ECB moves on quick....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: ECB moves on quick....

Post by Liz Fraser »

Ben Stokes is as guilty of affray as he is of rape in the eyes of the law.
The same with Jackson and Olding who are no more guilty of affray than rape.
The big difference is one gets to go back to normal whist the others are exiled.

If the Irf fu and Ulster branch had continued to select the lads throughout the accusations until the trial and been immediately been reinstalled the day after the verdict there is no question in my mind that things would have been back to normal by the end of the season.

When the lobbyists feel that they are being adhered to that opens Pandoras box.
However when they realise that all their huff and puff won't blow your house in they tend to move on to the next fortunate.
They find it a tad easier to move on than the people left with the flotsam.
Last edited by Liz Fraser on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
I thought it was more common for feminist activists to support those accused of public order offences.
They will back the female.
So the co-accused in this (hypothetically altered) case?

No affray. All those charged walk free.
I'm not referring to the case or verdict but the so called public outcry that follows.
We all know if Stokes had been videoed in a punch-up with a woman, there would have been a greater outcry and the result of the trial would have been the least if his worries. His image would have been irreplaceably damaged and he'd probably have to go and play cricket in India.
At the same time if he had killed the bloke he would have been on a manslaughter charge.
It didn't happen so best stick to what did and the fact he was not guilty.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Didn't follow the whole case but I thought it interesting that given the references made in court to the incident with the gay fellows outside and which the bouncer/doorman give evidence that the two gay men did not in fact give any evidence to the court... ended the one on TV last night said he also stood and witnessed the fight until it got that bad he felt sick and walked off... say didn't follow it but don't know what he wasn't charged with AOABH or GBH.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:Didn't follow the whole case but I thought it interesting that given the references made in court to the incident with the gay fellows outside and which the bouncer/doorman give evidence that the two gay men did not in fact give any evidence to the court... ended the one on TV last night said he also stood and witnessed the fight until it got that bad he felt sick and walked off... say didn't follow it but don't know what he wasn't charged with AOABH or GBH.
Because neither Ali nor Hale were pursuing a complaint. (Given their questionable actions in the lead up, it may not have been in their best interests).

Therefore 'assault' was not a viable option and all 3 were charged with affray. Why the prosecution did not call the couple who witnessed it, we probably won't know, but it maybe that their appreciation of Stokes's actions would not have made them great witnesses against him.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The only difference between PJ and Stokesy was that Stokes actually did use his fist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's savage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Will be interesting to see what the ECB’s own review determines over the coming weeks about bringing the game into disrepute etc.

Whilst he was cleared of all charges and has “suffered” financially from missing the Ashes I would imagine there will be some pressure to ensure that something further is done, as he has undoubtedly tarnished the image of the game when the ECB already has a tough challenge marketing it. I would expect at least a final warning and requirement to attend some kind of anger management or alcohol abuse related programme.

Similar to PJ and Olding I get the notion of being cleared by the law, but also understand damage to the game/brand etc. I still think banning PJ and Olding until the end of last season and some work with domestic abuse victims or whatever and gender equality training would have put the IRFU on the front foot in terms of being seen to tackle the issue, without going to the extremes they did, which has now set a dangerous precedent.

I don’t hear anyone baying for Stokes to be banned further by England and indeed no one seems to have batted an eyelid at him being recalled to the side for the third test this weekend. I do however hear people saying that the enquiry by the ECB should still be done properly even though he was cleared of the charges and that is of course right.

The IRFU either got caught on the back foot or got on the front foot but with an ill judged strategy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's now officially worse to write 'there was a lot of spit' on a private encrypted message than assault a female police officer while resisting arrest.

#FIRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I once kissed a female Police officer whilst she was on duty. She loved it. Mind you it was pre PSNI days .
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tender wrote:I once kissed a female Police officer whilst she was on duty. She loved it. Mind you it was pre PSNI days .
Like proper tongues or just a peck on the cheek?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:Will be interesting to see what the ECB’s own review determines over the coming weeks about bringing the game into disrepute etc.

Whilst he was cleared of all charges and has “suffered” financially from missing the Ashes I would imagine there will be some pressure to ensure that something further is done, as he has undoubtedly tarnished the image of the game when the ECB already has a tough challenge marketing it. I would expect at least a final warning and requirement to attend some kind of anger management or alcohol abuse related programme.

Similar to PJ and Olding I get the notion of being cleared by the law, but also understand damage to the game/brand etc. I still think banning PJ and Olding until the end of last season and some work with domestic abuse victims or whatever and gender equality training would have put the IRFU on the front foot in terms of being seen to tackle the issue, without going to the extremes they did, which has now set a dangerous precedent.

I don’t hear anyone baying for Stokes to be banned further by England and indeed no one seems to have batted an eyelid at him being recalled to the side for the third test this weekend. I do however hear people saying that the enquiry by the ECB should still be done properly even though he was cleared of the charges and that is of course right.

The IRFU either got caught on the back foot or got on the front foot but with an ill judged strategy.
FFFS, in what way has he done that? Have you heard a single soul saying, "Mind out for those cricketing types, they'll knock out spark out if you give them half a chance".

This bringing the game shyte is lazy ballix. People bring themselves into disrepute, not their game or profession. If sports weren't policed by very dumbfucks the charge such as Stokes would face within their game's disciplinary ranks would be changed to "Behaving like a Warren Gatland." Hence, Danny Cipriani would have been fined £2000 by Glaws for Warren Gatland, known from that date onwards as a Warren Gatland and warned against future acting in the manner of a Warren Gatland.

Paddy & Wee Stu were sacked for a bit of fingering and having their wabs blown. Oh aye and for being wee cheeky mouthed boys.
Funny old world eh? Do you see me laughing? Well, do you punk?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Worse Glaws can say that Cipriani was actual representing the club while the club was in Jersey .

PJ and SO were on their own time after returning from tour with Ireland --a B & B (brew and blowjob ) on their Holidays .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Speaking of naughty boys; any ideas when Dylan Fartley, captain of the Lionels and the Leroys, is booked in for his first red card of the season?
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:Will be interesting to see what the ECB’s own review determines over the coming weeks about bringing the game into disrepute etc.

FFFS, in what way has he done that? Have you heard a single soul saying, "Mind out for those cricketing types, they'll knock out spark out if you give them half a chance".

This bringing the game shyte is lazy ballix. People bring themselves into disrepute, not their game or profession. If sports weren't policed by very dumbfucks the charge such as Stokes would face within their game's disciplinary ranks would be changed to "Behaving like a Warren Gatland." Hence, Danny Cipriani would have been fined £2000 by Glaws for Warren Gatland, known from that date onwards as a Warren Gatland and warned against future acting in the manner of a Warren Gatland.

Paddy & Wee Stu were sacked for a bit of fingering and having their wabs blown. Oh aye and for being wee cheeky mouthed boys.
Funny old world eh? Do you see me laughing? Well, do you punk?
Well said Bagster but I will take exception to Paddy being foul mouthed.
Still can't seem to understand why people can't grasp that his only contributions to the wassap messages was to say "there was a lot of spit roast last night"
A little bit crude at worst but an accurate depiction of what went on.
No mention of rape or sluts or legends but a term for a sexual act.
To say this in any way denigrates women is to say that sex denigrates women.
Most idiots still don't know that was his sole contribution and the media certainly didn't help in that regard.
Bear in mind this was on a private wassap group I think it could be considered tame compared to what he could have said especially considering the goading that went on.
It's this one bit of misconception that winds me up more than anything as it's fairly common knowledge he was hung out to dry because of his attitudes towards women relating to these texts.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy did NOT write that.