Bluenoses vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Bluenoses vs Ulster

Post by namron »

Here’s a nice variation from the seventeenth century for the Leinster contingent

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... gwegQIARB2
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The munster fleg has a terrorist on it, ffs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Do explain Dave.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Do explain Dave.
I think he is referring to what is known as a Bryson misunderstanding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

namron wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Bottom line is, most of us are Norm. That's why they're like hen's teeth these days. It's representative of a failed sectarian state, nothing else.
And yet the union flag is preferable ? Considering some of the worldwide ructions caused by those who have flown it I find that odd. Every flag embodies a soiled history to those the nation state has oppressed .If flown for the right reasons no flag should give offence although I would draw the line at the swastika myself
The colours work :roll: :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

big mervyn wrote:
namron wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Bottom line is, most of us are Norm. That's why they're like hen's teeth these days. It's representative of a failed sectarian state, nothing else.
And yet the union flag is preferable ? Considering some of the worldwide ructions caused by those who have flown it I find that odd. Every flag embodies a soiled history to those the nation state has oppressed .If flown for the right reasons no flag should give offence although I would draw the line at the swastika myself
The colours work :roll: :thumleft:
Check mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

The problem I have with the Ulster Banner is that, by it’s construction, it was only ever designed to represent six counties. Hell, it’s got a six-pointed star for precisely that reason... I’m not offended by anyone that chooses to wave it but I don’t understand why someone would try to support Ulster’s nine-county team with an emblem that pointedly and deliberately only represents six of them. My opinion is that it makes little sense to choose that, other than - consciously or not - to make a political point.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

1200px-Standard_of_Oliver_Cromwell_(1653–1659).svg.png
1200px-Standard_of_Oliver_Cromwell_(1653–1659).svg.png (128.01 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
I dare, i dare someone to fly this in the occupied 26 Counties :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I tend to luv flegs, and fleg debates. Not sure yet what fleg(s) I am waving on Saturday for the Racing 92 game but may dig out Toulouse one. Unfortunately my nephew in London has my Clermont fleg (which he waves at the occasional demonstation in London :) ) On a vaguely serious point by & large (unless I am at a Norn Iron footie game) I feel the same way about the Norn Iron/6 county fleg at Ulster rugby matches as I do about the Irish Tricolour at Ireland rugby matches. One represents to many folk just 6 out of 9 Counties and the other represents to many folk just 26 out of 32 Counties. Both are technically "wrong". I used to wave the Norn Iron fleg at Ravenhill and me Tricolour (a nice linen one bought in Clerys in Dublin in 1974 and still going strong) at Lansdowne Rd but largely now I wave the yella Ulster fleg at Ulster games (or me trusty Catalan fleg) and me 4 Provinces fleg at Lansdowne. However I take offence at none unlike the Leinster plonker at the top of the North Stand last Saturday. Just wish more flegs were waved generally - BUT not during play. Slainte, hic & burp. Ponder & discuss if you must.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I tend to luv flegs, and fleg debates. Not sure yet what fleg(s) I am waving on Saturday for the Racing 92 game but may dig out Toulouse one. Unfortunately my nephew in London has my Clermont fleg (which he waves at the occasional demonstation in London :) ) On a vaguely serious point by & large (unless I am at a Norn Iron footie game) I feel the same way about the Norn Iron/6 county fleg at Ulster rugby matches as I do about the Irish Tricolour at Ireland rugby matches. One represents to many folk just 6 out of 9 Counties and the other represents to many folk just 26 out of 32 Counties. Both are technically "wrong". I used to wave the Norn Iron fleg at Ravenhill and me Tricolour (a nice linen one bought in Clerys in Dublin in 1974 and still going strong) at Lansdowne Rd but largely now I wave the yella Ulster fleg at Ulster games (or me trusty Catalan fleg) and me 4 Provinces fleg at Lansdowne. However I take offence at none unlike the Leinster plonker at the top of the North Stand last Saturday. Just wish more flegs were waved generally - BUT not during play. Slainte, hic & burp. Ponder & discuss if you must.
All sense, Mike. As with you, I'm a yellow Ulster and 4 Province fleg man. Although I suspect where many of those waving the Irish tricolour in Dublin would disagree with you is that - in the belief of the waver, at least - it does (at least by design of purpose) represent the 32 counties of Ireland (even if there are plenty in the occupied 6 counties who don't feel the same way). There can be no such pretence surrounding the Ulster Banner, which was never meant to represent anything other than the (protestant people of?) the 6 counties of Northern Ireland.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

What about anfums?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

What about frys? Boils mine that you can't get an Ulster in the unoccupied 3 counties. I was in Monaghan Town last week. Despite being within 10 miles or so of the border I was served what would best be described as a Full Irish. Nice enough it was too and much better than the Full Lionel with it's beans and god awful tinned tomatoes, but no amount of black and white pudding and Galtee rashers can compensate for the absence of soda and tattie bread. Did this start with partition or was the Ulster Fry always, in reality, a 6 Counties Fry?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:What about frys? Boils mine that you can't get an Ulster in the unoccupied 3 counties. I was in Monaghan Town last week. Despite being within 10 miles or so of the border I was served what would best be described as a Full Irish. Nice enough it was too and much better than the Full Lionel with it's beans and god awful tinned tomatoes, but no amount of black and white pudding and Galtee rashers can compensate for the absence of soda and tattie bread. Did this start with partition or was the Ulster Fry always, in reality, a 6 Counties Fry?
What establishment was that Merv so I know to avoid it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:What about frys? Boils mine that you can't get an Ulster in the unoccupied 3 counties. I was in Monaghan Town last week. Despite being within 10 miles or so of the border I was served what would best be described as a Full Irish. Nice enough it was too and much better than the Full Lionel with it's beans and god awful tinned tomatoes, but no amount of black and white pudding and Galtee rashers can compensate for the absence of soda and tattie bread. Did this start with partition or was the Ulster Fry always, in reality, a 6 Counties Fry?
What establishment was that Merv so I know to avoid it
Westenra hotel.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

K'goneyMike2umate wrote:On a vaguely serious point by & large ... I feel the same way about the Norn Iron/6 county fleg at Ulster rugby matches as I do about the Irish Tricolour at Ireland rugby matches. One represents to many folk just 6 out of 9 Counties and the other represents to many folk just 26 out of 32 Counties. Both are technically "wrong".
I can't believe I'm gonna type this, but for once I agree with Knocknagoney Mike.

I don't be offended by either of the "unrepresentative" flegs, but just prefer the alternatives as more technically "correct"

I certainly have no objection to the Irish tricolour at Lansdowne, as it's the fleg of that country so if they want to fly it, that's up to them, but as a symbol of the rugby team and all its supporters, it doesn't work.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right