Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote:
Bart S wrote:Maybe he doesn’t feel particularly comfortable talking about any episodes if racism he has experienced in life. He would hardly be the first person to feel uncomfortable when talking about personal racism they have experienced. Or maybe he made up those stories about what he experienced in his younger days too.... :roll:
Definitely true. He grew up in Cork.
I’ve only been to Limerick once and I was chatting to an old boy in a bar.

A black guy walked past the door and my drinking campanion said “That’s why we have insurance”.

I made my excuses and left.
We only think we have problems up here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:This is the worst game of cluedo ever.
He did it in the bedroom with a length of piping.
Haven't we all
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:My tame psychologist and I are in agreement. Basically there is no reason to believe he wasn't being truthful. Psychologist said he was uncomfortable at times and was trying really hard to be relaxed, but that might have an attempt to put forward a cool, popular persona. I was only struck by his use of "whispered" which the interviewer seemed to lead him on to contradict later in the interview. Zebo didn't make a good job of correcting himself. But that is all. If the peelers asked me for an opinion, Zebo would have got a fair report.

Of course, some people are especially good actors :D

My invoice is in the post.
He looks a bit nervous when talking about the issue, touching his face etc., which could indicate a number of things. Potentially mistruth but also a sense of shame, often felt by those who have been abused or made to feel different in some way. Likely growing up amongst the unintelligent and uneducated (his words) he suffered all sorts.

Poor man could be traumatised. Potentially some GAWA gets into invited onto the prom and who knows...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

People are not listening to the interview correctly, on the whispering in his ear he said it sounded like that through the general noise. In other words he heard something a 40+ year old shouted but it was only at whisper volume when it reached him.
Now if people can't listen to a video interview correctly then how the feck do we expect them to hear correctly what was shouted from the middle of a packed terrace and half of them had a skinfull of drink consumed.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster... you are indeed correct in that he compares a lone voice amongst the noise of 18,000 others at an outdoor sporting venue as similar to that of an elderly 40+ old man whispering in his ear. I accept that I was relaying on the expressed views of others advising me of the interview however I still find the above comparison bewildering.

I have no doubt that someone shouted something but just how much was actually heard and/or how much was then relayed in private messages thereafter by other witnesses. It makes no difference whether he heard the comments or not the fact is that any racist comments should have no place at a sporting venue except there are some places in the world this is likely a weekly occurrence.

We have been tarnished before and I note comments elsewhere relating back to the fact that Trevor Brennan was also a victim when he attacked one of our numbers in Toulouse. My biggest regret that day is that phones weren't so easy to hand as they are today and the miles of footage we could expect today was missing. That and the fact that if that had been a football crowd he would never have made it back to the game that day.

Anyhow it is all water of a ducks back now that the pin was pulled and the grenade dropped. Glad that he also mentioned the difficult time he had growing up in Cork due to what seems to be the constant attacks of racism that he seemed to suffer in the city...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice - You are right about the Brennan incident. Phones would have shown how thuggish his assault was and the lack of sectarian chanting, comments about his mother etc.

I have no idea what possessed Brennan to behave like he did that day but he then came up with a pack of lies about Ulster to try and excuse his inexcusable behaviour.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

It’s a simple investigation, star witness interviewed, gives evidence of what was heard and identity friends or people around them, they are interviewed and asked if they heard the same as the star witness, star witness is asked to identify the persons around them and expand from there, get a rough time, work of the cctv and television footage and a picture should appear of persons around them.,

Zebo spoken with and asked what exactly he heard , confirm that he never engaged with any of the witnesses to confirm or deny what what said . When did Zebo first make a complaint to UR or when did Racing complain ,was ref informed and when, I am sure there is an after game protocol after a game such as this first from the referee if there was any issues and secondly from match commissioner to see if there was any issues arising.

Really a matter of working from main witness out.

Thank feck I am younger than 40+ as I can see 40plus fans being banne£ as they can’t behave.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Thank feck I am younger than 40+ as I can see 40plus fans being banne£ as they can’t behave.
Have to say Gerry, in my experience it's often the 60+ boys who often don't know how to behave :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Someone issued with a lifetime ban then.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Good.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Season Ticket holder notice

Dear,

Following our progression to the quarter-finals of the Heineken Champions Cup, I’d like to thank you all for your support, at home and away, throughout the season to date. Your efforts have been matched by the staff and players at Ulster Rugby and I think they deserve a lot of credit for their work over the past few months.

Unfortunately, while we have experienced a number of highs in recent weeks, the undoubted low was the abuse directed at Simon Zebo during our match versus Racing 92 at Kingspan Stadium.

Following an investigation, a spectator has now been sanctioned with a life-time ban for breaching stadium regulations. Thank you to the many supporters who came forward to provide eye-witness accounts to assist our investigation.

Such behavior is not reflective of our supporters or the values of the club, and is completely unacceptable. Respect and inclusivity are at the forefront of what we stand for as an organisation, and as such, we have a zero tolerance policy on all forms of abuse at every level of the of the game in the Province.

We will be putting additional measures in place to ensure that we have a safe, positive atmosphere at the stadium and supporters are encouraged to immediately report any future incidents to a steward. This extends to the broader game in Ulster as well - rugby should be fun to watch from the touchlines, and we will not tolerate any forms of abuse; be it from supporters, parents or coaches.

We now look forward to this Friday at Kingspan Stadium as we host our PRO14 play-off rivals, Benetton Rugby. They are a hugely improved side and I know that your passionate support will play a massive part as we target another big win.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the warm welcome that I’ve received since I joined Ulster Rugby last month and I look forward to working with you in the coming years.

Yours in rugby,
Jonny Petrie
Chief Executive
Ulster Rugby
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I like how Petrie has quietly but obviously effectively gone about his business, had this have been the previous regime there would have been tv press conferences with Shame Logan issuing a Liam Neeson Taken styled speech to the offender.

Good man Jonny, I like your style.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I like how Petrie has quietly but obviously effectively gone about his business, had this have been the previous regime there would have been tv press conferences with Shame Logan issuing a Liam Neeson Taken styled speech to the offender.

Good man Jonny, I like your style.
Petrie definitely has done a great job so far, been impressed!

The so called fan should be ashamed!
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Our new CEO seems to have a bit of professionalism about him. Issue investigated and dealt within 10 days. Very impressed with JP.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This has been well handled by UR. Nice to see a bit of decorum and firm action taken. Although not specifically mentioned here, racism, or any other form of abuse is entirely unacceptable. I hope that said individual is thoroughly ashamed and realises that he is an enemy of Ulster Rugby and the values we uphold.