Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I believe her (no hashtag).

And no, I don't believe she has any axe to grind ... any more than any of us have, and want whats best for Ulster Rugby and Ulster fans.

I also hope that she has been in contact with UR. I would be surprised if she hasn't, though.
Any idea what was (allegedly) said?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I believe her (no hashtag).

And no, I don't believe she has any axe to grind ... any more than any of us have, and want whats best for Ulster Rugby and Ulster fans.

I also hope that she has been in contact with UR. I would be surprised if she hasn't, though.
Any idea what was (allegedly) said?
No, but I know her (and her parents) and I consider her to be sound. She's not the sort to make things up.

I haven't been in touch with her or her family, so don't know the detail, but I would expect her to do the right thing.

Not sure putting what was said on a public forum is the right way to go about this though. It would allow the tabloids to print it and reinvigorate the story in the press and possibly do more damage than has already been done.

It would also allow attention seekers (you know they're out there), to say with more plausibility, "yes I heard that too", and possibly hinder any enquiry.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Capt.. I would suspect you consider me both unsound and that anything coming out my mouth not to be trusted yet had I witnessed anything similar the so called culprit would be well known to any relevant authorities before the end of the game.

Rather than wait to see if any player subsequently reported anything on social media that evening the matter would be in the hands of UR or indeed others depending of course on what was actually said.

The recent trial has shown how social media directs opinion and indeed on the same young ladies thread I see nothing but out pouring of apologies on behalf of us that attended that game mostly from people not there or even in the country..

As stated before I fear a professional investigation is beyond UR and everything that happened at Coleraine is a testament to that where abuse was hurled throughout large parts of the game with not a single witness located.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Goodness knows I hate racists but jaysus the @rse is being dragged out of this. If it was me I'd just be happy enough to assume there was some utter moron amongst the crowd and then get on with it.

A few years ago here in Limerick there was some soccer match in which I think it was Man City playing. Some local genius actually displayed his ignorance and racism by throwing a banana towards one of the black players. City wide reaction was 'What a scumbag' and then we went back to what we were doing. Done and dusted.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Goodness knows I hate racists but jaysus the @rse is being dragged out of this. If it was me I'd just be happy enough to assume there was some utter moron amongst the crowd and then get on with it.

A few years ago here in Limerick there was some soccer match in which I think it was Man City playing. Some local genius actually displayed his ignorance and racism by throwing a banana towards one of the black players. City wide reaction was 'What a scumbag' and then we went back to what we were doing. Done and dusted.
I agree mostly with what you are saying but I wouldn't like to assume anything without knowing exactly what was said. It is a non-issue until such times. Either way let's all move on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:Goodness knows I hate racists but jaysus the @rse is being dragged out of this. If it was me I'd just be happy enough to assume there was some utter moron amongst the crowd and then get on with it.

I agree mostly with what you are saying but I wouldn't like to assume anything without knowing exactly what was said. It is a non-issue until such times. Either way let's all move on.
Well said both, at this stage it's only about people making comments on social media (potentially only ever was/is)to gain likes from their comments so that they can feel good about themselves. Moving on!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Probably should move on after all a big game this weekend BUT I was informed of an apparent tweet from Miss Processo replying to @simonzebo immediately after his posting in which it is suggested that she feels sad but not to judge us all by that..

Interestingly no mention of being a witness at that time or indeed suggesting to know what was said or by whom...
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cockatrice wrote:Probably should move on after all a big game this weekend BUT I was informed of an apparent tweet from Miss Processo replying to @simonzebo immediately after his posting in which it is suggested that she feels sad but not to judge us all by that..

Interestingly no mention of being a witness at that time or indeed suggesting to know what was said or by whom...
So if no contact has been made with Ulster Rugby it’s fairly safe to say that this is likely to have been attention seeking rather than of any use in any investigation.

Not very helpful in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Wee Woman wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Probably should move on after all a big game this weekend BUT I was informed of an apparent tweet from Miss Processo replying to @simonzebo immediately after his posting in which it is suggested that she feels sad but not to judge us all by that..

So if no contact has been made with Ulster Rugby it’s fairly safe to say that this is likely to have been attention seeking rather than of any use in any investigation.

wee woman.... Miss Prosecco has since posted that she is now the subject of abuse that would be enough to drive anyone insane.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cockatrice wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

wee woman.... Miss Prosecco has since posted that she is now the subject of abuse that would be enough to drive anyone insane.
Therein lies a lesson methinks.

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Wee Woman wrote:

Do we know though whether she or anyone else has informed UR of anything? UR asked for info and until such times as they are satisfied no-one is coming forward or have received info and investogated it, i would not expect much of an update. The fact that we have heard nothing does not mean that this lady or anyone else has not been in touch with them and an investigation ongoing.

Might be worth people waiting until we know what that position is before going into full character assassination mode on this woman.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

And she finished that particular tweet by saying that “i will ALWAYS stand up for what i believe in.”
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:Capt.. I would suspect you consider me both unsound and that anything coming out my mouth not to be trusted yet had I witnessed anything similar the so called culprit would be well known to any relevant authorities before the end of the game.

Rather than wait to see if any player subsequently reported anything on social media that evening the matter would be in the hands of UR or indeed others depending of course on what was actually said.

The recent trial has shown how social media directs opinion and indeed on the same young ladies thread I see nothing but out pouring of apologies on behalf of us that attended that game mostly from people not there or even in the country..

As stated before I fear a professional investigation is beyond UR and everything that happened at Coleraine is a testament to that where abuse was hurled throughout large parts of the game with not a single witness located.
Cockers, you and I have had our differences of opinion over the years, but you would be wrong in suspecting I consider you of being unsound and not trusting anything which comes out of your mouth. I treat each event, posting, incident or whatever on merit, and make up my own mind, or keep an open mind on each, depending on the circumstances and available evidence.

I see nothing to disagree with in any of what you have said above. I share your reservations on how any investigation might proceed. I hope rather than expect that a change in regime might improve things, but time alone will tell.

As for Miss Prosecco (or is that Processo?) as she seems to be called now by some, all I have stated is that I believe her when she states that she witnessed the abuse of Mr Zebo. That is based purely on knowing her and a little of her character. I would hope and expect that she has by now given what information she has to the Branch.

Personally I would have preferred anyone who witnessed such action to refrain from public media, and I don't see any point in someone apologising for the actions of others. Condemnation is a different matter, and I have no objection if people condemn this abuse, indeed the more condemnation the better, although continuing to keep the matter in the public arena too long also cannot be good for Ulster Rugby and its supporters. As you say, we have a big match this weekend, and as others including yourself have suggested, I believe it is time to concentrate on that. If and when any action is taken against the perpetrator(s) of this abuse, that is time enough to go back over it, but quickly.

As far as commenting on the young lady's liking for prosecco, selfies etc, which some seem to ridicule her for, it's not my cup of tea (well, obviously prosecco's not tea, but you know what I mean), but I'm not going to holdit against her for behaving in the same way as a large percentage of the population, including it seems to me, most of her age and peer groups. As I say, it's not what I would do, but each to their owm, eh?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Bart S wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

Do we know though whether she or anyone else has informed UR of anything? UR asked for info and until such times as they are satisfied no-one is coming forward or have received info and investogated it, i would not expect much of an update. The fact that we have heard nothing does not mean that this lady or anyone else has not been in touch with them and an investigation ongoing.

Might be worth people waiting until we know what that position is before going into full character assassination mode on this woman.
I’m not engaging in ‘character assassination’, I’m just voicing an opinion on the way social media is being used in this case.

It’s clear this girl is a big rugby fan and there’s obviously nothing wrong with that but her message is as vague as Zebo’s IMO and not particularly helpful in terms of stating whether she reported what she heard or not.

Character assassination Image

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Franno implying we have attracted some wendyball fans to the hill as a reason for the abuse. Even managed to dig up the 93 world cup qualifier for a not so subtle link. What a grade A tube. At least he called out zebo for not making a big enough deal of it.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ne ... 20790.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk