Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

OldMan
Novice

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by OldMan »

3put wrote: Who cares where the folk were from in the shirt they all performed admirably.
"Can today be the end of this "rather see 15 ulstermen bullsh1te". There is no ulsterman who would have fought harder or gave more than Marcel, O'Connor, jordi et al today. They are all ulstermen when they pull on that shirt. "

Couldn't agree more with these comments - yes it would be brilliant if we could field a competitive team with born & bred Ulster born players, but lets get real - It's never going to happen
leedsexile
Novice

Post by leedsexile »

damianmcr wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siNk6Sg ... e=youtu.be

Quality will improve once its fully processed.
Much appreciated
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Given a one point lead with a minute to go you need to run the clock down and retain possession.

Go to the corner - wasn’t really a great option as the line out had stuttered all afternoonthus a risk of losing possession or worse still giving them a penalty .

Safest option was the kick at goal as a time waster but the wind made not kicking it dead a possibility .

The kicking from hand was poor by both sides thus it maybe fair to assume the wind might have been a factor — that said neither Burns nor Shanthe weeman have impressed in that dept all season — and Cooney can be iffy too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Healey is absolutely insufferable. Old news I know.

Thanks for the match replay. I wanted to flick through some of the contentious bits first. Ludick's pass to Stockdale for try 2 was borderline and the one view on the replay was inconclusive as per the ref. According to himself it was "a mile forward". Then another Nakarawa basketball effort for the disallowed try (which did look a mile forward) with a couple to go he said that "his hand went back" which was utter nonsense. Most quarterbacks would have been proud of it.

Try 1 was about Marcel getting behind them, quick ball and a sublime angle and pass from Louis. The 3rd try was a copy of Stockcubes one v the ABs. And how dare the ball bounce away from him that time, did it not realise it always just pops up softly into his waiting arms?

Chapeau to wee Lowry as well for absolutely emptying Nakarawa in the last couple of minutes.

I thought that to win that game we would have to be perfect but we were not. I take it as positive that we can beat Racing and not play to our full potential. Addison's touch finders when he took over were great but into the wind were iffy. Usual line-out stutters but scrum was superb against a front row built for one thing and one thing only. But we needed Racing to be a bit off and they were. You have to take your hat off to the way they throw the ball about sometimes.

The conditions and the crowd got to Racing though. In the final quarter they had another cert run in which was dropped. Finn's head was gone. Sections of the crowd were working on him even during his warm up. Excellent work chaps. Antoine was getting a bit twitchy at times as well.

And then the lovely Simon "tactically" substituted. Stockdale had him on toast. Did anyone else see in the first half over at West side, there was a pen against Zebo and Stockdale patted him or nipped him on the bum and he turned round all fighty then laughed it off when he saw who it was.

On the subject of Zebo, I'm not entirely sure as I do not speak French and I need my ears suctioned, but I definitely possibly might have heard Simon talking to one of his team mates about my mother in less than savoury language. I can't be 100% sure, and in one way I would be making shít up just like him, the only difference is I don't have a large social media platform on which to gob off.

In summary, they don't like it up 'em.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Gonna cut Addison some slack on the last penalty re the timing. The ref had stopped the clock due to an injury so it was hard for him not to go ahead and prep for the kick. In saying that another adjustment of the ball would probably have eked out another 10 secs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I was glad Zebo didn’t come out for the second half as his Brennan would have blocked my view from the East Terrace.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

jean valjean wrote:Gonna cut Addison some slack on the last penalty re the timing. The ref had stopped the clock due to an injury so it was hard for him not to go ahead and prep for the kick. In saying that another adjustment of the ball would probably have eked out another 10 secs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Plus Ruan did it for Montpellier and got pelters for unsportsman like conduct. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. That being said I was yelling at him (metaphorically due to the "Respect the kicker" signs) to give it a few more. Thankfully Volavola's restart was pìsh.

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

On the subject of the 99 reunion they definitely could have made a bit more of it. Introduced them all etc.

