Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by therealspratt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:05 pm

jackthelad wrote:
Rooster wrote:I hear there is a surprising move in the prop department, well only surprising if you didn't know.
What is it? Good or bad.
Not something most will be happy with.

launish116
Novice
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by launish116 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Rodney back to LH?

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 pm

O'Hagan?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by therealspratt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Dave wrote:O'Hagan?
Ach hell'd freeze over first before they gave him a shot.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:53 pm

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:O'Hagan?
Ach hell'd freeze over first before they gave him a shot.
Sure mind he got that minute against the baa baas.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Columbo
Initiate
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Columbo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Rooster wrote:I hear there is a surprising move in the prop department, well only surprising if you didn't know.
don't tell me the Hond is up for his hat-trick of contract buyouts?
..one more thing

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Rooster » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:17 pm

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:I hear there is a surprising move in the prop department, well only surprising if you didn't know.
A lateral move?
Hard to beat of lateral movement
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:I hear there is a surprising move in the prop department, well only surprising if you didn't know.
A lateral move?
Hard to beat of lateral movement
Not good for props to be moving that way.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2778
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Tender » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:43 pm

It’d be good to see Rodney make any sort of movement other than his bowels.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.

launish116
Novice
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by launish116 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Rodney is nowhere near athletic or mobile enough for a Loosehead, i hope to god this isn't the news!

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by therealspratt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:25 pm

launish116 wrote:Rodney is nowhere near athletic or mobile enough for a Loosehead, i hope to god this isn't the news!
Desperate measures for desperate times. :banghead:

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Cockatrice » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Feck Burns and that other Lionel are small... in Burns case he doesn't seem to break too easy so a lot to be said with all this bulk shyte.. wished them well for the new season seem personable chaps..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Feck Burns and that other Lionel are small... in Burns case he doesn't seem to break too easy so a lot to be said with all this bulk shyte.. wished them well for the new season seem personable chaps..
Which other Lionel? McPhillips? Addison is listed as 95kg on his UR profile. I would be more interested in whether they can tackle.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Cockatrice » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:29 am

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Feck Burns and that other Lionel are small... in Burns case he doesn't seem to break too easy so a lot to be said with all this bulk shyte.. wished them well for the new season seem personable chaps..
Which other Lionel? McPhillips? Addison is listed as 95kg on his UR profile. I would be more interested in whether they can tackle.
It was Addison... he can certainly tackle a greasy fry but thats twice now and I am beginning to feel like the stalker pip
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU

User avatar
Columbo
Initiate
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Columbo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:18 pm

I heard an interesting snippet, from a guy who is mates with a few players - we were talking about Coetzee and he said “apparently they have had to dial him back on the contact stuff in training...”

At this point my heart sank, and I said “what because of the knee?”, with a faint quaver in the voice

“No because he’s killing boys in training..” at which my heart soared like an uncaged bird...

If there was no other reason to look forward to Ulster’s season, it’s to see him let off the leash... I pity the poor 10 who has to get in the way of his first carry down the channel. :cheers: :cheers:
..one more thing

Post Reply