Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

colind wrote:My first meeting with Jack Kyle was an a URSC meeting a number of years back. During our conversation he mentioned that he'd lost most of his memorabilia many years previously in a house fire.
It was a burglary he lost most of his memorabilia in, but yes, a very polite and humble man.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

kingofthehill wrote:Like I have saying for a long time. He’s a star but let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet.

When will the others I have mentioned come through. Only a matter of time if all goes to plan!
you're quite right.. Interesting, last week when the Ulster team was announced a Welsh rugby journalist tweeted something to the effect of "Oh dear Dragons watch out, strong Ulster side.." and then proceeded to list a number of players McCloskey, Coetzee, Best, Henderson etc, and included in the list was Lowry!! The guy only had 2 starts, but already he seems to have caught the eye of non-Ulster fans (I must say one thing that made me laugh about the Zebo incident was the fact that Zebo offered him his shirt afterwards - I was thinking er.. thanks pal, and next year Mike can give you one of his Ireland jerseys for your wall!)

Also interesting, I saw in an interview last week he was very clear that his preferred position was 10 - I must say I love him at 15, but he looks like he'll be a joy to watch anywhere on the park..
..one more thing
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

A few months ago some of us suggested that Lowry may fill the void left by Paddy.. some on here doubted that but now after two games at 15 we are comparing him to possibly the greatest Irish player ever.... let’s get a grip he has all that is needed to make it and I think for one he will..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Oh my lord, we have gone native. Men, and persons of many genders, wise the fûck up.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Columbo wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Like I have saying for a long time. He’s a star but let’s not get ahead of ourselves yet.

When will the others I have mentioned come through. Only a matter of time if all goes to plan!
you're quite right.. Interesting, last week when the Ulster team was announced a Welsh rugby journalist tweeted something to the effect of "Oh dear Dragons watch out, strong Ulster side.." and then proceeded to list a number of players McCloskey, Coetzee, Best, Henderson etc, and included in the list was Lowry!! The guy only had 2 starts, but already he seems to have caught the eye of non-Ulster fans (I must say one thing that made me laugh about the Zebo incident was the fact that Zebo offered him his shirt afterwards - I was thinking er.. thanks pal, and next year Mike can give you one of his Ireland jerseys for your wall!)

Also interesting, I saw in an interview last week he was very clear that his preferred position was 10 - I must say I love him at 15, but he looks like he'll be a joy to watch anywhere on the park..
I heard Lowry took it cos they were running a bit short of papier toilette in the changing room.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Kofi Annan wrote:Oh my lord, we have gone native. Men, and persons of many genders, wise the fûck up.
It’s like a “Chuck Norris facts” thread.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

This thread is a Munsterfans production -- the lad shows promises but as stated previously -- I fear against the physical teams his size might be a draw back -- for a team like New Zealand he wears a target for to-day sign -- they wouldn't kick to him just run at him especially if playing 10.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

He’s an opposition penalty machine. In the current climate, some players will have to be on their knees to tackle him.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:This thread is a Munsterfans production -- the lad shows promises but as stated previously -- I fear against the physical teams his size might be a draw back -- for a team like New Zealand he wears a target for to-day sign -- they wouldn't kick to him just run at him especially if playing 10.
222toHounslow wrote:He’s an opposition penalty machine. In the current climate, some players will have to be on their knees to tackle him.
Now FFFS Ron'n, listen to the man would ye, you may remain blissfully unaware but in the words of the song, a change is gonna come. Never in the course of rugby history has player protection been such an issue and as 222 says, low centre of gravity is going to wreck big lads heads.

I see Thornley writing today that red cards are a small price to pay for player's health & long-term safety, he's right. The day of the shortarse is on its way back, bigger is better is very much on the line, big fat and slow is going to become a handicap.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't mind me asking, who are the others you have mentioned? Always interested in the next wave of talented Ulstermen coming through.

Thanks
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Windeos wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, who are the others you have mentioned? Always interested in the next wave of talented Ulstermen coming through.

Thanks
Have you watched any A games ,school or age grade rugby, even the bloody Junior Ulster team , Surpringly that’s were it starts . KOH dont tell them.
Available for weddings May to August only
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Some of us are no longer permitted to watch schoolboy rugby...

Remember the hype surrounding Lyttle a couple of seasons ago?

Some here, need to put their skiddies in the tumble drier (not a drying day) and get a hold of themselves.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Lyttle has the talent, his injury record is the problem.

He'd be a huge asset to the 1st XV currently.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Windeos wrote:

Thanks
I believe young Agnew will be a star.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

222toHounslow wrote:He’s an opposition penalty machine. In the current climate, some players will have to be on their knees to tackle him.
yes, this was always another benefit of Stu Olding, he was good for a couple of high tackle pens a match because he was so short!
..one more thing