Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Post by Cockatrice »

Baggy.. 3-5 is being cautious but the signs are there but of course there are many talents that never fulfil their promise and at the moment we have some bright lights.. but time will tell.. take Kernaghan as one seemingly dismissed until recently and going nowhere but the bin then Dan seen enough to thrown him in.. he looked good but now must develop and push on.. another who I won’t mention is a player we have all seen and who could I am informed play for Ireland except that he is a plank and will more likely go the way of Best without reaching international status..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

We shall see about Kernohan, we've a number of lads who have come through, made a decent showing on the wing and promptly disappeared or not lived up to their initial promise. I'll admit I never saw anything in him up to these last couple of games.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

That’s no way to talk about 2MP
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

justinr73 wrote:That’s no way to talk about 2MP
Who does he play for these days?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

therealspratt wrote:
justinr73 wrote:That’s no way to talk about 2MP
Who does he play for these days?
Hinch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cockatrice wrote:In truth Dan the Man has come at a good time not just for us but for him also... we have effectively been dragged down towards the bottom of the barrel over the past few years as appointments made 12 plus months in advance came back to haunt us.. it bought the coach an extra year if not two/three (one appointed but not here, two being his first and three he now had his own coaching ticket for the first time) before we all realised that the world wide search (not once but twice) which placed Kiss as the greatest living coach in world rugby was little more than another BS line from the under qualified and thankfully departed CEO.

Our expectations are low so dan starts from a good place.. we also lack funding to make the big purchases and anyway apart from Saffer farmers would they come.. There is however now an underbelly of young talented players that from what I understand think different to the many that went before... once many had been accepted into the Academy they thought they were Ulster Players then they set about playing 2-3 games over the next five years as they honed their skill in the weights room and without a ball in sight.. walking around the coffee shops in their track suits impressing no one.

Now the talent is there and it will be in the next 3-5 years that it really starts to comes thru and as such Dan the Man is very much in the right place at the right time.... he will be excused the odd mistake here and there even an average season or two as these youngsters start to come through and show promise... Lets be clear here before in 3-5 years time Dan is hailed as the new Fergie lets give credit to those that are the ones behind this current revolution going forward.. Big Willie and Campbell have in a short space of time turned the Academy around... although from what I understand a certain ex CEO claims that revolution is down to one man and one man only...

Dan also sees the value in developing the young players as they will further enhance his own reputation and he too can see himself in a better place going forward.. So win win as long as we don't expect miracles overnight and as she club takes a little time to rid itself of the rubbish and try to extracts itself from the now powerful grip in place by D4.
He probably also spotted that Ulster won 13 out of 15 home games last season, scored more points than the super exciting Scarlets and the year before beat the Champions of the top 3 European leagues.

Throw low expectations and a clutch of youngsters into the mix and I agree that he has joined at a good time for him.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:In truth Dan the Man has come at a good time not just for us but for him also... we have effectively been dragged down towards the bottom of the barrel over the past few years as appointments made 12 plus months in advance came back to haunt us.. it bought the coach an extra year if not two/three (one appointed but not here, two being his first and three he now had his own coaching ticket for the first time) before we all realised that the world wide search (not once but twice) which placed Kiss as the greatest living coach in world rugby was little more than another BS line from the under qualified and thankfully departed CEO.

Our expectations are low so dan starts from a good place.. we also lack funding to make the big purchases and anyway apart from Saffer farmers would they come.. There is however now an underbelly of young talented players that from what I understand think different to the many that went before... once many had been accepted into the Academy they thought they were Ulster Players then they set about playing 2-3 games over the next five years as they honed their skill in the weights room and without a ball in sight.. walking around the coffee shops in their track suits impressing no one.

Now the talent is there and it will be in the next 3-5 years that it really starts to comes thru and as such Dan the Man is very much in the right place at the right time.... he will be excused the odd mistake here and there even an average season or two as these youngsters start to come through and show promise... Lets be clear here before in 3-5 years time Dan is hailed as the new Fergie lets give credit to those that are the ones behind this current revolution going forward.. Big Willie and Campbell have in a short space of time turned the Academy around... although from what I understand a certain ex CEO claims that revolution is down to one man and one man only...

Dan also sees the value in developing the young players as they will further enhance his own reputation and he too can see himself in a better place going forward.. So win win as long as we don't expect miracles overnight and as she club takes a little time to rid itself of the rubbish and try to extracts itself from the now powerful grip in place by D4.
Would it have been Bryn who looked under the stairs and in unused cupboards for the extra funding to make the academy the success it is starting to show under Naz and Willie or did a former CEO decide that as well ?
Hope whoever is caretaker boss at present has a sound business head on him and realises that you have to invest at the bottom to make success at the top.
Not many of those types around and I hope it is one of 3 people I would offer the job to, yes it's well below their payscale but it is similar to Dan in the coach job, things are looking low but a bit of forward long term thinking and there is room for a successful turn around.
Some men are not in CEO jobs for the money but are there for the challenge I hope for a change we get one of the challenge variety.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster ... the current stand in is probably better qualified than any currently being short listed although I don’t want to do them a disservice as I doubt we will make the same mistake and appoint another underqualifed BS er..

I remain amazed how he managed 75,000 employees at BP then how he changed both sex and name to become CEO of a National Charity.. my one fear for now the cabal remain and if I could ever get the ear of the current stand in CEO I would tell him to get rid before you close the door and move on.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Shame Cave didn't look to pass back inside rather than go for the pass to Speight which was knocked down. With Caves vision and decision making I'm surprised he didn't make the correct call.
I think the stumble did it for him. By the time he found his feet, with the oncoming full back he knew if he glanced right and there was no one on, then he'd be in the middle of getting smashed and have to take it to ground.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:Hope whoever is caretaker boss at present has a sound business head on him and realises that you have to invest at the bottom to make success at the top.
If you don't have solid foundations then any kinda adversity could topple the whole thing[1].

If you do, then even if it goes to crap, then you don't have to drop too far before building back up[2].

[1]Saracens if Wray leaves.

[2]Leinster when they got shot of MOC.