Moment of the match

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

Moment of the match

Post by bangorboy »

Yes we had Stockdales try, Lowry’s tackle on Nakarawa and plenty of Addison magic, but for me the best meoment of the match was Shanners taking on Lauret. The wee man was giving up about four stone and a foot in height but he took him on, and that act of defiance summed up the attitude of the whole team. Plenty of times we have complained not about skills and ability of players, but the lack of fight in them ( see Diack, R for example ).

Please let it continue...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Moment of the match

Post by Tender »

Good to see weeD laugh about it. For my money it was Finn’sfeckedup kick to the corner. I’m smiling now just thinking about it. Racing bloused up three or four really good scoring opportunities, but we’re not complaining.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Amazed at how fragile Russell is. I watched his implosion in the Calcutta Cup when the Jocks fancied themselves against the auld enemy, but he really fell to pieces once we (the crowd) got at him.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I called it. Doesn't like it up him.

I enjoyed the band playing 'everywhere we go' and the crowd chanting 'Ulster, Ulster, Ulster etc.'

Then 5 mins later 'everywhere we go...'
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote:I called it. Doesn't like it up him.

I enjoyed the band playing 'everywhere we go' and the crowd chanting 'Ulster, Ulster, Ulster etc.'

I don't remember the band at all, and that is my acid test for a great atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:

I don't remember the band at all, and that is my acid test for a great atmosphere.

I was only aware of them once early first half. Best atmos for a couple of years. Main stand even got to their feet on more than one occasion. Anybody know who rents the corporate box right at the Aquinas end? There's some serious w@nkers in there on big match days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:

I was only aware of them once early first half. Best atmos for a couple of years. Main stand even got to their feet on more than one occasion. Anybody know who rents the corporate box right at the Aquinas end? There's some serious w@nkers in there on big match days.
I noticed that too Merv, absolute Bellends
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Any of the ref's close call decisions that went our way. So often we gurn about them going the other way, it's nice when we get the rub of the green.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Stockdale’s second try it was a crucial try at exactly the right time — it gave Ulster a défendable lead facing a chilly wind .

Most of the moments mentioned are cameos which achieved little towards the result— Stockdale’s try decided the match .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Moment of the match

Post by Joe Schmo »

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Anybody know who rents the corporate box right at the Aquinas end? There's some serious w@nkers in there on big match days.
thats true Merv, always that box that has you turning round to see which gimp can't hold their drink now and then wishing they'd topple over the balcony to a slow and painful death.
keel
Novice

Post by keel »

Joe Schmo wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Anybody know who rents the corporate box right at the Aquinas end? There's some serious w@nkers in there on big match days.
thats true Merv, always that box that has you turning round to see which gimp can't hold their drink now and then wishing they'd topple over the balcony to a slow and painful death.
It was, or at least used to be Kukri in some form. There's often been different local clubs from a variety of sports in it at different matches who Kukri provide kit or someone has a connection to and have done well.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Today's moment had to be El Matador Señor Stockdale putting May on his hoop in the last 10 mins.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

A personal highlight for me was spotting Derek Griffiths on the other Tigers wing :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Deraless wrote:Today's moment had to be El Matador Señor Stockdale putting May on his hoop in the last 10 mins.

Yes enjoyed that tremendously. Stocker's footwork was amazing. But so is his strength. There were several occasions in that game when he powered through opposition tackles. He really is a difficult man to bring down and almost always makes ground that other wings could not. I'd like to see Ulster using him off the wing running through the midfield, the way they did when he first appeared a couple of seasons ago, especially since he is so good at offloading.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:A personal highlight for me was spotting Derek Griffiths on the other Tigers wing :thumleft:
:duh:

I KNEW I knew him. :banghead:

Just couldn't think where from! :thumleft:

And I was watching through the round window, too! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right