Ulster v Leicester

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Leicester

Post by mid ulster maestro »

That and how to tackle without losing yer head.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:Wrong. At school we were shown how to spin the ball as we passed it. We were shown how far in front of our teammates to pass the ball. We were shown the dangers of high looping passes etc
Aye, but what about the "wet ball"?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I rewatched the game and it really struck me how immense Hendo was. He is a freakishly strong individual. Late on in the game when Leicester were attacking he tackled Heyes, their replacement prop. Hendo then gets to his feet again and picks the guy up. As a result, Heyes drops the ball and we turn it over. The subsequent counter attack may have resulted in a try if Gilroy had passed inside.

It's little things like this that you can miss while at the game.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yep, but it’s not easy unwrapping those Wurthers without spilling yer pint. Add that to getting out of yer seat to let some plonker past to go to the toilet, get more beer, or more grub to shove into their pie holes. Then we gotta let them back in.
If you can’t hold yer bladder for 40 minutes, don’t feckin drink four pints in each feckin half. Eat something wholesome before going to the game. Even if it’s only soup and a sandwich, it’ll have way more nutritional value than any of the shyte served up in ‘The Food Village’
If you can’t be in yer seat by kick-off...stay at feckin home. If you wanna drink, go to a feckin bar and watch the game on the tellybox.
I haven’t meditated today.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

So maybe the coach makes them practice (I know it's a revolutionary thought) and work on positioning and angles to enable them to catch the ball more easily?

Maybe he soaks his balls before each session too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Tender wrote:Yep, but it’s not easy unwrapping those Wurthers without spilling yer pint. Add that to getting out of yer seat to let some plonker past to go to the toilet, get more beer, or more grub to shove into their pie holes. Then we gotta let them back in.
If you can’t hold yer bladder for 40 minutes, don’t feckin drink four pints in each feckin half. Eat something wholesome before going to the game. Even if it’s only soup and a sandwich, it’ll have way more nutritional value than any of the shyte served up in ‘The Food Village’
If you can’t be in yer seat by kick-off...stay at feckin home. If you wanna drink, go to a feckin bar and watch the game on the tellybox.
I haven’t meditated today.
Oh yes!
We are going the American way where the eating and drinking is the main reason for being there for a lot of folk, and whatever goes on in in the middle ( baseball, American football) is incidental. Test cricket in England in particular going the same way.
How about no food or drink in any of the stands for a start?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Must remember not to eat or drink during the next Test I attend. I did the whole 5 days in Cape Town a couple of years ago. I’d have lost a few pounds for sure. And possibly been hospitalised with dehydration.

Rather than take the Draconian steps you suggest, why don’t we just reserve a couple of rows of seats for miserable old people?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I lol at people coming back 15 mins into the second half with a crepe. It's hardly worth the wait.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:I lol at people coming back 15 mins into the second half with a crepe. It's hardly worth the wait.

I tend to leave mine in trap 2 at half time
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Amiga500 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Re the Pen Try. Haven't seen the match on TV. Would he have been in if Ford was removed from the equation? Thought so at the time.
Yeah, he would aye.

Was shouting for it on the Terrace - no surprise that the ref never heard me >burp
Looked like he was going to ground before Ford’s 3 foot high tackle.