UBL 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: UBL 2018/19

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:Any Hinch supporters know how ROD got on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well seems he bagged himself 2 tries, though that's only the second most given Richard Reaney got 3.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

therealspratt wrote:

Well seems he bagged himself 2 tries, though that's only the second most given Richard Reaney got 3.
Decent. Did you watch the game?

The King is dead. Long live the King.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Nah just following by the IRFU's results roundup. The reviews I've seen of him so far this season have been very good.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Nah just following by the IRFU's results roundup. The reviews I've seen of him so far this season have been very good.
Who would of thought that!!

Shananhan, Stewart, Stronge and Curtis ahead of him is just laughable.

People who think Lowry is quality will be happy to know that ROD is in the same class.

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

People who think Lowry is quality will be happy to know that ROD is in the same class.

Indeed, and he's always going to be the case I'll hold against the current academy management. He and Lowry would be a top class pairing as they were at school.

I do wonder whether ROD will have to move away to fulfil his potential.
Last edited by therealspratt on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Only happy to know it if there is a route available to him to fulfil his potential.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

kingofthehill wrote:People who think Lowry is quality will be happy to know that ROD is in the same class.
wow! Big call KOTH! I have just seen him the once, came on as sub last year away to Bann when Hinch were being given a bit of a shoeing, he made one good break and chipped through and I remember he was strikingly fast - another parallel with Lowry however is his tiny-ness... Must go along and catch a Hinch game - has he displaced Cairns then?
..one more thing
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Columbo wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:People who think Lowry is quality will be happy to know that ROD is in the same class.
wow! Big call KOTH! I have just seen him the once, came on as sub last year away to Bann when Hinch were being given a bit of a shoeing, he made one good break and chipped through and I remember he was strikingly fast - another parallel with Lowry however is his tiny-ness... Must go along and catch a Hinch game - has he displaced Cairns then?
Seemingly so, Cairns has been on the wing for them and himself starting at 9.

To be fair to Campbell et al, he is in the sub academy I believe.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Anyone at Hinch /Bann?

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:Anyone at Hinch /Bann?

Not me but by the look of it Ballymena are heading for 2A next season unless things turn quickly
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Looks like Hond didn’t play for Banbridge. Wonder what he did (or didn’t do) to get dropped.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bart S wrote:Looks like Hond didn’t play for Banbridge. Wonder what he did (or didn’t do) to get dropped.
Sheep broke out this morning, he was rounding them up
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:Looks like Hond didn’t play for Banbridge. Wonder what he did (or didn’t do) to get dropped.
Sheep broke out this morning, he was rounding them up
He was 24th man at Scarlets, should've been made swim home.

From the team sheets Banbridge had no Ulster players, Hinch had Nelson and McPhillips based on scorers. Is Boomer still in Academy?

Rhyss O'Donnell scores again.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Was at match which was well attended including by members of the Ulster Academy coaching staff.

Overall it wasn't a great match with 2 evenly matched teams largely cancelling each other out. Bann could have won it at the death when they scored a try on 79 minutes but the conversion was missed , albeit it was from near the touchline.

Kyle McCall played 80 mins at Tighthead as opposed to his usual Ulster position of Loosehead, but this may have been to suit Hinch team requirements.

McPhilips played second half for Hinch and Nelson played the full 80.

This was the first time I had seen Rhys O'Donnell play. He spotted a hole in the Bann defence around a maul and sprinted in for a good try from the Bann 10 metre line. His passing was good and his box kicking was mostly effective. I know it was an AIL match but O'Donnell didn't seem any worse, but not significantly better , than Shannahan or Stewart.

The one player who stood out for me was none of the aforementioned; rather it was the Bann centre Morrison who was excellent, especially in attack, where his strong and elusive running posed problems every time he had the ball. I know nothing about him or whether he was ever approached to be in '' the Ulster set-up', but to my mind Ulster have paid money to a lot worst!!!
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tighthead Prod wrote:

Was at match which was well attended including by members of the Ulster Academy coaching staff.

Overall it wasn't a great match with 2 evenly matched teams largely cancelling each other out. Bann could have won it at the death when they scored a try on 79 minutes but the conversion was missed , albeit it was from near the touchline.

Kyle McCall played 80 mins at Tighthead as opposed to his usual Ulster position of Loosehead, but this may have been to suit Hinch team requirements.

McPhilips played second half for Hinch and Nelson played the full 80.

This was the first time I had seen Rhys O'Donnell play. He spotted a hole in the Bann defence around a maul and sprinted in for a good try from the Bann 10 metre line. His passing was good and his box kicking was mostly effective. I know it was an AIL match but O'Donnell didn't seem any worse, but not significantly better , than Shannahan or Stewart.

The one player who stood out for me was none of the aforementioned; rather it was the Bann centre Morrison who was excellent, especially in attack, where his strong and elusive running posed problems every time he had the ball. I know nothing about him or whether he was ever approached to be in '' the Ulster set-up', but to my mind Ulster have paid money to a lot worst!!!
To my knowledge he is not in the system nor been approached

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk