The UR Board

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

barney
Red Hand Ambassador

The UR Board

Post by barney »

I can't imagine what fans of other teams who stumble across the UR message board must make of it. I was cringing as I made my way through the "URSC sucks" thread in particular.

I'm all for constructive debate but it's gone beyond a joke over there.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

as one that contributed to it I have to agree with you but then I do see the good in the URSC.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

It was the overall tone of the board, and that thread in particular, that really suprised me. Whether posters are for or against the URSC (and I'm happy that I get value for my money) is fair enough as long as there's a bit of maturity about the debate.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I was surprised that one or two see the URSC is such bad light in fact they actually despised the teams own supporters group. The club is for everyone and hopefully this year if they can continue on the back of getting some things going last year you will see more benefits in the future.

An evening with Harrison, Boss & Fitzy should be a good start to the season for members only of course.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A lot of toys getting thrown about over there :shock: you need to watch out CT or you could get hit by a stray rattle or barbie doll. :lol:
On the serious side though CT you have stuck by your thoughts, and rightly so, but some of the crap that has been directed at you is very immature to say the least and is coming from people who do not seem to be able to have a sensible debate about anything.
And some people thought we were all childish over here not all that long ago, at least there was a bit of humour in most of our wanderings :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

It does make me smile a bit especially when the precedsor of this MB got so much bad press for going off topic. But there you go.

Colin :twisted:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

rubbish moderating!!!! thats wot i think!!!! :lol: 8)
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

no moderating I would suggest note recent post which was a job advert for clubs looking a players agent in NZ?

Rooster big enough to take the hits although do try and avoid when possible simply putting my view across. Strange that putting one views on a messageboard should be considered as hounding people off it. The same ones appear to simply attack posters and refuse to answer queries or put their points across.

Fermain I would say that certain posters on the other site would not be allowed to continue in the manner they on this one. To simply come on and personally attack people whilst making no contribution to the post is a regular occurence there.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Agree with the "no moderating" comment, there have been several posts and posters who should have been removed from that board for various reasons, I'm sure you know who and what I am referring to.
Someone posted about how much executive time was being wasted moderating the board, I would suggest not nearly enough :shock: I rarely post over there at all now and have no real desire to do so as the entire board is turning into a farce.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

That is what you get when you put the lunatics in charge of the asylum.

Colin :twisted:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Don't really even bother to follow the threads on the dark side as I can get all the good neatured debate I need here... :lol: :P
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

thon dark side messageboard is a pile of pap... :shock:

always amuses me the banter and good natured debate that prevails on this board. don't think there's been a word exchanged in anger on here... :roll:

fermain, pererhaps we can change the colour scheme to pink and have some flowers adorning the board?

:flower: :cat: :flower: :cat: :flower: :cat: :flower: :cat: :flower: :cat:

(btw fermain... where's our feckin' t-shirts ye galloot ye!? :evil: )
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Group hug :wink:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Jamesie,

I think our friend fermain spent the last few weeks in the Dominican Republic checking out potential manufactures of the said t-shirts. It is amazing the lenghts some people will go to to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer. Such selfless devotion to duty is to be admired. :shock: :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

well must admit i quite liked Dead Ball - although at the end (if indeed he has left the other messageboard) he himself occasionaly adopted what i considered 2 b the totally unnecessarily aggressive tone of his detractors. I shud add that that is just my opinion and is of course not necessarily a FACT. anyway will just have 2 live without him. Unfortunately we may now never know his views on Cheerleaders.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh