Easterby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Easterby

Post by Rooster »

Before we all get too excited and blaming Bryn for the present mess is it not Nucibollocks should be getting the wrath of Ulster, he is the one who was picking McFarland and it is him who said they had a backup plan which we now see is Easterby.
As for GG and JD and Logan that was pronounced by D4 that they were all departing and wouldn't be surprised if others dispatched over the past season have not been their call as well, as for recruitment that all goes via Nucibollocks as well.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
allanddd
Novice

Post by allanddd »

Hopefully this is just sticking 2 fingers up to the SRU ...they don’t get the buy out they had hoped for and they have to pay McF .
What’s the alternative to a buy out other than interim help through Easterby , at least we will have a better coached set of forwards and an improved defence. Back play however and game plan could be a disaster.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:Before we all get too excited and blaming Bryn for the present mess is it not Nucibollocks should be getting the wrath of Ulster, he is the one who was picking McFarland and it is him who said they had a backup plan which we now see is Easterby.
As for GG and JD and Logan that was pronounced by D4 that they were all departing and wouldn't be surprised if others dispatched over the past season have not been their call as well, as for recruitment that all goes via Nucibollocks as well.

rooster... accept a lot of that GG, JD and Logan were all D4 calls and as for the next S&C Coach likely to be another from one or two already sounded out by Nucibollocks.. and yes Dan the Man is also undoubtedly a D4 signing as well and I doubt we did anything on that other than say thanks.. Should Bryn have kept his mouth shut.. YES
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

While Cunningham should have buttoned up the leak came from D4 to a favoured journalist.
We're from D4 and we are here to help you stands with the other great lies, the cheques in the post and of course I'll still love you in the morning darling.
Can it really get worse. I renewed my season ticket as i thought the crisis was over when Logan's departure was announced and the D4 cavalry was on its way.what a cool am i .
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

ColinM wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....
I'll be ready to move on when our backline reads:
9. R Pienaar
10. P Jackson
11. T Seymour
12 I Whitten
13 C Farrell
14 S Arnold
15 C Gilroy

and not a minute before.
Jeepers that would be some night out at Ollies!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

While Cunningham should have buttoned up the leak came from D4 to a favoured journalist.
We're from D4 and we are here to help you stands with the other great lies, the cheques in the post and of course I'll still love you in the morning darling.
Can it really get worse. I renewed my season ticket as i thought the crisis was over when Logan's departure was announced and the D4 cavalry was on its way.what a cool am i .
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Dave wrote:Easterby is not the problem.

The problem is: this looks to be confirmation that Dan won't be here until Jan. Also, Easterby's actual involvment seems vague, what happens during the AIs?
Easterby will provide lots of unseen coaching just as he did lots of unseen stuff as a player. I still don't understand how people can see the unseen work as, by definition, you can't actually see it. My feeling is that he did a lot of very high level bluffing.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Honest to god, they say it’s darkest before the dawn and I honestly can’t see how it could get any darker than this.

I had thought a ST might be an option again but here we are for the second time in a few years with a caretaker manager for half the season. Our HECcampaign will be all but over when Dan arrives. Farcical....
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

I’m tellin ya, it’s all planned out. Out of the HC by Jan, Dan comes in and he changes things up but it too late and we end up failing to make the HC cut for 19/20, we draw Perpignan and Brive in the Parker Pen - it’s about getting the boys back playing at Ravers. Praise be.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:Before we all get too excited and blaming Bryn for the present mess is it not Nucibollocks should be getting the wrath of Ulster, he is the one who was picking McFarland and it is him who said they had a backup plan which we now see is Easterby.

rooster... accept a lot of that GG, JD and Logan were all D4 calls and as for the next S&C Coach likely to be another from one or two already sounded out by Nucibollocks.. and yes Dan the Man is also undoubtedly a D4 signing as well and I doubt we did anything on that other than say thanks.. Should Bryn have kept his mouth shut.. YES
Bryn is far from blameless in this whole crapstorm of a year, but I don't think he said anything publicly that was out of order.
I thought at the time, that he was speaking to us, Ulster supporters and telling us that everything was in hand, just give it a couple of weeks.
Someone with inside knowledge let the name slip to a journalist and caused the furore. Could have been a second or third hand tip off, who knows.

Have we any reason to believe that Scotland would have released Dan any earlier if we had asked nicely?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:

The problem is: this looks to be confirmation that Dan won't be here until Jan. Also, Easterby's actual involvment seems vague, what happens during the AIs?
I’m positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too, it seems a classic ploy to tell brother Jock, just you work away lads and pay for two forwards coaches, we're sorted. In any event, will do no harm for our forwards in particular to get some of what Easterby has to offer, her very clearly knows his business.

I think we'll see Big Dan before too much longer. Jocks bluff has been called.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think the back play could be more sorted this year with Payne in the role along with Peel.

The major problem is a lack of decent cover across the backline

Bunny Boy as forwards coach is fine by me planning phases and set plays and to some extent the team selects its self until injury intervenes .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Columbo wrote:I thought I was a relatively glass half-full man, even up until the last few days but this is such a complete cluster****

We can't manage the complete basics of recruitment (understanding notice periods, negotiating releases/compensation, managing media announcements) - I mean this is basic threshold stuff for running a business. And this just a week or two after all the interviews about the IRFU stepping up to the plate and making long term decisions to put Ulster right blah blah.

This is such a bad idea, for so many reasons. If things go badly, he doesn't have to worry too much, because he doesn't have a lot of skin in the game, and he can basically go through the motions and hand the mess over to McFarland. If things go really well under Easterby, then you're disrupting a successful camp after a couple of months - and it creates a bit of a rod for McFarland's back. Regardless of whether things go well or badly, at the back of everyone's mind is the fact that change is coming (AGAIN) - he is basically a lame duck from day 1, and the players have another 6 months in limbo before the 'actual' head coach arrives.

Shambles.

PJ was screwed months ago - why the f*** have we not got a replacement signed up?
JD & GG were sacked what 6 weeks ago? Why was that not done on the last day of last season, and replacements in place for the start of pre-season?
Likewise for Logan - apparently the IRFU have known for months that they were sacking him, why haven't we a new man in situ for the start of the season?

And for McFarland, if he was so far ahead of the rest of the field that you want him and nobody else, talk to the SRU about what needs to happen to get him released, and get the fecking job done. Is there a clown emoji??
Here are a pair of clownshoes for you pal.
!cs1.jpg
!cs1.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 836 times
After that pile of whinging nonsense, stride about your house in these, get used to them and give Billy Smart a call. Nice raincoat by the way.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....
I'll be ready to move on when our backline reads:
9. R Pienaar
10. P Jackson
11. T Seymour
12 I Whitten
13 C Farrell
14 S Arnold
15 C Gilroy

and not a minute before.
I'd hate to see that backline, Arnold out, his thuggish attacks repeatedly on Leali'ifano closed the door on Arnold for me. Scumbeg.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

I’m positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too, it seems a classic ploy to tell brother Jock, just you work away lads and pay for two forwards coaches, we're sorted. In any event, will do no harm for our forwards in particular to get some of what Easterby has to offer, her very clearly knows his business.

I think we'll see Big Dan before too much longer. Jocks bluff has been called.
Great stuff, if true. They won't want Dan sniffing around their Scottish camps that close to the 6N.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?