That being said the previous regime would have had their naming rights sold so that the Monster 99 team would have been accompanied on to the pitch with a giant bloody drink can who allegedly was on the subs bench for the Ebbw Vale away fixture.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:On the subject of the 99 reunion they definitely could have made a bit more of it. Introduced them all etc.

That being said the previous regime would have had their naming rights sold so that the Monster 99 team would have been accompanied on to the pitch with a giant bloody drink can who allegedly was on the subs bench for the Ebbw Vale away fixture.

I'm surprised they weren't asked to promote ticket sales for the next home game.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Some of the reply’s to Zebo on Twitter are nauseating from TRUE Ulster fans as they call them themselves.

Apologising, devastation, your awesome Zeebs, we need you in Japan.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Zebo has done exactly what his tweet was posted to achieve, throw out a hint of the big bad nordies abusing the fat fool and then let the lunatic fringe do the damage, people posting how great he was for Ireland obviously know nothing about rugby and how average the top shagger was, as for the “Ulster fans” comments it’s a snapshot of our lily livered bend over to take one to be impartial attitude thta is fûcking this place up, Zebo, tell the world what was said, rather than hide behind a pathetic tweet, your the past, retire now as an average player who likes threesome rather than a bitter fat man who was shown up by yuff.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

222toHounslow wrote:Some of the reply’s to Zebo on Twitter are nauseating from TRUE Ulster fans as they call them themselves.

Apologising, devastation, your awesome Zeebs, we need you in Japan.
They no nothing of rugby, Zebo was average, and now the past.are the same fools says no they would have Zebo on before Stocks
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Could someone ask Ludik to untuck his shirt? That'd be great.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:Healey is absolutely insufferable. Old news I know.

Thanks for the match replay. I wanted to flick through some of the contentious bits first. Ludick's pass to Stockdale for try 2 was borderline and the one view on the replay was inconclusive as per the ref. According to himself it was "a mile forward". Then another Nakarawa basketball effort for the disallowed try (which did look a mile forward) with a couple to go he said that "his hand went back" which was utter nonsense. Most quarterbacks would have been proud of it.

Try 1 was about Marcel getting behind them, quick ball and a sublime angle and pass from Louis. The 3rd try was a copy of Stockcubes one v the ABs. And how dare the ball bounce away from him that time, did it not realise it always just pops up softly into his waiting arms?

Chapeau to wee Lowry as well for absolutely emptying Nakarawa in the last couple of minutes.

I thought that to win that game we would have to be perfect but we were not. I take it as positive that we can beat Racing and not play to our full potential. Addison's touch finders when he took over were great but into the wind were iffy. Usual line-out stutters but scrum was superb against a front row built for one thing and one thing only. But we needed Racing to be a bit off and they were. You have to take your hat off to the way they throw the ball about sometimes.

The conditions and the crowd got to Racing though. In the final quarter they had another cert run in which was dropped. Finn's head was gone. Sections of the crowd were working on him even during his warm up. Excellent work chaps. Antoine was getting a bit twitchy at times as well.

And then the lovely Simon "tactically" substituted. Stockdale had him on toast. Did anyone else see in the first half over at West side, there was a pen against Zebo and Stockdale patted him or nipped him on the bum and he turned round all fighty then laughed it off when he saw who it was.

On the subject of Zebo, I'm not entirely sure as I do not speak French and I need my ears suctioned, but I definitely possibly might have heard Simon talking to one of his team mates about my mother in less than savoury language. I can't be 100% sure, and in one way I would be making shít up just like him, the only difference is I don't have a large social media platform on which to gob off.

In summary, they don't like it up 'em.

Blobo's French is limited to Le Big Mac and Royale with Cheese. It's the little things that make a difference to yer weight. Rumours that his last 3some was with Ronald MacDonald and Col Sanders are awaiting confirmation.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Any hand gesture experts out there advise what Zebos very clear signal to the crowd after his try means?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU