New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New CEO

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Meeting CEO this week so will pass on our views and will try to get him to sign up to supporters forum..
Ask him to bring Paddy home as USAP are going down.

Paddy and going down in the same sentence.
If he doesn't envisage PJ or Stu returning then he can do one. I don't see why he wouldn't since even Nuciwank has said they can. It was Snake Logan with his made up beliefs that made such statements.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:as CEO is is there to lead and help the brand grow and be successful , I just don’t see Edinburgh being that,
They've managed to get the SRU to fork out for a new dedicated home. That'll mean instead of playing inside an empty soulless Murrayfield, where they can generate an atmosphere and make their supporters feel part of something (rather than a body filling 1 in 10 seats).
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Amiga500 wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:as CEO is is there to lead and help the brand grow and be successful , I just don’t see Edinburgh being that,
They've managed to get the SRU to fork out for a new dedicated home. That'll mean instead of playing inside an empty soulless Murrayfield, where they can generate an atmosphere and make their supporters feel part of something (rather than a body filling 1 in 10 seats).
Scottish Rugby driven not Edinburgh Rugby and to be used for other uses as well as training base for national team
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Scottish Rugby driven not Edinburgh Rugby and to be used for other uses as well as training base for national team
:scratch:

Ok then.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Dave, I don’t think Edinburgh Rugby has done anything earth shattering, and it’s not exactly Seattle Sea Hawks or Chelsea or Racing, so as I said I will see, as CEO is is there to lead and help the brand grow and be successful , I just don’t see Edinburgh being that, do you, anyway I am prepared to wait but, I don’t really think this was the best candidate, call me cynical.
He wasn't CEO at Edinburgh.

He was Senior Corporate Affairs & Commercial Operations Manager or something like that - there's a difference between a Senior Corporate Affairs & Commercial Operations Manager and a CEO ... possibly ... maybe ... allegedly ... or not ... who cares? :scratch:

Has he declared for world domination yet? :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He was managing director at Edinburgh, according to the reprorts I've read.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I like him
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Has he declared for world domination yet?
No!

No feckin ambition!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

FOJP
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Kofi Annan wrote:FOJP
His defensive system does seem like it’s taking time to bed in.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Amiga500 wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Scottish Rugby driven not Edinburgh Rugby and to be used for other uses as well as training base for national team

Ok then.
Ok then, i will sit back and make no further comment and will judge him on what he does. Jonny if your reading this some requests.
1. Get rid of the band
2.Get rid of treating the fans continually as idiots (except for HWM)
3. Make Ulster Great Again
4. Separate the amateurs on the Branch Committees from the PRO game
5. Fix the club game get the right people there, listen to the clubs not a few Subcommittee chairmen who only are serving themselves
6.Cut out the Branch freebies to away games
7.Stop hemorrhaging money on payouts to crap players or sacked staff
8.look at an alternative to eventsec
9. Address our PR issues
10. Bring back the South Belfast 2

that's all
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:

Ok then.
Ok then, i will sit back and make no further comment and will judge him on what he does. Jonny if your reading this some requests.
1. Get rid of the band
2.Get rid of treating the fans continually as idiots (except for HWM)
3. Make Ulster Great Again
4. Separate the amateurs on the Branch Committees from the PRO game
5. Fix the club game get the right people there, listen to the clubs not a few Subcommittee chairmen who only are serving themselves
6.Cut out the Branch freebies to away games
7.Stop hemorrhaging money on payouts to crap players or sacked staff
8.look at an alternative to eventsec
9. Address our PR issues
10. Bring back the South Belfast 2

that's all
If he sorts 10 then he will be excused most of the others for a year or two
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

10 leads to 3.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

As much as I disagreed with the decision to exile PJ and Olding I would hope that the CEO ensures that any decision on whether to bring them back (assuming of course they want to) is based purely on whatever is right for Ulster at the relevant time. They are both under contract for next season at their respective clubs and I would expect any moves would be for the 2020/2021 season. The only possible scenario for somethng earlier is USAP wanting to offload him because of the cost if they get relegated, but even then that may be a late season thing and depend on ulster’s finances and our strength or otherwise at 10.

I have no doubt both would strengthen the squad but ulster needs to be looking at where the finite cash resources would be best spent at the time. Signing Charles Piutau in isolation clearly strengthened the team but as many have said, it meant less cash resources (and in his case NIQ spots) for more pressing needs. Of course Paddy and Stu are Irish qualified and Ulstermen through and through which helps, but whatever the wrongs (in my opinion) of the decision in the first place, i want ulster to re-sign one or either of them because it is the right thing playing wise for both parties at the time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy should have a relegation release clause unless extremely poorly advised. I personally could not envisage any reason for Ulster not to re-sign two top quality players. The squad is threadbare as it is.