RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th Oct KO:18.30 TV: BT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th Oct KO:18.30 TV: BT

Post by Dave »

UR wrote:John Cooney sustained an AC joint injury during the game and his fitness will be assessed throughout this week in advance of Saturday’s fixture versus Racing 92.

Angus Curtis sustained a concussion in the same game and his recovery will be monitored by the medical team.
wee dave vs Racing???
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Re: RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th OctKO:18.30 TV: BT

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dave wrote:
UR wrote:John Cooney sustained an AC joint injury during the game and his fitness will be assessed throughout this week in advance of Saturday’s fixture versus Racing 92.

Angus Curtis sustained a concussion in the same game and his recovery will be monitored by the medical team.
wee dave vs Racing???
Looks like it...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:

wee dave vs Racing???
Looks like it...
Let's face it. It doesn't really matter.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Racing are 2-2 at home this:

17-40 L v Clermont
59-7 W v Agen
27-11 W v Castres
13-19 L v Lyon

You can read what you want into those results. From an Ulster pov, a loss gaining a LBP or 4 try BP with Racing not getting the 4 tries would be a decent outcome. Whether it will happen is another matter.

And it's 6:30pm Paris Time for KO on Saturday >EW
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Racing not getting the four tries in the first 30minutes would be a result with WeeD serving up slowloops.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Tender wrote:Racing not getting the four tries in the first 30minutes would be a result with WeeD serving up slowloops.
Actually I think passing is the one thing that Shanners does reasonably well. He’ll need proper protection (which is unlikely against Racing) and his box-kicking is suspect. Burns will need to take far more responsibility for game management, which I’m anxious about.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: RACING 92 V ULSTER Saturday 20th Oct KO:18.30 TV: BT

Post by Deraless »

Billy had a hamstring niggle but I assume he has not been mentioned in dispatches.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:

wee dave vs Racing???
Looks like it...
I would also suggest Billy Burns, Henderson, McCloskey, Stockdale Coetzee and Best have slight injuries and would be better kept at home with a mug of hot chocolate and a pair of slippers by the fireside.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Dave wrote:

wee dave vs Racing???
Smoke and mirrors
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marty is doing the presser so nailed on to start.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:

wee dave vs Racing???
Looks like it...
I would also suggest Billy Burns, Henderson, McCloskey, Stockdale Coetzee and Best have slight injuries and would be better kept at home with a mug of hot chocolate and a pair of slippers by the fireside.
Absolutely, I was thinking the A team have won 4 in a row, 3 away from home, I'd send as many as are registered. Sending those guys would be a mistake.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ulster should look to come away with a point from this one. Go for the corners with their penalties and see if they can come away with 4 tries.

And if Racing get a couple of early scores then may as well let them wrap it up by half time as they will then switch off defensively and give us a sniff of 4 tries.

One of the things kiss should have been thinking of away to La Rochelle at the same stage last season.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Careful Bart..you’ve just used ‘thinking and ‘Kiss’ is that sentence.
Then again, we all know the trouble that can happen when we Kiss someone without thinking...

What The Doorman Saw...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

One of the ways Kiss really annoyed me was his decision to pick and choose which matches he was going to "throw". Now it seems to be happening again. The best available team should be sent to Paris and for a number of reasons.

1. A bonus point, of whatever sort, might just keep us right in the group contention to the very end.
2. Lots of fans are spending lots of cash travelling over to Paris to support Ulster in what, in spite of English selfishness, is still a top-class tournament. Maintaining your reputation is something not to be forgotten about
3.Maybe it's because of my football connections, but I believe sending a weakened team to play against a top team ,just because you think you're going to lose anyway, is a complete denial of what competitive sport is about. What's the point in even entering a competition if you're not going to give it your best shot?
4. We have 6 matches to play in the effort to reach the Heiny knock-out stage. How many are there in the Pro 14? Each Heiny game is clearly more valuable than a Pro 14 one. Yet the call is to send the stiffs to play against Racing and the stars to play against Dragons. Sorry, can't figure that one out...
5.Finally, is it really acceptable to suffer another 60 point mauling? Would this benefit the kids in any way? Or may it not destroy their confidence completely? And please don't try the one about their learning from the experience...rugby and football aren't that much different!

Of course, we shouldn't play any one injured, but to hide and protect our best players so they can play at home to the Dragons the following week seems strange. And anyway, are we not protecting some of them for Ireland's benefit rather than our own?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He would have Billy Burns at 13.