in place was hardly an unqualified success. The signs were already there of a decline.

In 2012 we had some top class signings (3 world cup winners from 1-9) and a lot of luck with injuries, but scratch beneath the surface and the depth has never been there. Kiss has to shoulder some blame obviously for hs tenure but what about Bryn? Seems lie crap signings were down to Kiss but no doubt Addison will be claimed by Bryn. Who gave Rodney the extra contract for example, when it was a complete waste of time?

As for Logan, don’t start me on him.....

Bryn and Logan were at pains to point out that they did everything to keep Ruan and do all they can in negotiations with D4. Will be interesting to see if things change at all under the new CEO.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The vast proportion of blame for the current sad state of Ulster Rugby can simply be laid at the door of Nucibastard. Let us represent his b@stardliness with this simple equation:

BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pg106 wrote:

BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BB - EJ, for me despite all the guff here about Elton Jantjies, was yet another huge negative thanks to Mr Nucibastard. Jantjies is undoubtedly a decent 10, Billy? The jury may remain out for the entire length of his contract and a wishy-washy verdict in all probability, frankly if this was all that was available I'd have backed McPhillips & the coming man, Lowry. Now I see absolutely no logic to not starting Lowry for the foreseeable future. Billy has yet to impress me other than in tiny & brief stits & farts...................... wait fits and starts.

Bart: I remain resolute in saying everyone here is entitled to their opinion, irrespective of how unfounded or simply wrong it may be.

May I remind you of the old saw: if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are its a duck. If you want to look beyond the blatantly obvious and come up with absolutely nothing concrete, have at it, sir.

I will reissue my latest challenge, please quote me the most recent "favour" that Nucibastard has done Ulster, then tell me how you feel about the many times he has said no to Ulster, then if you can, compare that to the occasions he has turned down Munster (Moore would be obvious & that's 3 years ago) & then if you turn out to be a master sleuth, just give me one or two things that Leinster have asked for and been told no. Best of luck, I suspect your reply may take a while.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby-in-ul ... al-report/

Outlook section
During the year considerable time was devoted to identifying additional sources of income and cost efficiencies by the senior management team and their associated committees. This work, over a number of months, has resulted in a budget 2018/19 at break-even despite lower season ticket sales forecast which has meant reductions in player budgets at a time when our central Irish contracts has been reduced to two. However, good recruitment and continued development of local talent make for a more positive outlook for the professional team than might otherwise have been expected.
There is a general consensus among the majority of Ulster fans that this shedding of players is to build a pot of cash to go out and spend next season bringing in top quality NIQs. Can you please educate and point them to the Treasurers report, specifically the paragraph above. This shedding is to bring about break-even.
I can tell you that break even has long since disappeared for what is projected.

Further, as I've alluded to before, there will be a further trimming of the squad before season 2019-20. You may all get your prayer mats out and hope the academy goes into overdrive.

Wonder how the Pro14 money is looking this season? I'm sure it will all be a huge success, a wonderful deal, to Trumpetise it, Probably the greatest deal ever. >EW Nobody respects women more than me. :shock: I'd like to punch that guy in the face, somebody punch him in the face, I'll pay your legal fees.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looking like we only have two looseheads from now until the end of the season.

Discuss...
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Dave wrote:Looking like we only have two looseheads from now until the end of the season.

Discuss...
We have 1 loosey in EOS, Warwick is not to the standard required. The fact that he has as many caps as he has is a reflection on how poor a side we actually are.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

nonplussed wrote:
Dave wrote:Looking like we only have two looseheads from now until the end of the season.

Discuss...
We have 1 loosey in EOS, Warwick is not to the standard required. The fact that he has as many caps as he has is a reflection on how poor a side we actually are.

Yes I agree with you. Warwick is AIL standard.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

nonplussed wrote:

Discuss...

Will svdm make a return? Wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
nonplussed wrote:

Discuss...

Will svdm make a return? Wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He's gone.

I think we need an emergency signing.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

We will surely need more cover or uncontested scrums will become the norm for the rest of the season. It's just turned January ffs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We will need to acquire another loosehead from somewhere or a tighthead will have to be able to convert if needs be. It's a balls of a situation.