Warren Gatland of the Week, V1.2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Warren Gatland of the Week V1.2

Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Coleraine RFC
74%
Grainne Crabtree
13%
FIRFU - Ulster Branch
13%

Total votes: 23

Bogbunny
Initiate

Re: Warren Gatland of the Week, V1.2

Post by Bogbunny »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Won’t work, equality.
A private members club can do what the members decide surely?
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Bogbunny wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Won’t work, equality.
A private members club can do what the members decide surely?
Is a rugby club a private members club, it’s all got ridiculous, it’s the same at golf cubs they want full membership but don’t want to pay the same as male members, no if you want the same , pay the fecking same.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

There was a time when even rugby women could go on tour and behave as bad as the men... now some of those same women are the first to make a complaint over a dinner joke.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Surely women's teams should be competing against men's.teams. Let's take it to the logical conclusion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Deraless wrote:Surely women's teams should be competing against men's.teams. Let's take it to the logical conclusion.

Logically, complete equality seems to demand this but, in our hearts, we know that it can't and shouldn't happen. But what's the logical argument that expects complete equality but also expects unfair competition like this to be outlawed? There must be one.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

solidarity wrote:
Deraless wrote:Surely women's teams should be competing against men's.teams. Let's take it to the logical conclusion.

Logically, complete equality seems to demand this but, in our hearts, we know that it can't and shouldn't happen. But what's the logical argument that expects complete equality but also expects unfair competition like this to be outlawed? There must be one.

Would you expect a bantamweight boxer to get into the ring against a heavyweight boxer?

As for the incident at Cooke, I enjoy a non pc joke as much as the next guy but I've had it first hand from those there that it was absolute cringe..... you could of heard a pin drop when punch lines were delivered.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
solidarity wrote:

Would you expect a bantamweight boxer to get into the ring against a heavyweight boxer?

As for the incident at Cooke, I enjoy a non pc joke as much as the next guy but I've had it first hand from those there that it was absolute cringe..... you could of heard a pin drop when punch lines were delivered.
I want to hear/see the material.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
solidarity wrote:

I would expect a female bantam weight to fight a male bantam weight.*

*assuming you first standardize the weight divisions.

The logical conclusion is not male v female teams, it is simply teams v teams, like at Under 11.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

https://cycling.today/transgender-cycli ... pionships/

I am going to self identify as Michelle and play for Cooke ladies, I wonder how long it will be before they throw me out of the changing rooms .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If woman played men — it wouldn’t be called —- a ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Wow, it appears I've stumbled into the 1970s...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:Wow, it appears I've stumbled into the 1970s...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I thought it was just me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Kofi Annan wrote:https://cycling.today/transgender-cycli ... pionships/

I am going to self identify as Michelle and play for Cooke ladies, I wonder how long it will be before they throw me out of the changing rooms .
It sounds crazy but then you see shìt like this!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... -sexually/

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I accept that the sporting authorities impose all sorts of additional conditions on competitors (eg testosterone levels), but is it a completely 1970s attitude to base qualification for female events on sex, rather than gender?

OK there may be some very specific medical conditions which require a exception, but for most people, surely that would be fair?

Or go equestrian and forget about women's variants of sport altogether. Although what would BBC show on TV then?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The Paralympics and Special Olympics go to some lengths to attempt to categorise different disabilities. And still people attempt to cheat the system.

Surely the fairest would be for a separate transgender category in other events? The transgender cyclist stating that it's legit because she trains hard is a red herring. Individuals born male or female are structurally and physiologically different. If I was a female sprinter and Usain Bolt turned round tomorrow and identified as female I'm not sure I would be best pleased.