Solution for 10 issue - Deed Poll

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Solution for 10 issue - Deed Poll

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Russ wrote:With the IRFU imposing playing conditions on Banbridge, they could do with a back up 10

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Padraig O'Jackson would get a start at Ban if he turned out to be any good. He has no contract with the IRFU which they could use to withold him from playing
So long as he pays his subs
In fact I'll pay his subs

He is banned from rugby for life.
Link?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Russ wrote:With the IRFU imposing playing conditions on Banbridge, they could do with a back up 10

Padraig O'Jackson would get a start at Ban if he turned out to be any good. He has no contract with the IRFU which they could use to withold him from playing
So long as he pays his subs
In fact I'll pay his subs

He is banned from rugby for life.
Link?
www.twitter.ie
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ulster to solve cover at 10 issue and if Cooney gets picked for Ireland....

We all chip in a few quid get in touch with Deed Poll and sign - Isa Pienaar.

Simple ... everyone knows if yer name is Isa you get a blank cheque and licence to play wherever you want. So If Ruan ... ahem ... I mean Isa was to come back here, mentor McP and bring Lowry on and if Cooney is ever unfortunate enough to get a call up because they just cant ignore him any longer we have someone to cover 9 ... Isa could then be a player coach.

And unlike like Joey ... Isa wants to play here and the fans would want to see Isa ... now lets see if any jouno, hack or wannabe shyte stirrer has the balls to attempt to suggest that and the radio silence from ISIS in D4....
I've spoken to Ruan.

He's up for this, but whilst he's willing to change his first name he wants written guarantees that sporting a wet-look mullet will not be part of the deal.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Don't know about that Dave. He had a contract with the IRFU revoked or bought out. I'd love to see him play a bit of AIL in the Autumn if he doesn't have a contract sorted. Some how, i'd imagine the FIRFU would interfere again and instruct UR to not allow him to play . I'd certainly try if i was him.

If he doesn't get a contract sorted by Autumn, and the harassment continues with potential employers, then something needs to be organised by the players/UR/the good people of Ulster, to say leave him the f@ck alone...

I'd be keen to help organise a counter group network, to send emails to sponsors to pressure them to allow him to sign. If we could get 40 or 50k to sign up, then I think it would send a strong message of support for PJ. Something will have to be done.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Padraig Jackson anyone?
Stuart O'lding

Don’t know if they’re all related but I heard good things about a pair called Paddy Olding and Stuart Jackson.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:Can we not just get him a trainee coaching gig at Hinch* obviously he would need to register in case he wanted to make the odd appearance for the 3rds.

* or any other club in Ulster.
Do Hinch outhalfs not normally live across the border ??
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:
Dave wrote:Padraig Jackson anyone?
One assumes BR's suggestion of registering Isa Pienaar as a player in an Ulster based club would be equally applicable to this Padraig O'Jackson. As a player registered in an Ulster club he would be eligible for provincial selection presumably. Of course if he turned out to be any good then we might risk him being approached by other clubs.
The coaching thing would be a natural fit for Pienaar though.

Can you imagine the kudos some local company would get if they were to give him a job as 'brand representative' or whatever. He takes his first steps on the coaching ladder (under the wing of an experienced club coach), togs out for the club for the occasional mid week game. Then if Ulster find themselves lacking at 10 (or indeed 9) he could play under permit in the league matches (not ERC). And if he was bored with his day job, maybe he could pop down to Aquinas and see if he could find someone to mentor.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Isas are also tax free :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

stickinout wrote:
If he doesn't get a contract sorted by Autumn, and the harassment continues with potential employers, then something needs to be organised by the players/UR/the good people of Ulster, to say leave him the f@ck alone...
Personally, I believe this is something that ought to have been done long before now and the people who sponsors and the IRFU can listen to are the players, both north and south of the border.
Players are being denied the right to work, others are being coheres into uprooting and leaving home, its all a shambles and a nonsense which can still be nipped in the bud.
Would JS have any influence on this all being sorted, if there was a player revolt?
You need the hierarchy of the Ireland playing establishment to say, enough is enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Samstew wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Personally, I believe this is something that ought to have been done long before now and the people who sponsors and the IRFU can listen to are the players, both north and south of the border.
Players are being denied the right to work, others are being coheres into uprooting and leaving home, its all a shambles and a nonsense which can still be nipped in the bud.
Would JS have any influence on this all being sorted, if there was a player revolt?
You need the hierarchy of the Ireland playing establishment to say, enough is enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has there ever been any further response to the Rugby Players Ireland statement after their ‘sacking’? I think it referred to them awaiting the process of the review or something along those lines and if, as alluded to on here, there was essentially no review they are surely in a position where they must raise concerns as the same thing could happen to any member where a sponsor was advocating their sacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

GUBU wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Ulster to solve cover at 10 issue and if Cooney gets picked for Ireland....

Simple ... everyone knows if yer name is Isa you get a blank cheque and licence to play wherever you want. So If Ruan ... ahem ... I mean Isa was to come back here, mentor McP and bring Lowry on and if Cooney is ever unfortunate enough to get a call up because they just cant ignore him any longer we have someone to cover 9 ... Isa could then be a player coach.

And unlike like Joey ... Isa wants to play here and the fans would want to see Isa ... now lets see if any jouno, hack or wannabe shyte stirrer has the balls to attempt to suggest that and the radio silence from ISIS in D4....
I've spoken to Ruan.

He's up for this, but whilst he's willing to change his first name he wants written guarantees that sporting a wet-look mullet will not be part of the deal.
He's got my full support (for what it is worth), that hairstyle went out with Rene Higuita, the scorpion kicking goalkeeper in 1990.
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

stickinout wrote:
GUBU wrote:

I've spoken to Ruan.

He's got my full support (for what it is worth), that hairstyle went out with Rene Higuita, the scorpion kicking goalkeeper in 1990.
Shane Byrne was still rocking the Billy Ray Cyrus look in 2016 - the greatest head of hair in Irish rugby history.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”