Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by justinr73 »

Racing are home to Toulon the week before they come to Belfast and we have the usual debate about team selection for Dublin......
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

As someone pointed out after the last round, the eight qualifiers after this round are: one English (Saracens), two French (Toulouse and Racing) and five Pro 14 (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leinster, Munster and :red: ).

Clearly this remains a competition that's seriously biased against the English. something has to be done!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Speaking as the (above) average Lionel on the street, stuff like that actually comes from chips on shoulders outside of grand old Albion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

justinr73 wrote:Racing are home to Toulon the week before they come to Belfast and we have the usual debate about team selection for Dublin......
No debate Rupert, send Wee Hand, Cross and Diddies etc.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Scarlets trilogy

Post by rumncoke »

The Pro 14 is a maligned league being frequently judged on the quality of its weakest teams rather than on the quality of the better teams .

The forgotten factor is that except for the SA sides there are possibly more internationals per team in the Pro 14 than either the English or French teams .

The other factor is the International Boards making up the Pro14 have smaller numbers available to make an International
squads and therefore want to protect their best from injury by the control of the Teams in the league.

While the English and French Clubs flog their players to maintain a monetary position .

Similarly the desire for success in the English and French leagues ensures that their best teams are extremely strong and competitive while the other sides lack the depth of quality to match the best of the Pro14.

Thus this weekends results are a reflection of the differences in the ethos of the leagues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Racing are home to Toulon the week before they come to Belfast and we have the usual debate about team selection for Dublin......
Yep. Send the nipples. I mean nippers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No guarantee of any further points, does 14 have a sniff? A quarterfinal humiliation would be just what the doctor ordered.

There maybe those who believe I am pessimistic, what some may not realise is that we will probably not see that pack again for a while if ever.

I'm predicting a 9th seeding, no better than 20th when all is said and done.

Ron'n without wishing to enrage some by quoting you at this the festiveish season, I agree with much of what you say, it annoys me that people buy the hype about the boshiership and the turgid crap that about D's in the Top14. There is some real dross in all three leagues.

The top levels are not markedly different despite Leinster for example having a smaller budget than Treviso. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

222toHounslow wrote:
Despite shelling out for flights, hotel etc, I agree entirely.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Leicester should get a BP against Scarlets. Leaving them 11 points before we meet. They may still be able to qualify with 16 points. Should we lose to Racing, Leicester may feel they have something to play for.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Leicester will be more worried about relegation.

They have Glos at home the week before Europe.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Scarlets will be a different proposition if they have Aaron Shingler, Blade Thomson and James Davies fit for Tigers visit. They don't lose many at Parc Y Empty, don't see them losing at home to a terrible Tigers team.

There's a few posts on here that have dampened my buzz, luckily I've been able to keep it on but anymore nonsense talk of us not giving Racing a pasting at home and then following it up with a Tiger shoot the week after will not be tolerated.

#buzzon
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Scarlets will be a different proposition if they have Aaron Shingler, Blade Thomson and James Davies fit for Tigers visit. They don't lose many at Parc Y Empty, don't see them losing at home to a terrible Tigers team.

There's a few posts on here that have dampened my buzz, luckily I've been able to keep it on but anymore nonsense talk of us not giving Racing a pasting at home and then following it up with a Tiger shoot the week after will not be tolerated.

#buzzon
Scarlets will probably have more injuries by then. Sorry, what a buzzkill. ImageImage

Some good news compared to last year, although Racing might be better than LAR but Wasps are better than Leicester. Crucially though, Ulster are better than Ulster. Last years version. That humiliation against Wasps was brutal but ultimately saw the end of LK. I hope we can keep the lads fit. Giving Zebo and his froggy friends a duffing would be tremendous. Humping Leicester in their own backyard would be the icing.

SUFTUM

Bring our boys home
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hopefully it will be warmer in Leicester than it was in Cov!

That was up there with some of my worst away trips ever.

Including the 4 times the game was either postponed or abandoned.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Zebo took a knock yesterday and limped off. I do hope he’s fit and playing when we tear them a new one.
We’re punching above our weight and we all know we can’t keep winning, but I still think we’ll do the frogs at home.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sadly after many seasons of batin’ the lard out of tubby grenouilles for fun, they have become our nemesis at home, Toulon and the average Rochelais have put us to sleep with scarcely a murmur of dissent from Ulster. Two spirit sapping home thrashings almost on a par with Sarriescum.

If we fielded the pack that were too strong for Scaaaaaaalets we would of course have a fighting chance, quite apart from Rory and Hendy having to carry the fight, we know have Marty and Nordi getting into their stride, EOS looking scarily impersonating a proper LH and Marcell being a monster, if a slightly different one to what we thought we were buying. Throw in Reidy who is always very good in a decent pack and the semi renaissance of Tredders as a prospect and that’s good enough for most. However take two of our own choice out of that and it is significantly weakened.

Only being drawn to play Embra, who like Ulster look “almost there” but may well not make it, offers the money spinning prospect of a wee semi. That apart, at least we can say that horsing it up the Scaaaaaaaaalets for 10 has given the season a huge boost..... sadly though, not the paltry attendance. 12124, I fücking aaaxs you, how poor is that? There’s not moving on and there’s mean spirited.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.