Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by rumncoke »

A play-off place is possible --but nothing is certain except Death and Taxes.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Lester Piggott has managed to avoid both.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote::thumleft: Tender

Saves me typing that much up mesel.

I would concur with pretty much all of that, except i would stick my neck out and call MotM for Hendo,but you're right, Addison ran him pretty close (and sidestepped a few other contenders all the way of that run).

I don't think OxO was injured - looked like they thought the game was won and took the opportunity to bank some game minutes for him. Am open to correction on that though.
Stockdale had to go to the rehearsals for Sports Personality of the Year.

There are only limited places available for white males with four functioning limbs these days but he is considerably cleaner cut than Tyson Fury.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Scarlets trilogy

Post by Wee Woman »

twiglet wrote:As has been said many times IRFU, with Logan et al, treated Paddy and Stuart really badly. I have not been back to Ravers and have not renewed season tickets for myself or Mrs T. With the drop in attendance I assume there are quite a few like us.
Same here, plus the ‘product’ on the pitch was going nowhere too and everything else hugely overpriced (check the Welsh regions for ticket pricing as an example).

Not sure if we’ll ever renew again tbh. I like watching the games in the warmth and comfort of my own home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Is this a play-off place for the QF?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:

I would concur with pretty much all of that, except i would stick my neck out and call MotM for Hendo,but you're right, Addison ran him pretty close (and sidestepped a few other contenders all the way of that run).

I don't think OxO was injured - looked like they thought the game was won and took the opportunity to bank some game minutes for him. Am open to correction on that though.

There are only limited places available for white males with four functioning limbs these days but he is considerably cleaner cut than Tyson Fury.
Possession of an actual "personality" is usually viewed unfavourably.

Bag of shyte, the whole thing.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BP win for Racing at Leicester gives Ulster a good chance of making the quarter finals but little chance of topping the group now.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bart S wrote:BP win for Racing at Leicester gives Ulster a good chance of making the quarter finals but little chance of topping the group now.
No fun being a Tigers fan at present they've four wins in thirteen this season from league and euro cup. The last minute try which gave Racing the bonus all but relegates us to 2nd place at best.

If Edinburgh can find a win in the second half against Newcastle I think we could get excited about a 2nd place runner up spot and by some miracle if we ended up facing Edinburgh in the QF we'd have every right to be buzzing.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

At this stage I think the top 3 will be Sarries, Racing and Leinster with the 4th home team likely to be Munster or Edinburgh /Montpellier.

I reckon if Ulster qualify a trip to Dublin or Paris beckons.

Feck - even reaching a qf and getting stuffed would still leave me buzzin.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Even the mention of a possibilty of a qf has me pure buzzin to the max.

In fact can we introduce a buzzin cup, cos I would have a fair chance of making it to the qf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Getting to a QF with everything that has happened would be a great achievement.

#bringourboyshome
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Indeed. To rock up in Dublin wearing an Ulster shirt with JACKSON No10 on the back would make many an Ulsterman moist.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:Indeed. To rock up in Dublin wearing an Ulster shirt with JACKSON No10 on the back would make many an Ulsterman moist.
I'd give PJ a piggy back to D4 just to see them squirm.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

A word of caution of course that last season after 5 games I think ulster may have been sitting top of the group or certainly neck and neck with La Rochelle and then blew it when asked to get something at Wasps in the final match, when their chances of qualifying were pretty low. In fact we hardly fired a shot that day (Well Wiehann may have fired a shot, but not the kind which helped ulster).

Tigers are terrible at the minute but have the ability to get on a little run and some confidence before we play them. If they do that then getting something there will be very tough for this ulster team. Racing at home is a tougher proposition than La Rochelle last season, particularly as La R started the season with all guns blazing but had lost it by the time we played them. Of course Racing may focus on a 5 pointer at home to the Scarlets in the last round which should be enough to win the group and get a home qf and send a weakened team to Belfast.

Anyway, still going to be tough for this Ulster team but at least there is a realistic chance of getting through, which not many of us would have thought even just over a week ago :red: :fleg:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Possession of an actual "personality" is usually viewed unfavourably.

Bag of shyte, the whole thing.
Agreed although I may just vote for the first time ever tonight.

Jimmy deserves it.