Rory Best emailed me!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rory Best emailed me!!!

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:The missus got one and she didn't even renew last year as she was a year ahead of the programme. She resisted multiple begging letters to renew and still got an email from Rory thanking her for her support.

I'm beginning to think Rory might not have typed them all out personally? Maybe he saved himself time by copy and pasting the body of the letter and just changed the names at the top?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I can beat that, 2 accounts which were closed 4 years ago got the letter from Rory, he should really update his contacts list.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

loosehead1984 wrote:Just a thought lads from someone who doesn't post here much but has been around this site for a long time.

Going to get lambasted for saying this but I'd rather he played more for Ulster than emailed. I can't count now how many times he has been unavailable to play for Ulster over the last few years, including yesterday.

He watched from the stands... great! :banghead:

Our Captain's place is on the pitch.

There you go boys... fire away >sniper

He was injured LH, what did you want him to do? I do accept your general point though..... the UR website says 10 starts this year, if it can be believed to be accurate.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:The missus got one and she didn't even renew last year as she was a year ahead of the programme. She resisted multiple begging letters to renew and still got an email from Rory thanking her for her support.

I'm beginning to think Rory might not have typed them all out personally? Maybe he saved himself time by copy and pasting the body of the letter and just changed the names at the top?

I can beat that, 2 accounts which were closed 4 years ago got the letter from Rory, he should really update his contacts list.
He's too busy showing cattle to update his contacts.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

" UR PR department apologised today for the horrendous bit up today which resulted in hundreds of emails from Rory Best going out to unintended recipients, especially those whining pessimistic , never- to- be -pleased, negative alleged supporters on the UAFC web site who have done nothing but complain during the Clubs recent successful winning run. It was not intended that the players thanks should go to any of them, and that thanks is withdrawn unreservedly. Humble apologies for the grief and upset caused."
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fortyniner wrote:" UR PR department apologised today for the horrendous bit up today which resulted in hundreds of emails from Rory Best going out to unintended recipients, especially those whining pessimistic , never- to- be -pleased, negative alleged supporters on the UAFC web site who have done nothing but complain during the Clubs recent successful winning run. It was not intended that the players thanks should go to any of them, and that thanks is withdrawn unreservedly. Humble apologies for the grief and upset caused."
Link?

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Fortyniner wrote:" UR PR department apologised today for the horrendous bit up today which resulted in hundreds of emails from Rory Best going out to unintended recipients, especially those whining pessimistic , never- to- be -pleased, negative alleged supporters on the UAFC web site who have done nothing but complain during the Clubs recent successful winning run. It was not intended that the players thanks should go to any of them, and that thanks is withdrawn unreservedly. Humble apologies for the grief and upset caused."
You had me up until 'successful winning run'.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

bangorboy wrote:So personal, sincere and genuine.

ello Stephen,
After a challenging season both on and off the pitch, I thought it was appropriate for me, on behalf of the playing group, to share our thanks for your loyal support once again.

As players, we visit clubs, schools and other organisations across the Province on a weekly basis and it is truly humbling to see how much support we have within the community.

I watched yesterday’s game from the stands - the atmosphere was brilliant - and your attendance was really appreciated by all players, especially those who were saying goodbye.

While it would be easy to look back on the season with some negativity, I would like to share some of the positives that I’ve witnessed.

I would like to pay tribute to my team mates for their fight and spirit throughout. To finish the season unbeaten in our last five games is testament to the character and quality of the players and I couldn’t be prouder of them.

It’s been pleasing to see so many of my teammates grow and develop as players and leaders over the past 12 months.

As a senior player, it is exciting to see that the future is extremely bright for Ulster Rugby. We’ve had eight Academy players experience first team rugby this season and we have a record number of players representing Ireland at under-age level.

Having secured Champions Cup qualification, we will start pre-season with enthusiasm and confidence, and we look forward to welcoming some quality players and coaches into the set-up during the summer.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to recognise the contribution of some great servants to Ulster Rugby who will bid farewell this summer, in particular Andrew Trimble, Paul Marshall, Robbie Diack, Tommy Bowe, Callum Black and Norman Pollock. I wish them and their families all the best for the future.

Thanks again for standing up for us this season. It’s a privilege to continue to represent you.

Rory Best
Captain, Ulster Rugby
I got one too but different.

Dear. Liz

After a season of complete catastrophic proportions on and off the pitch I have been forced by our PR group to desperately beg you for your support as bank records note you once attended an Ulster match 3 years ago.

Having seen so little attendance yesterday we've literally sh1t ourselves and after much debate this letter is a vain attempt to make you feel personally valued.

The season has been cack but I'm going to create some positives in the same way as after 9/11 you could comment that Bin Laden had a nice beard.

We went 5 games unbeaten which is an incredible feat considering how crap some our players are.

Out of utter desperation we've had to field half our academy players as most of our senior players were injured, couldn't be bothered or we fecked them off.
Its going to be more of the same over the next number of years.

Having sneaked into the champions cup we want to make you feel this in some way will be treated as a cup win as at least we hope it may attract someone somewhere not involved in the competition who might be good.
Were all off on a jolly up now.

I would like to take the opportunity to say good riddance to Jonno Gibbes and Charles Piatau who were the sort of people you would love to have in the trenches. If the trenches contained 4 poster beds, gold plated crockery and we're 500 miles away from enemy lines.

All this and I didn't even mention Paddy or Stu who never happened, UNDERSTAND!

Please pretty please come back, love you lots really bye,

Rory Best
Occasional Captain Ulster Rugby, who really did write this unassisted, honest.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Jeez... mine just said

Hi Phil

I know you're a kunt, but we still want your money.
Next season will be more of the same.

Rory
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:Jeez... mine just said

Hi Phil

I know you're a kunt, but we still want your money.
Next season will be more of the same.

Rory
:lol:

I think they all said that when you read between the lines.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

russ
you asked for link
www.supportulsterrugbyevenrorybestonlywhenwinning.com
Uafc subscribers only
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rory Best is pointless..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fortyniner wrote:russ
you asked for link
http://www.supportulsterrugbyevenrorybe ... inning.com
Uafc subscribers only
Shambles

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

you asked for link
Uafc subscribers only
XLIX - relatively speaking UR are winning.
If we take the professional era, I am going to stick my neck out and suggest their win rate for this season has been better than average.

So if we only support them when they're winning, it makes you wonder why we didn't walk away years ago.

Also you will also notice that many here have been critical of what has been going on, even during times when results were better than we deserved.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
you asked for link
Uafc subscribers only
XLIX
Is that one of these chaps? 9
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I thought XLIX was the name of one of Mij Ure’s early Bands.... but my dyslexia is strong today.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.