Ulster Vs Munster Fri 21st Dec @ 19.35 Premier Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Munster Fri 21st Dec @ 19.35 Premier Sport

Post by Neill_M »

A win is a win. Easy to forget mind. Re the tackle 1st 12 seconds, the Turnip lands on his shoulder not his head/neck for me, so by the book the ref got it right.

Mr Gallagher didn’t make too many friends last night it seems. The Ulster fans I talked to thought he gave every 50/50 to Munster and the Munster fans thought the opposite!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:They doubled up on McCloskey and left Addison with too much space. Will shredded them a few times. McCloskey passed more than he ran. He was used as a decoy with good effect. He's probably due a rest.
The big lad never comes up short in the workrate dept. His value becomes apparent when he has a bit of quality around him.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:A win is a win. Easy to forget mind. Re the tackle 1st 12 seconds, the Turnip lands on his shoulder not his head/neck for me, so by the book the ref got it right.
The reckless and dangerous nature of the tackle was enough to override the actual outcome. Still, we were due one in our favour.

Wonder if 12 seconds would have been a record? Probably not even too many yellas shown at that stage.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

BigM -- All Tackles of a Player in the Air are similar in nature -- only the outcomes differ --- which is something the tackler can't actually control -- which makes the red card rule so ridiculous and absurd.

The Ulster Supporter is so conditioned by biased refereeing of Interpros in the past he expects to receive the worst calls in a match --- evidenced by the comments of some previous posters -- he ( the ref )missed a lot, which is not that surprising really having given Ulster the benefit of the decision in the first minute . The game ended with a penalty count 11 - 8 against Ulster which is a somewhat dubious stat against a side which is generally ,marginally off side at most rucks , frequently coming in from the side at rucks , seldom hurries to get back onside after a tackle( tarries on the opposition side ), bore in the scrum, along with,other sundry minor black arts.

The first three offences being those associated with a team which is set to defend rather than attack, and the mind set of Munster on Friday night.

Having viewed the second 3 pointer, a number of times I have reached the decision that the moving the penalty forward made little difference -- length would not have changed the outcome, and would have made the area of target wider .

The length of kick only from wide is more likely to be missed in a windy wet night when the conditions affect the flight and Munster didn't miss a penalty all night ( Joey "Dingle" Berry wasn't playing )
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

rumncoke wrote:BigM -- All Tackles of a Player in the Air are similar in nature -- only the outcomes differ --- which is something the tackler can't actually control -- which makes the red card rule so ridiculous and absurd.

The Ulster Supporter is so conditioned by biased refereeing of Interpros in the past he expects to receive the worst calls in a match --- evidenced by the comments of some previous posters -- he ( the ref )missed a lot, which is not that surprising really having given Ulster the benefit of the decision in the first minute . The game ended with a penalty count 11 - 8 against Ulster which is a somewhat dubious stat against a side which is generally ,marginally off side at most rucks , frequently coming in from the side at rucks , seldom hurries to get back onside after a tackle( tarries on the opposition side ), bore in the scrum, along with,other sundry minor black arts.

The first three offences being those associated with a team which is set to defend rather than attack, and the mind set of Munster on Friday night.

Having viewed the second 3 pointer, a number of times I have reached the decision that the moving the penalty forward made little difference -- length would not have changed the outcome, and would have made the area of target wider .

The length of kick only from wide is more likely to be missed in a windy wet night when the conditions affect the flight and Munster didn't miss a penalty all night ( Joey "Dingle" Berry wasn't playing )
Not sure about that one. Sometimes a player is actually making a challenge for the ball, but arrives a fraction late and causes the collision. Sometimes a player realises he's about to hit the guy in the air and tries to pull up but is unsuccessful. On this occasion, RB didn't make a challenge and didn't seem to try and slow up before the impact. He came into the contact like an express train. Reckless in the extreme and I for one thought he was going to see red, and probably deserved it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

promenader 2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:BigM -- All Tackles of a Player in the Air are similar in nature -- only the outcomes differ --- which is something the tackler can't actually control -- which makes the red card rule so ridiculous and absurd.

Not sure about that one. Sometimes a player is actually making a challenge for the ball, but arrives a fraction late and causes the collision. Sometimes a player realises he's about to hit the guy in the air and tries to pull up but is unsuccessful. On this occasion, RB didn't make a challenge and didn't seem to try and slow up before the impact. He came into the contact like an express train. Reckless in the extreme and I for one thought he was going to see red, and probably deserved it.
Jihad being a classic example of that, and of course, Goode milked it.

This was worse imo.
Big Neville Southall
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Sue Dename wrote:
Tender wrote:I’d expect nothing else.
Hoping Nagle Takes it To The Limit...

I did warn you I was gonna flog this...
Lets hope its one these nights
In the long run...Carrick to Whitehead is the Long Road Out Of Eden....though only a Certain Kind of Fool would live there and he's probably Already Gone.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He landed on his side. No red card.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A collision is not a tackle -- Payne didn't tackle the Goode -- which was the refs major mistake . Payne's only mistake was to have two feet on the ground and his eyes in the air as Goode jumped across his run.

The Ulster wing mistimed everything on friday night because he had a prior intention to tackle the catcher. Ran to fast and arrived too soon. If he had had the intention to catch there would have been the possibility of success but his prior intention was to tackle --- bad mistake ..
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster Vs Munster Fri 21st Dec @ 19.35 Premier Sport

Post by Neill_M »

Young Baloucoune has an appointment with an all Scottish discipline panel on Thursday.

Interesting to see whether they will say the ref got it wrong and it was a red or they back the ref’s judgement.

I still think it was a yellow, as the Munster lad landed on his back/shoulder rather than his head/neck.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:Young Baloucoune has an appointment with an all Scottish discipline panel on Thursday.

Interesting to see whether they will say the ref got it wrong and it was a red or they back the ref’s judgement.

I still think it was a yellow, as the Munster lad landed on his back/shoulder rather than his head/neck.
I think shoulder/head/neck would be red territory. Back/side is yellow I believe. Although the Scots will manufacture something just to feel important.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Young Baloucoune has an appointment with an all Scottish discipline panel on Thursday.

I think shoulder/head/neck would be red territory. Back/side is yellow I believe. Although the Scots will manufacture something just to feel important.
We have form with Scottish panels. Expecting the worst and the book being thrown at him.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:

Surely it's also the nature of the tackle? Are you saying that if you clothesline somebody in mid air, and they land on their feet and saunter off it's only a yella? Baloucoune's effort was reckless and dangerous rather than just careless.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cited under Law 9:11
"Players must not do anything that is reckless or dangerous to others."

He has not been cited specifically for taking someone out in the air.

Guilty!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

If Rory Knockout's (a rare funny effort by the spellchecker) deliberate attack upon Colette's eyes (another one) deserves a three week ban, then Balacoune's effort merited a yellow card but nothing else. Watch as the Scots deliver a four-week sanction, I suspect.
Bo***cks to Brexit