Billy Burns

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Billy Burns

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Best backline in the EU.
:lol:

Outstanding.

Billy Burns - Good name. I feel a bit sorry for the poor fecker as he will never be Paddy so is onto a loser from the outset.
Yeah, just like Cooney was on to a loser from the outset. :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:
Cracker wrote:Clearly regarded very highly both as a rugby player and a person. Look at the comments on Gloucester Live. We are getting a good'un.
was noticing this. Also noticed a load of comments on twitter from non-Gloucester fans talking about it as a 'loss to England' etc.. Might be a bit OTT, but still might prove a great piece of business. I must confess I haven't seen a lot of him playing.
Pass no remarks.
Perfidious Albion is in a state of high emotion at the moment. Apparently someone is coming home, no idea who. Probably some chinless wonder.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

With George Ford sh!tting the bed every time someone gets in his face, its not exactly speaking volumes that BB never even got a look in as an option for the red rose at 10.

Not experienced enough to steady the ship, not young enough to have untapped potential.

Best of luck to him, but I think Bryn has made a balls of it. Again.

[Would have been better saying; "there is no one available out there that we are permitted to sign that can drastically improve our team, therefore we are going to give our two young talents the chance to develop into the top class 10 that we need."]

Like Jantjies? WTF?!? Thinking it was a good idea to even attempt to sign him is formal warning (for incompetence) territory in my books.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Best backline in the EU.
:lol:

Outstanding.

Billy Burns - Good name. I feel a bit sorry for the poor fecker as he will never be Paddy so is onto a loser from the outset.
Don't be a dunce Bogger, if he has the remotest quality about him he will soon be King Billy Burns and Orange Sashes will be the clothing of choice at Ravenhill, over Kappa trackies. Songs will burst from the terraces ........"We are, we are, we are the Billy Boys" as the FIRFUCs repent at leisure that they brought widespread sectarian hatred to Irish Rugby by their cowardice in the face of sponsor pressure and the disgraceful abandonment of two outstanding players in their refusal to face down the baying but transient mob of howling Bakeface harridans whose interest in rugby is probably now at an all-time low having cleansed it. :duh:

Meanwhile, Ulster will do as Ulster will, muddle through in a general mess but remain the poor mouth in the continuing cynical second-class status imposed by the actions if not the words of D4.

As for me, I shall remain entirely embittered by what the FIRFUCs have done to my team, aided and abetted by their CEO appointment and the selection of clowns masquerading as coaches over the last 6 years. I shall live out an existence unfulfilled by second-rate rugby, hating the country of my birth but given the sunny climate, I shall be appropriately old but beautiful and my colours they will be fine. :oman: No feckin' bowler hat mind you., I favour hats but something a little cooler, Barmah my favoured supplier.

Now fu'ck the entire FIRFUC supporting populace of this septic isle.

:thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Don't know him, but I know his Uncle Pete.

We are, we are, we are the Billy Burns.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Outraged that you had already stolen my thunder. >ESAD
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:With George Ford sh!tting the bed every time someone gets in his face, its not exactly speaking volumes that BB never even got a look in as an option for the red rose at 10.

Not experienced enough to steady the ship, not young enough to have untapped potential.

Best of luck to him, but I think Bryn has made a balls of it. Again.

[Would have been better saying; "there is no one available out there that we are permitted to sign that can drastically improve our team, therefore we are going to give our two young talents the chance to develop into the top class 10 that we need."]

Like Jantjies? WTF?!? Thinking it was a good idea to even attempt to sign him is formal warning (for incompetence) territory in my books.
When did Bryn pish in yer bovril? You appear to have a crazed hatred for him.
DWFinn
Novice

Post by DWFinn »

Predictable signing. After all the flutes and yoo-hoos on display and not a comdom in the house on that fateful night, the result was always going to be willy burns.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I'd have been happier had his initials been double D rather than double B.

Then again Mammaries McCall may have become annoyed.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hello hello we have the billy burns
Nice wee ditty there ...

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So many opportunities with a Billy.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So many opportunities with a Billy.
Ikea do a fantastic Billy range of furniture

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:When did Bryn pish in yer bovril? You appear to have a crazed hatred for him.
Not hatred. I just don't think he is actually in any way good at his job.

The one good signing we've made - Cooney - came because Cooney instigated it.

Maybe Addison from Sale will be useful - or Bryn is signing people under instruction.

I also find him feeling the need to talk about McFarland (even without naming him) at Thomond as immensely stupid - its caused us no small amount of trouble.

Where was Bryn before he took up his current role? Esportif/Cornerfleg. Does that not raise a few eyebrows?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote:
Yeah, just like Cooney was on to a loser from the outset. :roll:
Yerra I was responding to negativity on the thread a chara. Cooney had to win the fans over. Burns will have to do the same.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:When did Bryn pish in yer bovril? You appear to have a crazed hatred for him.
Not hatred. I just don't think he is actually in any way good at his job.

The one good signing we've made - Cooney - came because Cooney instigated it.

Maybe Addison from Sale will be useful - or Bryn is signing people under instruction.

I also find him feeling the need to talk about McFarland (even without naming him) at Thomond as immensely stupid - its caused us no small amount of trouble.

Where was Bryn before he took up his current role? Esportif/Cornerfleg. Does that not raise a few eyebrows?

My understanding is that FOLK and his coaches identified the players they wanted and Bryn negotiated to get them. Hond particular raised raging hardons when they saw the famous 17 minute video. Kiss and Clarke were hugely impressed.

I understand derstand that he no longer gets a byeball on signings since the sackings recently but if we think he is solely responsible even now, I think you underestimate the power of coaches.

Doubtless like me you may well have thought Rodders AhFFFS might be gassed, I'd guess McFarland thought otherwise.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Addison like Mike Haley down at My sterling has Nucifora's fingerprints all over it, would be surprised if Bryn had much at all to do with identifying him. Same for Burns, though perhaps not to the same extent.