New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: New CEO

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:Shirley one of those blimps could play loosehead?
The Hond would have seemed an obvious candidate but sadly not

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:Just think, we could relocate Ravenhill downwind by attaching to it the blimps of Mike Reid, Matt Williams, Mark Anscombe, David Humphreys, Neil Doak, Allen Clark, Shane Logan, Cecil Watson, David Nucifora, John Afoa, Charles Piutau, FOLK, the Complainant, the Bank of Ireland, Richard Finlay, BOD, Kearney twins, Luke Fitzgerald, the Hond and all the other Daves.
Image Image Image I guldered first then looked for and didn't see the name Browne, that fecktard needs a blimp of his own, he carries the stench of evil and leaves it in his wake.

I also thought we'd forgiven Charless? :D
Was guaranteed to miss one.

As for forgiving Charles, that would be a bit like moving......

Actually for Charles I blame whoever wouldn't let him come here early, if we had he might have given more of a feck

I was thinking more of his tweet when he left which appeared to be supportive of Paddy. Other than that, I have few to zero spare fecks for Charless.

It was a crap move that Nucibastard, I assume, would not allow him to come 6-8 months early, it would have meant he did get a taste for the joys of Lionelland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UR appear to be adapting the not being advertised CEO position..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

New CEO

Post by rumncoke »

Look "Cack" ( o) is auto corrected

An Open or Closed trawl for the post would make no difference .

All interview panels clone like minded incompetents -- it's an inbuilt failing of the system and as individual creativity of the post decreases the opportunity to clone increases .

Thus the odds that any appointed person meeting your approval must be extremely long .

Your post of disapproval of the successful candidate is awaited since the method of selection will not receive your approval .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:?
Might not be one
You mean direct rule from D4 Rooster?

No sign of the good doctor deciding he was coming back to save Ulster Rugby for the second time? I suppose not, as he's not done much over the sheugh yet, his job is unfinished...
Where is this rumour of Humphreys coming from? What credentials does David Humphreys have to be CEO of any company or indeed Ulster?

His current role of Director Of Rugby and previous are very different to a CEO. His education wouldn't lend to it either.
Someone suggested that we may not want/need a CEO.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:Just think, we could relocate Ravenhill downwind by attaching to it the blimps of Mike Reid, Matt Williams, Mark Anscombe, David Humphreys, Neil Doak, Allen Clark, Shane Logan, Cecil Watson, David Nucifora, John Afoa, Charles Piutau, FOLK, the Complainant, the Bank of Ireland, Richard Finlay, BOD, Kearney twins, Luke Fitzgerald, the Hond and all the other Daves.
Image Image Image I guldered first then looked for and didn't see the name Browne, that fecktard needs a blimp of his own, he carries the stench of evil and leaves it in his wake.

I also thought we'd forgiven Charless? :D
Was guaranteed to miss one.

As for forgiving Charles, that would be a bit like moving......

Actually for Charles I blame whoever wouldn't let him come here early, if we had he might have given more of a feck

I was thinking more of his tweet when he left which appeared to be supportive of Paddy. Other than that, I have few to zero spare fecks for Charless.

It was a crap move that Nucibastard, I assume, would not allow him to come 6-8 months early, it would have meant he did get a taste for the joys of Lionelland.
Touche - I shall remove Charless from the blimp order, and replace him with Toby Hedworth, Pip Browne, the other Pip, Tommy from Comber and Clive
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:?
Might not be one
You mean direct rule from D4 Rooster?

No sign of the good doctor deciding he was coming back to save Ulster Rugby for the second time? I suppose not, as he's not done much over the sheugh yet, his job is unfinished...
Where is this rumour of Humphreys coming from? What credentials does David Humphreys have to be CEO of any company or indeed Ulster?

His current role of Director Of Rugby and previous are very different to a CEO. His education wouldn't lend to it either.
Someone suggested that we may not want/need a CEO.
I'd live with direct rule from Rooster & a few well-chosen advisors.

At least a year ago I suggested that we need neither a CEO (Slogan style) nor a DOR, that elements of both jobs could be combined and the elements not required of a rugby oriented appointee could be delegated to a suitable penpusher at a quarter of the stipend of the previous pen-pushing self-aggrandising incumbent. At a stroke two substantial incomes reduced by the guts of 40-50%.

Some will read this and think, that man is a farsighted prophet. I'm sorry to disappoint but I have declined to throw my hat in the ring.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sound as a pound Colin, all worthy appointees. :thumleft: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

like it or not all professional rugby is now a business. So a CEO is essential. Not a "penpusher".
and so therfore is a DOR.
far sighted bollix.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Fortyniner wrote:like it or not all professional rugby is now a business. So a CEO is essential. Not a "penpusher".
far sighted bollix.
There is an argument that the CEO decisions are made at D4. Strategic long/medium term planning should be similar for all 4 provinces. And the IRFU's interest in the provinces is about strengthening their Ireland business.

Therefore is a CEO required in each province? 4 VPs in a COO role may be more appropriate.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

The fact is the CEO is a two headed beast at the moment . The Branch being the organisers of the amateur game , club - male and female and schools and all competitions .

Together with overview of the professional game .

To some extent the latter should be the least demanding with little input from the CEO other than the maximisation of any monies from D4.

The former the overview is by committees and basically has changed little of the years .

The truth is that growth in job functions and Staff in the Branch should mean the CEO should be able to sit and read the papers all day

Shate Logan went on the Free Meal Talking Circus .

Forgetting that he had a responsibility to protect his assets — his assets being the players —thereby showing he had no assets of his own .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

BR
possible, so long as there is some local autonomy in pursuing local deals and sponsorship........some of which is only interested in UR support. ( and I know the money goes there (d4) anyway, but it is about perception).
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Fortyniner wrote:BR
possible, so long as there is some local autonomy in pursuing local deals and sponsorship........some of which is only interested in UR support. ( and I know the money goes there (d4) anyway, but it is about perception).
local deals and sponsorship would not be the traditional role of a CEO. I accept that Ulster in particular will require individual attention with their relationship with Stormont for example, but that could still be led from Dublin with divisional management providing the local knowledge.

Obviously the amateur game would fit best into its own division(s),

I'm not suggesting this as a solution, in fact I'd prefer to see a much more federal IRFU, but it seems to make more sense than the current system if you were running the current version of Irish Rugby plc.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Fortyniner wrote:like it or not all professional rugby is now a business. So a CEO is essential. Not a "penpusher".
far sighted bollix.
There is an argument that the CEO decisions are made at D4. Strategic long/medium term planning should be similar for all 4 provinces. And the IRFU's interest in the provinces is about strengthening their Ireland business.

Therefore is a CEO required in each province? 4 VPs in a COO role may be more appropriate.
My thoughts as well BR, 1 CEO for Irish rugby is all that is required
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

BR wrote:
far sighted bollix.

I don't think there's any question about this - the "CEO" roles in the provinces are more in the nature of an Operations Director, reporting to group CEO in Dublin, responsible for implementing the IRFU board's strategic plan in the respective province.

That said, a good "CEO" will obviously look to fight his province's corner, and make sure he is selfish about his province's interests vis-a-vis the other provinces, etc etc - rather than blindly toeing the line. (While a bad "CEO" will be an utterly subservient yes-man, and will be walked all over)
..one more thing